It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to draw your attention to this speech by Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In Russian, it is already available in full - kremlin.ru...

In English, it will appear gradually (as it is translated) - en.kremlin.ru...

Meeting on socioeconomic support for regions

March 16, 2022 18:10

[so far this is my translation from Russian]

I want ordinary citizens of Western states to hear me too: they are now persistently trying to convince you that all your difficulties are the result of some kind of hostile actions of Russia, that you have to pay for the fight against the mythical Russian threat from your own wallet. All this is a lie.

And the truth is that the current problems faced by millions of people in the West are the result of many years of actions by the ruling elites of their states, their mistakes, myopia and ambitions. These elites are not thinking about how to improve the lives of their citizens in Western countries. They are obsessed with their own vested interests and super profits.

Evidence of this is the data of international organizations, which directly say that social problems, even in leading Western countries, have only worsened in recent years, that inequality is growing, the gap between rich and poor, racial and national conflicts are making themselves felt. The myth of the Western welfare society, of the so-called golden billion, is collapsing.

I repeat, today the entire planet has to pay the price precisely for the ambitions of the West, for its attempts by any means to maintain its elusive dominance.

The imposition of sanctions is a logical continuation, a concentrated expression of the irresponsible, short-sighted policy of the governments and central banks of the US and EU countries. It was they who, in recent years, with their own hands dispersed the spiral of global inflation, with their actions led to an increase in global poverty and inequality, to new flows of refugees around the world. And the question arises: who is now responsible for the millions of starvation deaths in the world's poorest countries due to the growing food shortage?

I repeat, a serious blow has been dealt to the entire global economy and trade, to confidence and to the US dollar as the main reserve currency.
the policy of containing and weakening Russia, including through economic isolation and blockade, is a conscious, long-term strategy. The leaders of the West themselves no longer hide the fact that the sanctions are not directed against individuals or companies, their goal is to strike at our entire domestic economy, our social and humanitarian sphere, every family, every citizen of Russia.

In fact, such steps aimed at worsening the lives of millions of people have all the signs of aggression, war by economic, political, and informational means. It has a total, undisguised character, and, I repeat, the so-called Western political beau monde does not even hesitate to speak about it in plain text.

All verbal tinsel about political correctness, inviolability of private property, freedom of speech - all this flew off overnight. Even the Olympic principles were trampled on. They did not hesitate to settle scores with the Paralympic athletes - this is such a “sport outside of politics”.

In many Western countries, people are subjected to real persecution just because they come from Russia: they refuse medical care, expel children from schools, deprive their parents of their jobs, ban Russian music, culture, and literature. Trying to "cancel" Russia, the West tore off all the masks of decency, began to act boorishly, demonstrated its true nature. It just begs a direct analogy with the anti-Semitic pogroms that the Nazis staged in Germany in the 30s of the last century, and then their henchmen from many European countries who joined Hitler's aggression against our country during the Great Patriotic War.

A massive attack has also been launched against Russia in cyberspace. An unprecedented information campaign has been unleashed, which involves global social networks and all Western media, the objectivity and independence of which turned out to be just a myth. Access to information is limited, people are stuffed with a huge number of fakes, propaganda forgeries, in other words, linden. It got to the point that one of the American social networks directly announced the possibility of publications calling for the murder of Russian citizens.

[There are many more interesting analyzes.]

(post by Necro Pyro removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

I would like to draw your attention to my comment to Putin.

" Drop dead despot "

+43 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

He said what a lot of us are thinking.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The Russians are aware of the so called elitists "WEF" and others

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow, they really know what is going on here in America. I'm impressed, I thought they were uninformed about what is happening here in America.

Doesn't mean I approve of them killing people in Ukraine though, just that I am impressed that they have figured out what most in the west can't comprehend is happening to our societies.

Oh well, there is nothing the working class can do about it, most of the wealth is held by the top ten percent in the west, we cannot do anything about it even though many of us know we are living off of crumbs. Politicians will not fix this problem...they gain their political support from these elites, most of them have strong ties to these ten percent.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This part was interesting. Actually how it went happened. Canceling of things, stuff dates back to Germany.

In many Western countries, people are subjected to real persecution just because they come from Russia: they refuse medical care, expel children from schools, deprive their parents of their jobs, ban Russian music, culture, and literature. Trying to "cancel" Russia, the West tore off all the masks of decency, began to act boorishly, demonstrated its true nature. It just begs a direct analogy with the anti-Semitic pogroms that the Nazis staged in Germany in the 30s of the last century, and then their henchmen from many European countries who joined Hitler's aggression against our country during the Great Patriotic War.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So, he wants to deflect attention.

Shocking.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Doesn't mean I approve of them killing people in Ukraine though

Were you ok with Ukrainian committing acts towards Donbass?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+12 more 
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

No he is right though you have Soros, Rothchilds "I stand With Ukraine" i have a problem when i see elitists like this standing with something.

Knowing Soros, Rothchilds are the biggest war hawks.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

" Drop dead despot "

I am a supporter of freedom and liberty....how are those quotes from Putin are wrong?

You came out virtue signaling Putin Bad, but did not show where he was wrong. Just name calling because "Putin Bad". It seems when one can't counter the things they don't like, one says what they are expected to say.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Putin has really lost touch with how modern western society works. His strategic ability is quickly dwindling as his complete failure to anticipate the response of other nations and global corporations in the current era of virtue signaling was shown in full effect after his botched invasion of Ukraine, both militarily and socially politically speaking.

A complete disaster for Russia in every possible facet. He may be able to fool the likes of yourself for a while longer, but the sweetness of his carefully selected words and rhetoric will gradually diminish when the Russian people are faced with the bitter reality of isolation in the global economy we live in today.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Putin is taking the piss here.

And the truth is that the current problems faced by millions of people in the West are the result of many years of actions by the ruling elites of their states, their mistakes, myopia and ambitions. These elites are not thinking about how to improve the lives of their citizens in Western countries. They are obsessed with their own vested interests and super profits

Yes Mr Putin, have you forgotten you are a " Ruling Elite " yourself ?

(post by turretless removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That speech is the pot calling the kettle black, Putin is crooked as the day is long. He's just looking for more subjects to bleed dry and take their money, run criminal enterprises, and turn out some more billions.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

All comments matter?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: captaintyinknots

No he is right though you have Soros, Rothchilds "I stand With Ukraine" i have a problem when i see elitists like this standing with something.

Knowing Soros, Rothchilds are the biggest war hawks.

No, he is deflecting attention from this atrocity that is his own making.

He is talking about elites? What exactly is *HE*?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I repeat, today the entire planet has to pay the price precisely for the ambitions of the West, for its attempts by any means to maintain its elusive dominance.

Chirp, chirp, chirp. Just do it, then. Make us pay. Prove it's not a charade. The gum flapping has to stop. Swing, or go back to your hole...Prancing and threatening on the edge of everyones' frayed mental health - in hopes of whatever it is... Like for real. We're all tired. $hit or get off the pot.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The myth of the Western welfare society, of the so-called golden billion, is collapsing.

I stumbled over this term when I read about the speech earlier. While it is partly self explaining it is not an expression most of us are familiar with.

The golden billion (Russian: золотой миллиард, tr. zolotoy milliard) is a term, in the Russian-speaking world, referring to the relatively wealthy people in industrially developed nations, or the West

the golden billion consumes the lion's share of all resources on the planet. If at least half of the global population begins to consume resources to the same extent, these resources wouldn't be sufficient.

Yes, I'm quoting Wikipedia - get over it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join