It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubling Trend; Humanizing Hitler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Throughout my post WWII life I have heard and seen Adolf Hitler invariably portrayed as the epitome of cold evil. Aside from a handful of wartime cartoons and such Hitler was never seen in any kind of human or humorous light.
Looks like that is changing. I list three examples.

1) Jojo Rabbit. movie in which Hitler is the imaginary companion of a small boy. watch them running through the fields together! ??

2) Danger 5. Goofy Australian tv show in which a team of heroes is sent to 'Stop Hitler', whose plots involve such schemes as stealing the Eiffel Tower and re-introducing dinosaurs. in several episodes Hitler is seen as escaping by jumping through a window (same happened in Jojo Rabbit).
www.youtube.com...

3) Hitler Rants parodies. A clip of Hitler having a meltdown in a movie is accompanied by absurd subtitles as Hitler responds to losing his guitar in airline luggage, plays a Slenderman video game, etc. One recent one involves him reacting to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. at the end a somber Hitler observes 'Pray for Ukraine'.
www.youtube.com...

he's looking a long way from monsterdom.

I'm sure some of you can think of other examples.
not sure quite what to think of this but I don't think I like it.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

How do you feel about the movie little nikki where they jam a pineapple up hitlers ass, stem side first?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hitler was a human.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Hitler has always been a lovable huggable teddy bear. Just look how he merciful killed his own wife and dog.

Who wouldn't want to love and hug a man who ripped the teeth out of men and women. Had men and women dig their own graves before ordering them to kill their loved ones family and children or take their place while killing them to.

If you didn't kill your family, you were killed. Next person would jump the gun just to live another day.

(Sarcasm of love and hugs implied).

I don't think you need to worry about humanizing Hitler. More worrying about the lies being told at the Whitehouse.
edit on 28-3-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet you didn't actually watch Jojo Rabbit. Because in it Adolf was a cartoonish characterization, at best (he was an imaginary friend after all), and it didn't end well for him either.

The second one sounds funny and a lot like satire. The third one you even admit to being parodies. Is that lost on you?

Go watch some Monty Python's Flying Circus, maybe some Benny Hill while you're at it. Portraying Hitler in this light is nothing new.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Hitler gets bombed into the 21st century.
Hehe.

Hitler's Bunker is bombed, but Hitler falls out off the air in the future which our present time. But once again he spreads his propaganda. Hitler's message in the present is received well. During all of this, Hitler has a journalist follow him around making a documentary... but the journalists finds out were Hitler really came from.

Done like a documentary. People just came up to him during filming, that's what you see in this movie.. real people walking up to him wanting pics and an autograph.

"Look Who Back" 2015.
youtu.be...

Movie.
youtu.be...

edit on 28-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I remember reading through a whopper of a book when I was a kid called The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. A huge book. I think everyone should read it who hasn't.

In it it comes to mind Hitler talks about his mustache. They said it looked goofy. He said that everyone will want to wear it pretty soon, because he is wearing it.

I don't think anyone has ever wanted to wear such a mustache ever again.

The name Putin is going to sound like Hitler in the minds of a lot of people pretty soon. They both pretty much destroyed those family names.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It is entirely possible that most everything we were told about every war was lies or exagerations. Hitler included.

I have zero opinion or knowledge on it personally but after a lifetime of seeing just how much propaganda is being fed to the masses through the media and knowing that the victor always writes history from their perspective, it seems possible parts of the story were fabricated.

Not saying Hitler was a good guy, just that truth is likely lost. Artistic expression might be involved in seeking that part of history, a kind of filling in the blanks as he was human, had family, etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Recent?

And let's not forget 1968

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
It is entirely possible that most everything we were told about every war was lies or exagerations. Hitler included.

I have zero opinion or knowledge on it personally but after a lifetime of seeing just how much propaganda is being fed to the masses through the media and knowing that the victor always writes history from their perspective, it seems possible parts of the story were fabricated.

Not saying Hitler was a good guy, just that truth is likely lost. Artistic expression might be involved in seeking that part of history, a kind of filling in the blanks as he was human, had family, etc.

Check out the book I linked above. Here is one to Amazon:

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

Most of it is fact based off of papers from the Third Reich itself after it had fallen.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

originally posted by: igloo

Check out the book I linked above. Here is one to Amazon:

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

Most of it is fact based off of papers from the Third Reich itself after it had fallen.

IIRC, the author lived in Germany throughout the 20’s and early 30’s and was actually present for at least one of Hitler’s speeches. His opinion of Hitler was very obvious throughout the book: Hitler was a complete madman.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Hitler was one of the vilest pieces of scum the earth has ever seen.

Nothing special in himself simply another pervert with a thing for his own niece, killed her boyfriend so he could abuse her all to himself and of course psychological study's made during the war but never released so these were not propaganda suggested he probably liked woman pissing and defecating on his face, eventually he murdered her as well.

Hated many people, cold and not actually all that intelligent it was the clique around him that got him up into a position of power including some satanic occult figures one of whom recognized him as the antichrist.

Introduced euthanasia for even mild disability's and massacred an unknown number of disabled Germans and an unknown number of German Children who were regarded as somehow substandard.

One of history's biggest mass murderer's.

But today's kids play games were everything is kill, kill, kill and they are desensitized to violence, our generation were SHOCKED at the sight of someone being attacked and felt revulsion at many things kid's these days laugh at because of this desensitization.

Most of them know almost nothing about history and do not know the crimes of the past so as the old saying goes he whom forgets the mistakes of the past is doomed to repeat them.

