It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wokeness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
That would be by foot then, I like my drivers license

Give me a heads up if you ever come to South Germany.

But about the meeting, I don't know if there was ever any European one. I could volunteer with a place where we could do that, I have enough room and parking space for every European member, shower, kitchen and even a small bedroom in my shop for those that pass out.

Train stations is a bit further away but has good connections. Those that come by plane might have to parachute in though.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

We have great public transport, but you probably can't afford them

but guess what, you can ride a train without ticket, I keep telling that to the smart ass beggars, that needs another dollar for the train ticket.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah but then I would be a "black driver" and you know... cultural appropriation.

Wait a minute... the Deutsche Bahn is absolutely racist, I just noticed. "black driver"....outrageous, I am going to write a stern letter and ask for public excuses and floggings.

I heard you have medical hemp fields down there. I might come with a full-harvester instead.
edit on 29-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I have some first hand experiences with my dreadlocks. I have been accused of cultural appropriation. Which is such a ridiculous argument considering the hairstyles found in ancient tombs all over Europe.
My weak comeback is, that hair combers are trying to appropriate the ruling class culture, when they are just slaves.

I have some first hand experiences with my dreadlocks.

Actually , hair braiding is a European thing dating back between 20,000 - 30,000 years ago .

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Stop combing hair and things will go dreadlocks pretty fast, no braiding culture needed...

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

with the harvester, you certainly won't infringe the speed limit
I don't know about any fields, but I can show you my closet

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You coppin my style cuzzo-san

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Check PM in 5 minutes.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

The lost sister! There you are

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
You coppin my style cuzzo-san

Just call me Lil' Kimchi.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Good to see you dear! Great OP. This is all so ridiculous.
I'll be on later with finally a little time to spare

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
Nice to see you too

Yeah ridiculous!

I'll be on later with finally a little time to spare

I will have to catch up on that, getting out at 4am tomorrow... with the trailer hitched. Cheapskates won't deliver it because it's not the white one. Now it's THE right one
and it has obfuscating camouflage foil because it's the latest iteration. Sure I will have a lot of people up my ass on the autobahn making photos tomorrow unless they give me a cover.

But I expect they use it as advertising, can't wait I tell you. I probably can't sleep tonight but will stay away from the phone

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Do you want some real irony?

They want us to be "less white", but we are somehow supposed to do it without exhibiting any traits from any other culture which would be "less white". And, I foresee that if we did magically create a whole new culture to be "less white", then it would still be white somehow.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A favorite tune of mine..Was going to do a thread on the Sub-woke Culture today and use these lyrics..Whatya know a thread on the very topic. Sort of a continuance on another thread. This is from late 90s.

The pit, the pit (Oh my!)
Yo, 1, 2
Dun dunna dunna dun
All ya'll mentally dead SOBs
We come to break ya'll some information and ressurect you
From the mentality of foolishness
Yo, yo
Become AWAKE and chop the heads of these snakes
It's better off they dyin' in a pit full of snakes
Mistake inside your self, that be the first head you take
It's better off than dyin' in a pit full of snakes

The sky got my karma glowin'
Gold armor, surround my body
I'm reachin a high state of nirvana
But want to chop and imitate
To bite, the livin' spirits
Golden livin tablets
Transmitted by the Abbot
Blood related king to King David's mighty men
I appear in the atmosphere like
Nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide
Helium, xenon, argon, neon, freon, be gone
I travel beyond
The range where sick sounds grave
You can't respond
Dynamic semantics makes your mind go frantic
Hand picked Gods
Razor sharp be my standard
Breakin' from bondage and white garments
Eye ball as black as onyx
Hair gonna grow as long as a comet's tail
Escape from Hell
Watch the Gods be real
What makes rain and hail, snow and earthquakes?
Goin' through crisis, or mad devices
I thought girls was made of sugar and spices
Always wanted to know'em like Isis
While others bow down, Percival, Cyrus
I'm inside my lab stabbin' rhymes on black papyrus
Your weight couldn't measure a snow flake
How you gonna shine on a God while you rotate
I dislocate your head, your neck, your back, your legs, your kneecap
Back smack your butt dude
And splatter your gall bladder
My mathematical data
Terror far beyond the stars of William Shatner
The rattler can't deport on my speed of thought
Then escape New York in East London or import
Stronger currents than my brains runnin' rapid
Hereditary practice pierce hoes through metal jackets
War commander
Folks get caught up in the exhaust pipe
Get the frost right or suffer frost bite
Isle of the King
Maniac barbarian, sort of Romanian
Underground, subterranean
Five stepper grandson of Nefar
The rest of ya'll heffers, thimble
Ya'll resembled Uncle Fester
God biding escape
Through telepathic gates
Integrate, causin' one mind to elevate
Stagnate competition, like an earthquake
Causin' the earth to shake
On release day, diggin more graves
Master 4 tay or black cherries block
Freshly picked out the cemetery, bear the plot
Become AWAKE and chop the heads of these snakes
It's better off they dyin' in a pit full of snakes
Mistake inside your self, that be the first head you take
It's better off than dyin' in a pit full of snakes
Yo, projectiles lace the project ailes
Organic, saw panic when I wreck stuff and smile
With more props than New York City got blocks
I cripple your whole knot till your air drip of snot
First encounter of Hell, is facin' Grym
Lacin' human shells with radiation until cell mutation
Begins to permeate flesh
Like skins bein' pressed
And barb wire, steel mesh
As 200 nerve endings record the pain
I cut like the Wu-Tang sword hittin' the brain
The main issue for invasion of your brain tissue
Is your dismissal, fella I reign official
I lack fear like a black bear
Slash your chest area open
And have the whole world soakin within your hemoglobin
Then blast, your lyrics be on face and astrophysics
You couldn't be doper if you were Noriega's chemist
Twistin' the mic like Brooklyn fire hydrants in the summer
Bangin' like a Forerunner
Lyrically my formula is see-4 to the third power
Of ice, fire, and water
This equation 'causes manslaughter
Torture upon the microphone
With the type of poem
The strikes like a poem with a baseball bat
Why waste the track, I'm better than all of that!

