It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wokeness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
"I don't hear or do rap, because it's made by black people"
"I don't wear dreadlocks, because Rastafari are also black"
"I don't wear African dresses, because I am not African"
"I don't produce African sauce in Italy, because I am not African."
"I don't eat with chopsticks, because I am not Asian".

If you say these sentences in public, you are called racist and intolerant. No doubt. Since the reason for not doing it is either a different culture or skin color. That's intolerance and when it's about skin color or heritage, then that's also racist. What isn't in these days, anyways?

Why is it then, that Friday for Future can uninvite a white singeres because of her dreadlocks and argue it's because of her culture and skin color?

Why is it then, that woke people think they can tell other's how they eat Asian food? Can I not use chopsticks that I even learned to use, because of the experience and interest in their culture? And simply because most dishes are very easy to eat with chopsticks instead of a fork?

Or that an Italian sauce manufacture is denied producing African style sauce? Because it's not "authentic"?

Can someone explain this to me? What happens when you ask someone believing all the above to be right and making sense?

I guess I am just intolerant towards stupidity?

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Well "authentic" is the human race...

we might figure that out one day as a species...

Though i think the only way that will happen is when another species decides to say hello publicly so social medla can't shrug it off as fake...

Then perhaps we may be one people... after a few decades... and wars... and stupidity

what is "woke" anyway?

edit on 29-3-2022 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

"Woke" seems to be a self described term, it first was used in conspiracy theory as in sheeple are sleeping.

Then it got bastardized by all kinds of SJW aligned groups it seems. They called others sleepers that didn't align with their ideas, much similar to conspiracy themed term of being "awake".

Then it was so overdone the word became a parody on the movement itself, because it was apparent that many "woke" people share the same pattern, as in, being incredible intolerant towards other views.

Hence why I use the term here, as it is established now. Also someone self describing as "woke" as it happened in the beginnings is the epitome of degrading other's. Again, very similar to conspiracy themed sheeple or sleepers.

Just that the "woke" crowd is trying to enforce their view, I think that's the main difference.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Also someone self describing as "woke" as it happened in the beginnings is the epitome of degrading other's. Again, very similar to conspiracy themed sheeple or sleepers.

so how do you feel as a "woke" person as compared to the rest of your species?

i know us huu mans is quite dumb

cripes we argue about the shape of the planet ffs...

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
I don't consider myself woke, but yes indeed I have used the term sheeple to describe humans that follow the mass without questioning it. "Woke" people however do not want to grant that to others, don't question or you are "not woke".

I tell you if we get a flat earth and hollow earth forum like it was asked for lately, I will petition for a forum about all things magic and fairies

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
I guess I am just intolerant towards stupidity?

I don't know, Ducky. There's something different about people who can 'do' things ... compared to people who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Ya just see things from a different perspective they can't.

BTW, chopsticks allow you to pick up -vs- scoop up. It's a developed skill. My wife made a point of teaching me so I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of my future mother-in-law.

There are a lot of different meanings for 'woke'. IMO you're 'woke' when you step away from the herd ... and see the herd for what it is.

edit on 2932022 by Snarl because: autocorrect

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I have some first hand experiences with my dreadlocks. I have been accused of cultural appropriation. Which is such a ridiculous argument considering the hairstyles found in ancient tombs all over Europe.
My weak comeback is, that hair combers are trying to appropriate the ruling class culture, when they are just slaves.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
Let me guess, you were also judged before that, but not for cultural appropriation but for being different. I remember you told me where you come from so I can imagine that very good.

Am I right? Can't make it right for everyone.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I know what you mean about can "do" things. Not sure if it's just a drive that other's do not have or do not embrace. I think it's good that there are so many different personalities, it just get's annoying sometimes when one group tries to tell the others how they have to live.

Or what symbols they can look at, what words they can use, what tools they can use to eat, how to have their hair etc.

Oh yes and chopsticks, I trained alone in the dark with blinds closed to not embarrass myself during a dinner. And then everyone ate with normal fork and spoon and was amazed about the chopstick "skills". And then I had to confess I just learned it because I thought it would be embarrassing to be the only one not able to use chopstick.

Short awkward moment because I am a pro in being socially awkward in RL. Then the overall consensus must have been that I don't say they are embarrassing but just admitted I overthink stuff. And everyone laughed, I took it as laughing with me, not about me. And powered through eating with chopsticks just because.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

no, we are oh so neutral, we never judge others for being different /sarc

I take it as a compliment, now more than ever. Being normal in a sick society is not something I strive for.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Hey now…
You gotta get woke…
That way you can push “the message”

This whole appropriation thing is ridiculous and is not being used correctly.
A non black with dreadlocks is not committing cultural appropriation.

In order for that term to be correct the person must be exploiting, disrespecting or claiming ownership of whatever piece of culture that is being used. That is something very rare.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I didn't take the bridges rigged with tons of explosive for decades, that connect your country and mine, personally, so the neutrality was kept :-P

Also agreed, what's normal anyways, it's kind of relative

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I eat dreadlocks with chopsticks. Come at me, but first put on some Wu Tang.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Agreed, that's why it is so silly to cancel the singer, because she had dreadlocks, being white. But it's FFF, FFS.

What can we expect?

That it wasn't called raping the culture... I am surprised. And the best is... it was white people deciding that.
edit on 29-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'll invite you to do so, it's quite a nice and very expensive country. You can always crash my couch

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you move away from Q Joisey .. or are you just traveling?

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
At the gravel pit?
A mystery unraaaaveling...

ba-da-duim duim

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
BTW, chopsticks allow you to pick up -vs- scoop up.

They also can give you a pronounced overbite, excerpted from Bee Wilson's Consider the Fork, an interesting anthropological examination of how we eat.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Did you move away from Q Joisey .. or are you just traveling?

I still live here in the land of my-property-taxes-cost-more-than-a-new-car. But back to traveling full time, I'm in Atlanta this week.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
At the gravel pit?

No, at the rap battle where I have on my kimono.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join