It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olfactory hallucination or something else

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oddly one of the ways I love to relax is to watch crime murder shows. Joe Kenda, Investigation Discovery, all of them.
The other odd thing is that I am seriously the biggest scardy cat, I can't watch a horror movie as it is too disturbing for me, I can't explain it.

So today I was totally relaxing, watching this show, and the police find a truck and there is a dismembered body in there.
In that one second I would have sworn on my firstborn that I could smell the rotting body. It was a smell I have never smelled before and to
say it was disturbing is an understatement. It was as if I got one whiff, right through the tv show...It was seriously the weirdest thing.

I know there is a sensation called phantom smells, olfactory hallucination. Often people smell smoke, perfume, or something similar. The odd thing is this happened right as I was watching the show.

So am I just a complete weirdo or what?

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Psychosomatic coupling.

One example is, you can not know how it smelled there and thus you can't know if the smell you never smelled before is that one.

The second example being, people loosing appetite and food not tasting good when they see nasty things. Happened to me lately, I was chewing on a sandwich during lunch and saw some survivalist show to distract myself from work during break.

Yeah and he like gutted a camel and squeezed elephant # to get some water. That really ruined my sandwich. It was like if I could taste the # that just fell into his mouth, never having eaten it before either. A strange sentence to type on an online board, as I am not planning to.

But you might get what I want to try to say.

Add: I want to add that am not easy to be disgusted, but that in combination with eating was just too much. It does not happen often but it's clearly a thing.
edit on 26-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You seem to be a sensitive from other events you've described.

Interesting experience. Was the TV show the prod, or just something that was coincidentally involved?

You made me recall an experience in college. Walking down some stairs, I encountered a strong smell of what seemed to be red meat. Then I saw the blood all over the stairs. A student had deliberately cut themselves while drunk. An awful odor, and even worse was realizing its source.

Cheers
edit on 26-3-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Something 'similar' once I caught a bullet with my head in my dreams...
I don't know how it feels to catch a bullet in your body.
I know nothing about bullets and such things...

I was lucid dreaming at the time, which is why I decided to take the bullet in the head, coz well, I was the Sheriff at the time... It was a cool experience, even more cooler was about the 5 hitmen trying to kill me, when they saw I just catched the bullet, they were scared #less.

Anyway, ofcourse I did not experience pain, but I DID feel the heat of the bullet inside my head.

I never even thought about the fact the bullet would be very warm when it enters your body.

But yeah, they are apperently...

And I've had some more of those dream situation; which I literally have zero knowledge about, then when you look it up it all turns out be accurete...

Weird, cool and.. yeah, just #en awesome ofcourse.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Yeah and he like gutted a camel and squeezed elephant # to get some water. That really ruined my sandwich

I saw that episode, the # was nasty. He went too far!
I think it was all for show. I mean seriously, how many of us are going to be in an area with elephant dung in the first place.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ScrubCommander

And I would conclude that either dreams can show you truth and knowledge you do not know about.

Or they show you what you actually DO know, it is inside of you and dreams provide that pathway to that lingering, untapped and extremely powerful energy of knowledge of truth.

And also... Some dreams I talk to people, and I don't even really understand what they are actually trying to say... But you feel, holy #, this persons intelligence is through the roof... You hear and feel it's something with intelligence never been seen by humans before (well, if we would actually believe there is no contact at all with other 'sophisticated beings'.. yeah right.)

And much like a psychedelic experience, you cannot remember anything that has been said, and even if you did manage to remember, everything that has been said is of such high-intelligence level, we just can't understand it, even though they use words... words like we use words.. It's cool, but I wish to know what they imparted on me... But I'm feeling a bit lucky, and trust that what has been said, will someday make sense or provide some support in whatever situation... He put it in my subconscious... A care package, waiting to be unwrapped.. on a certain, critical day...

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think I saw a reaction video about Bear Grills. Yeah and I thought the same before the narrator even said anything. I mean hm.. okay some dude 20 years ago survived on dead camel water... okay I can get behind that.

