It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olfactory hallucination or something else

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Luv me some Joe Kenda .

Sounds like you were so relaxed you just connected on a deep level with the show.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Everytime I read about having a stroke I smell burned toast.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: incoserv
Unrelated, really, but I enjoy true crime podcasts as well. The gorey details never really bother me. But I recently stumbled into a podcast dealing with industrial and work accidents. Made it about five minutes into the first episode and bailed. I just couldn't do it.

I'll have to check them out. I rarely watch tv, but I'll often have it in the background for noise.
I literally could just have ID as the only channel and be ok with that.

Industrial accidents are just plain gross, too much crunching going on.

Exactly!

Somehow, I can listen to accounts of serial killers slaughtering innocent human beings and it has little to no effect on my psyche; but start talking about someone getting crushed by a forklift or gassed by an acidic vapor cloud and I go all pale and limp.

Odd thing...

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The sound of cracking or crunching bones skeeves me out..

I used to be a goalkeeper and I once was the recipient of a half volley attempt except his shoelaces went through my collar bone and not the ball as I dove out and intercepted a thigh high strong cross through my 6 yard box.

That "KKRUucktch ! " sound was horrible...

Whenever I hear that now in a movie,especially sports genre, I can't help but wince.

🥴😟

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its called Phantosomia. Phantom Smell.

I have a sinus issues and just about 5 years ago I started smelling gasoline one day really strong, thought it was just something in my surroundings, had everyone at work worried about a gas leak because i kept asking everyone if they could smell it.

This went on for a few days, even when I got home I could still smell it but I thought maybe I had something on my clothes and it was just me.

Everywhere and I mean everywhere I went I could smell it, at home, at work, on the train to work, grocery stores, anyway I thought I was going nuts, some days it was so strong my throat would burn and my eyes would water. It would feel like there was gas can directly under my nose.

after awhile I stopped asking people because I must have sounded nuts. I finally went online and typed in "why do I keep smelling gasoline" and so many stories came up about people having the same smell and other smells.

It comes and goes, sometimes it will be for a few weeks, sometimes just a few days, and the strange thing is when its gone I kinda of miss it, like its mine you know, its my little weird thing that I have. sounds a bit odd but its the only way I can describe it.

Has to do with sinus and the inner ear, some people smell different things, vomit, dogpoo, burnt toast and each smell is assoicated with different issues.

Im glad you posted this as sometimes trying to explain to others, I come off as sounding nuts. lol.

Havent experienced it for couple of years now.
Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

That's totally a thing and happens to me all the time. I have to mostly eat with no TV on or anything just in case. I can also feel people's feelings and it drives me crazy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join