It troubles me extremely what you point out.

But even on this site there are some morons that hero worship that evil little corporal.

One of the mistakes of history but made for the best possible reason was when a British sharp shooter had Hitler in his sight's and decided not to pull the trigger in the first world war because Hitler had his arm in a sling though he later recognized him when the second world war came around.

Hitler had a natural magnetic and very evil charisma but alone it was nothing so he had to study another dictator by the name of Mussolini in order to copy Mussolini's style of delivering speeches, it worked well in Italy and he made it work in Germany, of course Mussolini was no where near as evil as Hitler, another Dictator and yes another Fascist by the name of Franco scared Hitler so much when they met since he could see right through Hitler and unlike Hitler was a real soldier if also NOT a good man and Hitler (or whatever evil dwelt within him) refused to ever be in a room with Franco again, for his part Franco no stranger to murdering his own people to gain power never sided with the Axis and remained neutral so one may assume there dislike of one another was mutual though he had accepted aid from the NAZI's during the Spanish civil war crushing both the Democratic Spanish and the communist Spanish though most of that aid consisted of nothing but the NAZI's providing air support via there so called Condor legion whom flew mostly Stuka dive bombers during that conflict and bombed mostly poorly equipped Spanish civilians whom happened to be on the wrong side in that civil war.

Hitler was evil but there are many would be Hitler's in the world today.

If that footage of Ukrainian soldiers murdering captive Russian soldiers is true then I am afraid that perhaps Putin is correct after all, there are of course the Azov regiment there whom are actually a right wing Militia whom hero worship another piece of filth from the second world war by the name of Bandera.
Far from the only crime there grandfathers committed.
www.ilawjournals.com...

And if that claim they are murdering captive Russian soldiers is true?.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetTheColdCome
Hitler was a human.

Hitler was a subhuman with brain fried by addiction to drugs .

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

The name Putin is going to sound like Hitler in the minds of a lot of people pretty soon.

Or redeemed by information ?
Who knows ?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: LetTheColdCome
Hitler was a human.

Hitler was a subhuman with brain fried by addiction to drugs .

All I said was that he’s a human, which he is. Maybe OP should be a bit more accurate with the wording. What about what I said offended you?

The drug thing is new to me. As far as I knew, he got drunk once and never drank again. I’m not #ing defending the guy. I do, however, think it’s important to understand why people do what they do, good or bad, to get a better grasp on why they did certain things; this applies to everyone, and especially household names.

Now, real quick, go check under your twin bed to see if Adolf is hiding under there.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hey im back! lil hits is sensitive subject.

first up, jojo rabbit was directed by a guy named cohen.

second up, even if history is written by the victors, and hits history has been changed, one thing he did do, was march his people into war. and war is only good for business, the bankers, oil barrens, globalists, internationalists. thats it. war is NOT good for germans, or americans, or italians, or japanese, or the chinese, or any normal human, etc.

my favorite hits legend is he escaped to argentina and married a local [native south american] woman. do you think he learned spanish lol?

but hits was as much a jerk as churchill, roosevelt, mousillini, stallin, etc. all of them marched to the rothschilds orders for a war, none of them cared about their people, they only cared to follow orders of trilllionaires.
edit on 28-3-2022 by drongosrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LetTheColdCome

Now, real quick, go check under your twin bed to see if Adolf is hiding under there.

First , read my sig.
I live by that .

Humans do not behave like monsters .

As far as the drugs go , look it up .

History , history , history .

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I had to laugh so much watching that movie

"So what email address do you want?"
"with my name, Adolf Hitler"
"Now I have to ask, sorry, is your name really Adolf Hitler???"
"No, of course not, in reality my name is "Schmulo Rosenzweig"
"Oh it's already taken"
"What gone?? Somebody has my name there!!"
"And.. what if you take a different one?"
"Like an alias??"
"Yeah"
"Then I pick "The new Reich Chancellery, I always liked that"

"So this is the Internet?"
"Yes, it's also pretty much unregulated"
"That is.... good .. to .. know..."
edit on 29-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
As a German, I think it's both needed and bad in the same way.

Look, Hitler was just a man. A charismatic crazy man but he was a human, like you and me. To put him on a pedestal as exceptionally evil person is dangerous. While he was evil and dengerous, it makes people think that it can never happen again in similar ways, or different settings even. As in giving the impression he was outstanding evil like 1 in 500 years born type of evil.

The things he did/let do were horrible, no question. Now about the ridiculing. Bigburgh posted a trailer to a video. I suggest if you have interest and want to see it from a different side, you can watch that movie, until the end.

It carries a lot of nuances and by far does not portrait Hitler as a good person. I don't want to spoil the movie for you but just so you have the right idea about it and not dismiss it.

For me as a German, who is heavy burdened with that history, it was nice to get a different angle. It was laughing about Hitler, not with him. The humble way he is portrayed after waking up in our time, was to show that human angle of Hitler.

It also shows how easy some people can be manipulated and I am not talking about Germans alone here. It's easy to gather folks behind you, if you push the right button. Now, I am going to bring up an example and by no means I want to compare both, but Trump had a similar charismatic way. He touched the hearts of the peoples worries and used some of them for his cause.

The difference is the politics he had was not like Hitler's but the effect he had, was the same. He polarized people and the people themselves made him almost a cult figure.

Now, because I know I am on a mostly US visited forum, I didn't say Trump = Hitler, I know some now rub their hands for a witty reply either agreeing with me or asking how I dare. I just compared the effect on the people, not any actions both did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join