But squeezing out fermented grass out of a stomach is a real bad idea because of the stomach acid. Drinking piss is a real bad idea but the Elephant dung pile he squeezed out over his mouth was just... IDK I think he's insane.

I guess he fully knows that if people ever do this as a last resort and survive, no one gives him any flak. But if the person dies... well no one to call foul...

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I had mild COVID a couple of months ago for the week before I could notice smells so faint the wife thought I was crazy. Driving down the highways smelling all kinds of things. Lasted about a week.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Was there a cat in the room that could have farted....or maybe you farted but did not realize it...or someone else in the room. Sometimes if an animal has constipation and eats meat, the fart smells like a rotting animal.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Was there a cat in the room that could have farted....or maybe you farted but did not realize it...or someone else in the room. Sometimes if an animal has constipation and eats meat, the fart smells like a rotting animal.

No we don't have cats.
No this was not that kind of smell either.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yup. I can smell smoke from a cigarette when someone lights up on screen. Both my parents smoked and I can't say the smell is unpleasant. It's comforting. But I definately smell it.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

About a week or so after the planes hit the towers in New York, the moving company iI worked for sent us to a huge commercial move in a building across the way from them. We had to pack and load up a few floors worth of office stations and relocate them to Stanford ct.

The building was Close enough that there was a few inches of light ash and debris on the window ledges outside about 14 floors up..

My buddy actually managed to get one of the windows open and found half an envelope with the address intact on it. He has it framed on his wall now.

But I'm only telling you that to tell you this..

We worked there for two days straight and I have never smelled anything like that before or after ... you could start to smell it on approach, about two blocks away and it got steadily worse as we got closer.

The sickly-sweet-pungent pervading scent of death was all encompassing it took us both weeks to get the smell out of our nostril hairs.. it was nauseating.

But the imagination is a funny thing which brings me to-- a reply to: ScrubCommander

I have died many times in lucid dreams.. and the warmth doesn't come from the gunshot or the stab..

It comes from the warm blood slowly soaking your clothes around the wound ...

Thats the imagination tie in..

Our minds capabilites are... well for lack of a better term.... Mindblowing..

👍

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Smells certainly can be strange at times.

An instant flash back for me is Evening in Paris perfume, and menthol cigarettes. My mother wore Evening in Paris when I was young, and made menthol cigarettes at Philip Morris. When I was young I hunted 3 or 4 times a week. Skinning a Squirrel or rabbit also has a very distinct smell.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

That is not correct.. I have been stabbed many times, never do I feel any heath...

The bullet felt warm right at the place where it resided... So I think that explanation doesn't cut it.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

And also any blood would be the same temperature as your body, so wouldn't be able to detect any heatdifference.

And obviously, it felt much warmer than any other explanation..
edit on 26-3-2022 by ScrubCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
15 years ago after getting a DUI, as part of my other court orders, I had to visit the county morgue. I attended a class there, and then toured the morgue. The stench was overwhelming. The rotting human body, has a very distinct putrid smell. Something you can't forget.

The smell of death was, on me when I left. I went home through my clothes in the wash, because they smelled of death, and showered. To this day I have not so much as had a sip of alcohol and driven.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I apologize I should not have confused my own personal experience with yours..

In the future I will do my best to leave out banter when replying to you and just stick to my main point ,which was, the power of our imaginations and my appreciation of it.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Unrelated, really, but I enjoy true crime podcasts as well. The gorey details never really bother me. But I recently stumbled into a podcast dealing with industrial and work accidents. Made it about five minutes into the first episode and bailed. I just couldn't do it.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

And also any blood would be the same temperature as your body, so wouldn't be able to detect any heatdifference.

You're obviously not a woman.

Blood almost always feels warmer, don't ask me how I know.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Unrelated, really, but I enjoy true crime podcasts as well. The gorey details never really bother me. But I recently stumbled into a podcast dealing with industrial and work accidents. Made it about five minutes into the first episode and bailed. I just couldn't do it.

I'll have to check them out. I rarely watch tv, but I'll often have it in the background for noise.
I literally could just have ID as the only channel and be ok with that.

Industrial accidents are just plain gross, too much crunching going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join