It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 - Crypto’s Swan Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
rollcall.com...

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are worried about the potential of cryptocurrency to serve as an escape hatch for sanctioned Russian money, with some saying the risk hastens the need for legislation.

WW3 - which is playing now - affords so many opportunities to those who are the players on the grand chessboard.

One of those opportunities is crypto going the way of the Dodo.

I work in capital markets at a high level. I’ve long felt crypto is interesting but it will 100% get regulated (tax dollars!) and when it does it will just be another currency - no more wild investment opportunities or stay incognito via digital currency.

Block chain probably sticks around.

That said, we now have the opportunity to crack down on crypto because Russians! It’s amazing how easy this is to see coming yet so many are so blinded by the crypto craze as “the next big thing” the entirely ignored the realities of the regulatory environment - because they don’t know anything about the regulatory environment around money.

I have to say, lawmakers are really good at exploiting or creating problems to forward more lawmaking. I suspect crypto is the next “casualty of war” and like I said in another post… WW3 is just as much about megabytes as it is megatons of payload.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I posted this in another thread. If you didn't see this coming you must have had your head shoved 12' into the sand:

Bitcoin tops $42000 as Biden unveils 'benign' crypto oversight.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I posted this in another thread. If you didn't see this coming you must have had your head shoved 12' into the sand:

Bitcoin tops $42000 as Biden unveils 'benign' crypto oversight.

There are so many individual investors taking the ostrich approach right now it’s almost funny.

What blows me away is people can’t track the line of thought that says “anything that gets big will be regulated in some way”. Large and unregulated = uncontrolled = no tax revenue = exposed flank/no power. So, it must be regulated

Why anyone thinks crypto wouldn’t be the same is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks
Why anyone thinks crypto wouldn’t be the same is beyond me.

Because it gonna save us from the NWO and the Globalists!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You should have read the article you posted completely.

“For years, the crypto market has been hindered by a lack of regulatory clarity in the U.S.,” said Hayden Hughes, chief executive officer of trading social-media platform Alpha Impact, in a message Wednesday. “If clear guidelines are passed, this could be a watershed moment for the industry.”

And I agree with the quoted text.
edit on 9.3.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: ..with the quoted text

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I pay taxes on crypto trading so not sure what you talk about? It get's more clear you have no idea about Crypto currency and how it works legally currently. It's also not anonymous.

Large and unregulated = uncontrolled = no tax revenue = exposed flank/no power. So, it must be regulated

There IS tax revenue for the state, so your chain of logic is utterly broken.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

now how am I going to buy my drugs on the internet

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekner
now how am I going to buy my drugs on the internet

Buy the drug lord, they deliver!

edit on 9-3-2022 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Right on schedule:

www.cnbc.com...

The measures focus on six key areas: consumer protection, financial stability, illicit activity, U.S. competitiveness, financial inclusion and responsible innovation.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Sorry, I don t see the problem with globalism.
Ps don t shoot me.

www.evawaseerst.be...

new topics

top topics

join