It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Soldier gets $10K from Ukraine in Money-for-Tank Deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wrote another thread about USA fake news relating that claimed that Russia had attacked a Mosque with civilians inside yet a newspaper in Turkey reported that the Iman said that no the mosque hadn't been shelled yet so I went back to see what I could find and came across this piece. Seems that the entire tank crew fled back to Russia and one guy just cant operate a tank as its basically a suicide mission so he cut himself a deal.

This is just a snapshot as whats going on over there and possibly shows the huge strain on the Russian people as it was also reported out that a Russian General lost his cool during a diplomatic meeting with the USA.

So I wonder whether the Tank guy will live:

A Russian soldier surrendered a tank to Ukrainian military forces in exchange for $10,000, an adviser to Ukrainian Interior Minister Denys Monastyrsky said on Tuesday. According to Viktor Andrusiv, a member of the Russian forces – whom he identified as "Misha," short for Mikhail –voluntarily handed over an operational main battle tank to the Ukrainian military. Andrusiv explained that Misha had called the Ukrainian Interior Ministry a few days ago to broach the offer, which was then relayed to the Chief Directorate of Intelligence at the Ministry of Defense. The Russian soldier was then given a rendezvous point where he was detained on arrival by special forces. "It turned out that he was left alone by the tank crew, the rest fled home. He saw no point in fighting. He could not return home because his commander said he would shoot him and write it off as combat losses," Andrusiv wrote in a Facebook post. "Misha said that there was almost nothing left to do, the command of the troops was chaotic and practically absent. The demoralization is enormous," he explained.

Russian soldier gets $10K from Ukraine in money-for-tank deal

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why would he want $10,000 in U.S. currency?

sometink wong 😎

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Biden Bucks!

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok speculation here on my part. We are seeing and hearing about huge amounts of casualties suffered by Russian forces. Maybe the numbers are correct and the dead are from the Russians killing the defectors as they turn from the offensive??

At this point I don't know what is fact or falsehood because of the fog of war the muddy propaganda ridden media. Who is to say this isn't happening. If the numbers being touted lately about casualties is correct this may be part of the reason. Just speculating.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

I have found that reports coming out of Turkey seem to be unbiased. Just a hunch as I obviously have no proof but if Turkey is pro Russia their newspapers aren't doing them any favors. So this tank guy said that he cant go back home as his officer would shoot him. This, combined with stuff like this if true then they are being creamed:

Putin loses his 15TH top commander as Ukraine continues to take out elite troops: Colonel is latest to die as Russia suffers worst loss of military leaders since World War Two

I wonder if tank guy said tanks a lot?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Why would the entire tank crew return to Russia? Wouldn't that pretty much mean certain death for them? It doesn't sound very plausible.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What says they returned to Russia? 10000 could be a great start on Poland.

a reply to: nugget1

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It doesn't sound very plausible.

Really? Anything is possible! Enjoy a good old movie with an excellent theme song!

Kelly's Heroes - Theme Song HD (Burning Bridges)

The True Story of Kelly’s Heroes The Clint Eastwood World War II gold heist classic was based on real events

Writer Troy Kennedy Martin based the screenplay on an incident that he learned about from, of all places, The Guinness Book of World Records. “The Greatest Robbery on Record,” first listed in 1956 (and holding the spot until 2000), “was of the German National Gold Reserves in Bavaria by a combination of U.S. military personnel and German civilians in 1945.” MGM was so excited by the prospect that their head of production, Elliot Morgan, wrote Guinness for more information. Guinness’s understanding was that more details than that weren’t really available, possibly due to pieces of the story being classified. Martin used the entry as a starting point and wrote the screenplay.

edit on 24-3-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So you debunked the mosque story but believe this one. A Russian soldier just happened to have the number of the number to the Ukrainian interior ministry?????? There's so much BS floating about I trust no one now. Especially the MSM who have been caught repeatedly inflating situations, so some Turkish rag is to be believed?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a precedent! haha..like cash for clunkers..this is priceless. I would totally give that tanker a job. So ten grand a tank..that would mean about 50-75 bucks per AK..This is a scrappers paradise..I have been wondering about all the wealth being taken out of the country in advance of the invasion, redistribution to western banks etc by the wealthiest of the people fleeing..You know they had to have comic books, baseball cards, coins..you get the picture..Wonder if people have been swallowing gemstones, or packing diaper bags full of drugs, oddball medical supplies etc..Do we think that the 'worst of the worst' element in Ukraine stayed there to fight?

Why not take the tank and the crewmen with enough Ukrainians to operate the tank and sneak back into formation and start blowing up stuff from inside..something could be hatched."Its an older code sir but it checks out" lol..Take ole Putin to Endor. I wonder how much operational Russian equipment has been seized so far and what type.

edit on 24-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: a quandary

edit on 24-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: g

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You need to read into this deeper as some millionaires are getting into the act offering $100,000s for Russian helicopters. Solly pal but money can buy anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why would he want $10,000 in U.S. currency?

sometink wong 😎

When I spent time in Russia, MANY years ago, you could spend American dollars there. I am not sure if you still can. But it is worth more there than the Ruble, that's for sure.

With that said. I don't believe anything coming out of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Vaccination makes you Stuuuuupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Vaccines?

I read a Russian story today that says if you have a decent regular sex life you will live an extra 12 to 15 years. Then again we have this story:

SQUADS ORDERED TO KILL DESERTING SOLDIERS

In a brutal revival of Stalin’s tactics, Ukrainian security services have reportedly been told by Russian prisoners that troops are followed by execution squads. There have also been reports of Chechen special forces being sent in to stop Russian soldiers fleeing the war, according to the Daily Mail. Since the start of Putin’s invasion, Ukraine has released videos showing Russian captives – with some of the soldiers claiming they chose to quit rather than keep fighting.

edit on 24-3-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He is as good as dead. I understand some Russian soldiers do not agree with the war, but that is straight up treason. Too be clear, I am also against what Russia is doing.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Vaccines?

I read a Russian story today that says if you have a decent regular sex life you will live an extra 12 to 15 years. Then again we have this story:

SQUADS ORDERED TO KILL DESERTING SOLDIERS

In a brutal revival of Stalin’s tactics, Ukrainian security services have reportedly been told by Russian prisoners that troops are followed by execution squads. There have also been reports of Chechen special forces being sent in to stop Russian soldiers fleeing the war, according to the Daily Mail. Since the start of Putin’s invasion, Ukraine has released videos showing Russian captives – with some of the soldiers claiming they chose to quit rather than keep fighting.

That totally contradicts your OP where you said " Seems that the entire tank crew fled back to Russia "

I said it doesn't sound plausible, to which you responded 'anything is possible'. It sure is, even if highly unlikely. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
What says they returned to Russia? 10000 could be a great start on Poland.

Got a link?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That says volumes about the trouble Russia is gaving.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Time will tell

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh rah glen baby

<<   2 >>

join