It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this icon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
It was a joke

Don't ask me anything about smartphones, I just remember that being a thing. I am on my 2nd smartphone and only because my old mobile phone was phased out of support for the network provider I had.

ME45. They advertised it with a picture of it tossed into sand. When have you seen such an add the last time? Now they toss them in water to proof something, I mean like, water is so much softer than sand.

You don't tell someone go pound water either? I tell you they think we are all dumb.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Try looking at it on your desktop using Inspect in Chrome.
Right click on that icon and select 'Inspect' and see what data you can find on it.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Everyone praises tor until they realize that if an entity controls your exit node it's now useless 😏
Most do not
Something like 25% of all exit nodes belong to a single entity. I wonder who...
My guess would be the U.S. since TOR founders started working with the DoD a few years back

edit on 30-3-2022 by oxtweezxo because: added to it, my knowledge your power

also I can't recall the exact year but Tor was once backdoored in its early years by it's own developers for the US government for all I know it still is, I haven't used it since and haven't checked into in awhile but many anonymous offshoots saw it

edit on 30-3-2022 by oxtweezxo because: added the Tor repo backdoor I forgot existed

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That could simply be some app that is scheduled to run a backup or syncing of data... probably with its mothership. I have a few apps that do that.

You really need to take your time and go through all your apps' settings to see what options are set up as default for updates, backup or syncing.

In the end it could also be a Samsung proprietary background process that you can't do anything about.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Lol..

My first after my brick Nokia phone( not kidding), I grabbed it cheap at the local drug store last year. I purchased a DJI Mini 2, it didn't have a screen so I needed a smartphone to download DJI software and for video usage.

Dji and that phone don't mix. So I accidentally ended up with cell phone.

That stays in my dresser.
Turned off.
While I'm out.
While I'm home.

The house phone is where to reach me.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Try looking at it on your desktop using Inspect in Chrome.
Right click on that icon and select 'Inspect' and see what data you can find on it.

Thanks so much, the issue has been resolved. The onion is no more.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: oxtweezxo
Everyone praises tor until they realize that if an entity controls your exit node it's now useless 😏
Most do not
Something like 25% of all exit nodes belong to a single entity. I wonder who...
My guess would be the U.S. since TOR founders started working with the DoD a few years back

Oh ho ho ho baby.
Now I'm getting a better picture.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yes I do.
Just moved 10k photos to my SD card. Runs much better. However I wonder how to find which ones doing it.

Not sure if it's Samsung, as it started occurring perhaps a year or so. I thought it was Instagram because that's right when it started, so I deleted it. It's not Instagram. 😆

Settings.....
Off I go looking.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
F-Bomb?

Star! Btw😆

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

& hear eye thot it was a Bomb

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Hehe.
It looks like one. It's an onion.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

decal for a locker where life rings etc. can be found….

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join