It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy-ruble and petro-yuan instead of petro-dollar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: RussianTroll

Are you using google translate? It's just hard to make out who you meant.

Yes, I use google translate.
But the reverse translation is automatically performed by my Yandex browser.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Did you mean Putin's investments in Ukraine? Apparently he invested a lot of money into bribes intended for Ukrainian officials, but his corrupt agents defrauded him and kept the money. It can happen to an old KGB man, when you sit in the Kremlin too long and loose touch.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If I learned anything about Putin is that he won't let anyone see his cards, unlike the Western leaders that are always talking a lot, my country included.

There's that one question revolving in my mind though, if there is evidence for anything that is claimed, enrichment, biolabs, genocide of Russians, how come we have not seen Putin/Russia publish it in a manner that it is clear this is Russia's statement and let the West react. Yes I read several translations of Putins speech and got all that, but that's a speech and no evidence at all.

Yes of course it will be called fake news but a country releasing info is different than let's say RT.

I think if there is any tiny bit of justification to be found to invade and Russia has evidence for that, your government is doing your country no favor in being stoic about it not producing the evidence in a clear cut manner.

There's this feeling Putin has something in store we don't know about yet. That's what I meant a bit further up, I just say CO2 and Russian forest, the rest of the world did not see that coming. Not even most Russians, but Putin did, stoic did his thing and in the end, came out on top of it and Russia is now on the receiving end of that CO2 balancing transfer money.

a reply to: Cutepants
His English is perfectly fine, when another foreigner can understand him, then you should be able to do so, too. If not you should look for shortcomings on your side, not accuse the other one using google translate and secretly imply he can only speak Russian.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I can't read people's minds, come on. And I'm a foreigner too, I'm not Russian.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Did you mean Putin's investments in Ukraine? Apparently he invested a lot of money into bribes intended for Ukrainian officials, but his corrupt agents defrauded him and kept the money. It can happen to an old KGB man, when you sit in the Kremlin too long and loose touch.

I clearly wrote that the West is protecting its investments in Ukraine as an Anti-Russia project.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Oh, you meant the West! OK

Well it's always always important to judge an investment by it's potential gains and not just by how much money you have sunk into it already. I mean that you shouldn't keep putting more money into a bad investment hoping you'll get the lost money back. But in the case of Ukraine, I think all these anti tank and aircraft weapons have been a great investment I'm very happy with that.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Do you need proof? Don't trust Putin? Today there was already a thread on the forum about the torture and murder of Russian prisoners (most likely Donbass militias) in Kharkov. I give you another video.
A murdered woman with signs of torture in the "Ukrainian military base" in the basement of a Mariupol school. Reporting by Patrick Lancaster.

Warning video 18+
The video can only be viewed on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-3-2022 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Oh, you meant the West! OK

Well it's always always important to judge an investment by it's potential gains and not just by how much money you have sunk into it already. I mean that you shouldn't keep putting more money into a bad investment hoping you'll get the lost money back. But in the case of Ukraine, I think all these anti tank and aircraft weapons have been a great investment I'm very happy with that.

Tell that to Victoria Nuland and the State Department, who confirmed in 2014 that the US funded a $5 billion coup d'état in Ukraine. In reality, much more. This is an investment in Anti-Russia

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You think she's disappointed with the coup? I feel like it worked pretty well. But serious, pro-Ukraine doesn't have to be anti-Russia. You're locked in a siege mentality that will hurt us all and only benefit China.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's not like I discard what you say without asking for more info. And I don't ask for single evidence.

I just like to collect additional information on what the MSM is trying to sell to me. I try to see all sides of this conflict and I do not adhere to any side because all three (NATO&EU, Ukraine, Russia) have been caught in discrepancies. It is more than clear to my that Putin warned about it. I understand the reasoning behind the invasion, right or wrong, Putin said this was going to happen if NATO keeps expanding. And the West provoked it with full intent. That doesn't give absolution to Putin but gives some insight on the Russian side.

Your posts are appreciated and because of old Russian friends I think I can relate and understand Russians a bit, we share a lot and have food and tradition in common, however this is about your government, not about us.

People called me Russian propagandist before, for speaking up against half truths. I think for myself and now I want to know why Putin / the Russian government does not use all that evidence. I am asking for your opinion, as a Russian knowing your government and Putin better than me, on why the Russian government won't officially release this evidence. What could be the reasons.

Because I can think of no valid reasons to hold back on this, if it exists. The only reasoning I can come up with would be like "they won't believe anyways" but I find this a bit hard to accept because it's happening on a country level.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

To be fair, we invaded Iraq on the premise of WMD without proof, so tit for tat. We already know NATO has been screwing with Ukraine for many years, and I imagine assimilating one more country on Russia's border would be plenty of reason to finally draw a red line in the sand, and- unlike the US- actually do something when it's crossed.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Tit for that? Putin invaded Ukraine, not America. Why do Ukrainians and Russians deserve to die just because America killed Iraqis?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

just because America killed Iraqis?

Who started the mess in Ukraine with the regime changes, color revolutions? before 2014? what happened in Ukraine in 2005 or 2008?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Did you mean Putin's investments in Ukraine? Apparently he invested a lot of money into bribes intended for Ukrainian officials

Oh did you mean how the Biden admin and Biden's son has a long time interest in Ukraine? and sevearl other US officials have a interest in Ukraine?

Or when they bragged who to replace as the prime minster or President of Ukraine? do you remember that?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

It's none of your business if they overthrow a corrupt leader. That doesn't justify going in and bombing entire cities to the ground just because Putin is butthurt.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

No, I didn't mean that

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Until they end up shooting down a plane somewhere outside of Ukraine right? I think this "investment" is going to bite us backed pretty hard in the not so distant future...

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

No, I think it will make Russia think twice before attacking again. So in the long run the risk of shooting down a plane outside of Ukraine will be much lower.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What any idiotic uninformed response. You do realize there are over 10k foreign fighters on the battlefield right now...and they arent the most well vetted. In fact on both sides there appears to be middle easterners fighters which have links to terrorist groups. Once these weapons hit the battlefield they arent exactly tracked either. So no it isn't reducing the risk...there is a reason we don't usually send weapons like this to places like that. Russia isn't thinking twice...they already made their mind up.

So I say again...there is a very good chance this "investment" is going to bite us in the ass...and it will be innocent civilian lives which will be lost not those doing the "investing".

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So I guess if China tries to take Taiwan then Russia and China can just play circle jerk with each other and use their own currencies to do that. Back in the USSR of old a Ruble wasn't worth the cost of the print outside of Russia and a few countries.

Let's see how that all plays out...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join