It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Probably Never Made it to the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

If we can't get through the belt, how did we send satellites and rovers to Mars? I understand humans are fragile, but still, circuit boards made it through. If I remember right, the way that the astronauts made it through before was because there is a hole through the belt that they have to take at a certain angle.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember reading an article many years ago that the trajectory was calculated by using the Bible. There is a part in the Bible where God stops the earths rotation for a couple of days or so. The article stated that one of the scientists made his calculations by referring to that passage, but I don't understand that much math to know how to calculate something like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hope you seen the documentary "American Moon"

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Gothmog
There is so much wrong in the OP that I just don't know where to begin .
Where would you like me to start ?

How the astronauts survived the lunar surface with 111,000mph solar winds

Learn real science , not from YouTube .

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Nonsense...............

I'm having a hard time getting past the unnatural looking horizon line that leads into, what appears to be, a beautiful backdrop.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: chr0naut

I would say those measurements are based on a single photon return out of 10000000000000000000000 fired, with some crazy calculations and factors to account for.

"To compute the lunar distance precisely, many factors must be considered in addition to the round-trip time of about 2.5 seconds. These factors include the location of the Moon in the sky, the relative motion of Earth and the Moon, Earth's rotation, lunar libration, polar motion, weather, speed of light in various parts of air, propagation delay through Earth's atmosphere, the location of the observing station and its motion due to crustal motion and tides, and relativistic effects.[17][18] The distance continually changes for a number of reasons, but averages 385,000.6 km (239,228.3 mi) between the center of the Earth and the center of the Moon.[19] The orbits of the Moon and planets are integrated numerically along with the orientation of the Moon called physical Libration.[20]

At the Moon's surface, the beam is about 6.5 kilometers (4.0 mi) wide[21] and scientists liken the task of aiming the beam to using a rifle to hit a moving dime 3 kilometers (1.9 mi) away. The reflected light is too weak to see with the human eye. Out of 10 to the power of 21 photons aimed at the reflector, only one is received back on Earth, even under good conditions.[22] They can be identified as originating from the laser because the laser is highly monochromatic."

... and your point?

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
next they're gonna tell us the earth is flat....

er.... wait...

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don’t understand why this is still a thing… although people believe the earth is flat.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
probably by this guy 'editing' it constantly en.wikipedia.org...

originally posted by: chr0naut

How did we (and the Russians) leave stuff there, then?

Stuff like the five laser retroreflectors that we can now shine lasers off, and get very accurate distance measurements with?

Lunar Laser Ranging experiment From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
probal

When I was at University, we bounced a beam off one of the retroreflectors using the Universities' old 0.6m reflector telescope.

The retroreflectors must be there.

I don’t disagree that this is a good point for discussion but Mars has our stuff on it as well but we haven’t been there (ATS disclaimer “supposedly”).

Stuff fares much better we do in hostile environments.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nice to see something different...

I wont beat the points that everyone else hit, pretty sure that horse is paste.

But for the question how did we forget... Ill give you a modern example. KC-46 made by the same company that built the KC135R that was first put into production in the 1950's and we still have some of those flying into combat zones today. We no longer have engineers running things we have bean counters...

Also back then all of Nasa was working the problem all day and night for years to get someone on the moon. Now NASA is working on a ton of different things many politically driven without the same dedication and energy.

In a federal system they will store everything, problem is all it takes is some bureaucrat to tell an intern go clear this room, and papers used to write out the computations or tapes of the actual missions get tossed.

For anyone that has ever worked for the fed knows stupid decisions are made every single day without any thought or understanding of anything but the actual order.

I know it wont make a difference in this argument just like trying to convince a flat earther, might as well try to ram your head through a steel girder.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I lean more towards us going to the moon but I still have questions.

Refrigeration in the near vacuum of space is a bit of a puzzle to me.

I have a basic background in earthly refrigeration. I’ve always wondered how, in a sealed system, the heat is dumped to space.

In an open refrigeration system more refrigerant would need to be used than could be carried.