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

A few years ago, I got kicked out of a huge woke facebook page because I defended myself for having dreads and being white. My argument is that I have curly hair and it happens naturally for me, plus it's ultra low maintenance as well which is great as I'm not a maintenance person. Had them almost twenty years and nobody thought anything of it back then. I've even had a few black ladies compliment me on them so the woke phenomenon seems to just be pandering to a certain crowd, not everyone thinks it's normal.

The fb page was pretty cool in that new people to the city could meet up with others, they'd find housing and resources for each other. Community minded but with the woke twist. I understood that they are all trying to be good people but at the expense of a different type of integrity. Too much virtue signaling. I'm also intolerant to stupidity.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
"Vanity, my favorite Sin."
Satan, Devils Advocate

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Personally, I think for the most part people should be who they be, even if that isn't how I might personally be. However, I expect them to extend me the same courtesy, and that's often where things begin to break down.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We are all being called out to be diverse ...... surely that doesn't fit comfortably

with cultural appropriation?

edit on 30-3-2022 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2022 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I don't understand your question...

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I eat with chopsticks, because I want to know what it's like, to be empathetic and because it's an interesting way to eat food.

I have noticed that with chopsticks, you can't take as big a portion at any given time, unless the food is very sticky and you are very skilled, perhaps. It's like chopsticks limits the amount you can shove in your food at any one time, and that's probably a healthy things.

With fork, let alone spoon, you can basically shove a tiny truckload of food at one time into your mouth, and it looks disgusting, it's not elegant at all.

When you watch Japanese people eat with spoon, fork and other non-chopstick utensils, the first thing you notice is how they hold it wrong (in a very sturdy way instead of 'proper' or more elegant way), and the second thing you notice is they shove ENORMOUS amount in their food every time, way more than a 'western', 'cultured' or 'someone used to eating with fork or spoon' ever would.

I think this is because chopsticks naturally limit the portion you take and eat, so they don't need to consider that size, it's just naturally small, and they probably expect spoon or fork to do that, too (sub-consciously), but as they're less limiting in that way, they end up eating way too big a portion. It looks funny, like a kid learning to eat and not knowing what size portion to shove in mouth.

In any case, cultural appropriation makes no sense, but when you see people do it, it can be quite funny.

Japanese people generally seem to actually be honored by the idea that people born into non-asian BODIES ('cultural appropriation' makes BODY the most important thing again, not the human being or soul) love their culture so much they want to adopt it into their lives as well, so a 'westerner wearing a kimono' is NOT a shocking thing to a Japanese individual, but more a FUN thing.

It's like if I design something that someone else wants to use, I feel happy about it, right? Why wouldn't cultures want to exchange things between themselves? Why wouldn't people of certain culture be happy that other people find their culture fascinating and worth indulging in?

Does anyone here have any idea just how MUCH business Japan makes off 'gaijins' that come to Japan and want to buy 'japanese things' to bring home, and how much that kind of stuff they manufacture for this very reason? If 'cultural appropriation' was suddenly banned, they would lose enormous amount of business! All those plastic mini-katanas and 'funny masks' and whatnot, would not be sold anymore.

This whole 'cultural appropriation' idea diminishes the value of cultures, and saying that only Japanese people should be allowed to wear kimonis is CRAZY. Think about it; what about black or white people, who are born in Japan? Are they allowed to wear kimonos, but German-born, Japanese-looking individual with Japan-born parents is not allowed to wear kimonos?

Where and how do you draw the line?

If this becomes a trend, we have to re-evaluate EVERYTHING, from food to inventions, technology, and so on. Airplanes, skateboards, trains, computers - whatever country's people invented any kind of structure or system, other countries can't use it. Only Romans can use roads from now on..

(I know they didn't invent 'road' concept per se, but the whole thing is so insane, I wouldn't be surprised if someone demanded something as stupid as this)

Shouldn't people AT LEAST ask the 'culture that is supposed to be offended', as to whether the people living in that culture are offended? I mean, if it's OK with Japanese, why should I stop wearing kimonos just because some american thinks it's some kind of 'appropriation' (which it is not)?

What about people that moved to Japan and have lived there fore decades, are they allowed to wear kimonos that their friends gave to them as birthday presents?

I mean, how about _FREEDOM_? Wouldn't that be more important than trying to limit and control what people can or can not wear, eat or use? What happened to 'imitation is sincerest form of flattery'?

I don't know, this world is so far beyond help that I think all my explanations and examinations are useless, but I just wanted to put this post out there.. maybe in two thousand years, some archaeologist will find this post to study old english and might find some use from it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join