It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reimagine Tomorrow by The Walt Disney Company

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: scrounger

Looney Tunes and early Disney were not 'family films'. The former were shorts shown between features and the latter were feature films made for adults. Children were not large cinema consumers in that era and the fact that you bring up VCR use (LOL, VCR's) proves this point as they date from the 30's and 40's.

But that was a nice try at shifting the goalposts as you initially said they were made 'just for kids'.

wow .
not only are you trying to shift the goal posts.
not only are you accusing people of what yourself is doing
but your totally IGNORING FACTS..

Looney toons were FILMS and tv in and of itself
some (key word some) may (key word may) have been a "short" between features.
but alot was during the WAR and propaganda pieces.. something they CLEARLY DID NOT REPRESENT as films.

second.
i bring VCR was mentioned to be "cheeky" as disney movies were SHOWN TO CHILDREN constantly by first VCR tech.
with ALOT were NOT from the 30 and 40 unless (for example) the little mermaid or aladden were time traveled.
showing ignorance wrapped in deflection.

lastly using just ONE EXAMPLE the movie "Cinderella" was a CHILDRENS FILM that was meant to be enjoyed BY THE WHOLE FAMILY.. how in hadies you turn that into "made for adults" is beyond me.

i could give more examples but i see the FACTS are not important but JUSTIFYING DISNEY going off the rails for LBGQ(whatever) is .

sad really but crystal clear.

scrounger

<< 1  2  3   >>

join