It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Bear Attacks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've noticed over a long time now I've become enthralled with bear videos, especially stories and clips about bear attacks.
Yet strangely it's not a species we find in southern Africa.

Not to turn bears into monsters.
I hear most bear and human encounters are resolved harmlessly, and often humans are actually at fault for attacks.

And apparently different bear species require different reactions when encountered, or should they attack you.

Not sure, I think a grizzly bear you should punch in the face, and a black bear you get the tire iron.

Anyway, do you have any bear facts, scary stories or clips?

Well, looking at the darker side of nature and bear encounters:

Sooo scary, I need my teddy-bear.
WAAAH!
On second thoughts, time to scratch out my teddy-penguin.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Neither to disrespect or make fun of any of the victims.
I mean I can only poke fun at myself and my ignorance towards the topic.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
8 Scary Bear Encounters:

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Getting eaten by a bears is the most gruesome. They will eat you alive and chew on you while you scream in pain, they both crush you with their weight while holding you down and rip parts out of your flesh.

You just can hope that the initial pain is so high you faint and it's over faster.

Punching the nose is easy said, the bear won't wait for your punch, be upright so you might not even reach it. Then the punch comes from below and guess what lingers in the upper jaw there? Teeth you will probably punch into instead of the nose.

Black bears will rather retreat and only attack if you get too close to their cubs. Spot one you stay calm and retreat too. Grizzly will be more inclined to attack. If a bear get's on it's back legs it's not always a sign of aggression. When they do that they are curious and trying to get a smell and better look. That doesn't mean you are safe, it just means there is no initial aggression from the bear.

It might lead to one if the curiosity is bigger than the urge to retreat. When they then approach and you run, you trigger their hunting instinct.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

edit on 3/17/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You should take a tour through Canada. So many bear species here in the wilderness.

We have lots of black bears here, not really dangerous to humans if you aren't completely stupid. Mostly they're hanging around humans to eat garbage.

But out west they've got huge grizzlies. You can drive up into the mountains and it's like a safari, big sheep, bears, lynx, etc you can see from the roads when the traffic is sparse.

And in B.C., they have my favourite bear, the Spirit Bear, I've only seen one once, on a canoe trip on the Skeena River. If you can ever get there, get there. I don't know why it was so magical, but there's a lot of lore behind them, and the setting is so amazing.

Happy bear watching.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Nine real bear attacks on camera:

Mostly an exaggeration, although glad I wasn't there.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"Flip, did you bring the bear spray, like I asked"?
"Of course, do I ever leave the house without Diorr le Homme ... would you like a spritz"?
"We're doomed"!
edit on 17-3-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
You should take a tour through Canada.

Is that near Hogwarts?

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I used to work for the forestry service in BC... We had to attend a "Bear Awareness" training class... What to do if you encounter a bear or cougar.

They told us one story about a woman having to "feed" her hand & arm to the bear to keep it from eating her face... I think it still chewed on her face in the end, but she survived.

Plus, I think you have your reactions backwards... You punch the black bears, but play dead or climb a tree for Grizzly bear... or walk away from then if possible. Remember, a grizzly can run up to 30 km/h.

There is a saying in BC... "I don't have to out run the bear, I just have to out run you!"

This sign is hilarious! I'm sure I seen it posted somewhere in the interior of BC.

I've encountered about dozens of bears. They might stand up to get a good look, but they usually go the other direction.

True story: When I first moved there... I lived in a isolated area in a town w/ about 100 people tops living in it. They didn't have garbage pickup, so we would just drive it to the dump and throw it into a huge pit. Usually the bears will come out of the woods to see what you are throwing out... 5 or 6 at a time...

Anyway... My garbage was filled up, and I had it outside next to my porch... (remember I'm new to the area)... Anyway, my girlfriend yells "There's a bear in the yard"...

I go look, and this HUGE bear has my large garbage bag between his legs like it was a bag of popcorn... He had it open and was just shuffling things about through the opening... Very strange to see... I almost wanted to go out and pet him, he looked so soft & furry! Anyway, I opened the door to get a better look and the bear took off...

Still a neat experience and a good lesson to learn about disposing of my garbage...

Anyway... yeah, pretty sure don't wanna start exchanging punches with a Grizzly bear...

ETA: I guess with cougars, you are suppose to look them dead in the eye and they won't attack... There is some tribe somewhere that wears masks backwards for this very reason... They like to sneak up from behind ya. Usually cougar attacks on adults are low because an adult skull won't fit in their jaws, however kids will get jumped, as will house pets...
edit on 17-3-2022 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yeah, there was some humor and exaggeration intended with the bear punching thing.

I'm not an expert whatsoever, so please, don't go out punching Grizzly bears.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well... it's just near warts.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Regarding bear attacks and different kinds:

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
From India - When Sloth Bears Attack.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This dude actually did punch a bear during an attack, and lived.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This Russian bear attack has a horrifying twist.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Best movie bear attack?

I'd say quite an under the radar film titled Backcountry.

edit on 24-3-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I wonder why all this interest in bears (OK I alluded to the queer meaning), but I feel maybe my totem animal is shifting.
edit on 25-3-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

join