Any ideas?
edit on 4 5 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
🤣 wikipedia....🤣 edited by anyone and everyone.....🤣🤣 a reply to: chr0naut

Yup, lunar laser ranging is totally made up science fiction nonsense

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Me not a clue they had a clearly defined mission were told here is the wealth of a nation make it happen.

Then they did, I bet you they were coming up with workarounds on a daily basis that never made it into the official blue prints because the mission had to get done and everyone was on board.

Something that would get you fired in a heart beat today... Hope you find your answer cause I am not even sure where to try and dig into it atm, havent slept much in about 5 days good hunting!

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That sometimes it's easier to start with an assumption then work out the math to fit that expectation.

Does equipment on the moon prove that men have been there? We have rovers on mars sending all sorts of data back seemingly.
edit on 6/4/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's NASA, the NSA and CIA fault that even one person might believe no one went to the moon. Because they have mandated hiding a lot of things discovered there. Lots of lies being told, and purposefully lost images and data, tapes, etc. Then blamed on coincidence and other excuses. Also the 1960 Brookings report set all of that in motion.

The government always follows their own prepaid for "reports" like the Brookings report and the Condon report, all followed to the letter. But yeah we DID go to the moon really.
edit on 6-4-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I lean more towards us going to the moon but I still have questions.

Refrigeration in the near vacuum of space is a bit of a puzzle to me.

I have a basic background in earthly refrigeration. I’ve always wondered how, in a sealed system, the heat is dumped to space.

In an open refrigeration system more refrigerant would need to be used than could be carried.

Any ideas?

Apollo spacecraft had radiators to vent excess heat into space

ntrs.nasa.gov...

On the lunar surface the astronaut spacesuit backpacks were cooled by using water in what is called an ice sublimator

The cooling of the circulating oxygen and water is accomplished by leading it past a sublimator: a device consisting out of porous plates through which water is being forced. Upon contact with the vacuum of space, the water freezes into ice, after which it sublimates from this solid phase into gas. This endothermic process causes the sintered nickel plates of the sublimator to become very cold, cooling any oxygen and water that is led over it.

The sublimating process is self-regulating, in that the rate of vapor formation depends on the amount of heat that is applied to the device. The pressure that forces the feed water into the sublimator’s plates is provided by the squeezing of the feed water bladder that’s placed between the PLLS and the user’s back. Though fairly compact, this sublimator can dissipate over 2 MJ (2,000 BTU) peak, making it the equivalent of an air conditioning unit sized for a bedroom. This allows a human in the full heat of a Moon day to stay nice and cool.

Each spacesuit had a supply of water which was refilled after each trip out on the lunar surface

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Indeed.

Not often we agree.

But on this occasion you are spot on as the memory allocation was more than enough for the crews to make all the required calculations necessary.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   

That solar wind is comprised of mostly electrons and protons.

Essentially a stream of charged particles released from the upper atmosphere of our star and not the same as the wind we experience within our Earth atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Take for example the 2MHz of RAM that was used on the Apollo mission. To put things in perspective, a Nintendo 64 has 250MHz of RAM.

Dude you have to stop posting these bullsh*t threads of yours.

You have ZERO knowledge of science and technology. The speed of RAM is NOT a measure of its amount or quantity.

How can you be so ignorant of tech and yet have the audacity to think we never landed on the moon when there is visual and PHYSICAL evidence that we have.

I would get an education on the basics of science and tech and THEN try to debunk them.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What are you really trying to say with all that work you put into your thread?

The earth is flat.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

That sometimes it's easier to start with an assumption then work out the math to fit that expectation.

Does equipment on the moon prove that men have been there? We have rovers on mars sending all sorts of data back seemingly.

Two of those Mars rovers have my name on them!

Although having retroreflectors on the moon does not explicitly prove that men were there, it is highly likely that they were, as it fits with a lot of technology, physical, and scientific evidence.

Also, people doubt all sorts of things, which doesn't make them any less real, or negate the actual evidence. It just means the doubters are kooks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join