It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati confirmed..........again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Are you sure they love Satan? They could just think they are in a club for the betterment of humanity or something... How do you know?

Astute observation.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Pan was worshiped by Pagans.

Satan not so much.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

"The Devil does not exist. It is a false name invented by the Black Brothers to imply a Unity in their ignorant muddle of dispersions. A devil who had unity would be a God... "The Devil" is, historically, the God of any people that one personally dislikes... This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade "Know Thyself!" and taught Initiation. He is "The Devil" of The Book of Thoth, and His emblem is baphomet, the Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection... He is therefore Life, and Love. But moreover his letter is ayin, the Eye, so that he is Light; and his Zodiacal image is Capricornus, that leaping goat whose attribute is Liberty."

Aleister Crowley - "Magick: Liber ABA, Book Four, Parts I–IV"

edit on 23/3/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
How do you know?

That would be telling.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is it true Satan was worshipped by pagans? Was the witch trials actually just Jesuit priests murdering pagans?

Satan was worshiped by everyone back then, he has many faces and many names.
edit on rd03001212 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
How the heck did this thread turn into a pagan vs Satanist thread?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

That's just the likely consequence when those who follow those
respective beliefs come together to ridicule with sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Because pagans worshipped the same thing essentially as Satanists?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The catholic church labeled anyone from old Nordic religions or pagans or whatever was not Jesus Christ as witches and burnt them alive

I think it happened in the tens of thousands we just hear about Salem

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No, pagans predominantly worshiped nature(the seasons, winds, sun rise ect)ADUB77.

Satan is a product of the Hebrew Bible first mentioned in Numbers 22:22 in reference to a supernatural being.
edit on 23-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think possibly the arabrahamic religion called the opposers of the LORD Satan

So the pagans are referred to as Satan, Greek meaning opposition or adversary

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So to rephrase, yes the pagans didn't worship Satan, they are Satan to the jews and catholics

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

In the end, or rather the beginning ADUB77, most organised religious practices can trace their origins back to Paganism in one form or another.

Never was about Son worship per-say, but Sun worship.

"The Secret History of Lucifer" by Lynn Picknett is a rather good book pertaining to the anthropomorphized fellow in question if you are looking for something to read.
edit on 23-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well that would have been more like the Cathars and Gnostics imho.

The emperor Constantine came up with what approximated early Christianity in an attempt to unify the people of the empire of the time.

Hence the reason all the holidays we have can trace their roots back to pagan traditions for a start.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You seem to have quite the knowledge on the subject! Thank you I will take a look

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A load of people around these here parts with far more extensive knowledge on the subject than me all the same.

I just read a load of books ADUB77 and happen to have read a few on the subject in this instance.

Taken with a pinch of salt its interesting all the same, the history of religions and the like that is.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I became interested when I learned of my relatives from the Channel islands.

Was reading a hand written document of a Jesuit priest ordering 180+ witch burnings alone

They were called pin prickers and would have you sit in weird positions to make your leg numb so it wouldn't squirt blood thus making you a witch

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77

I think possibly the arabrahamic religion called the opposers of the LORD Satan

So the pagans are referred to as Satan, Greek meaning opposition or adversary

God is what actually is......here and now always..... God is presence, so never in time.......God is the seer and the seen as one complete wholeness......there is nothing other.

But there may seem to be something else.......a separate you.....any thing separate must be opposed to God.

The belief in concepts has made it seem as if there is a you and a world.....but if the veil of thought lifts then what is there?

Look into Advaita.....it means 'not two'.

edit on 24-3-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

No, pagans predominantly worshiped nature(the seasons, winds, sun rise ect)ADUB77.

Not Pan then?

Pan was worshiped by Pagans.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Most pagans worship the old pre-Christian gods Itisnowagain including Pan who was assumed to be the god of the wild.

And they did so through festivals and other ceremonies at very specific times of the year linked to the seasons and solstices.

Simple as that really and nothing to do with Christianity's anthropomorphism of Satan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join