It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet Lands At Dulles Airport to Pick Up Their Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Flying the Friendly (ru)Skies

A mysterious Russian plane that captivated Twitter watchers as it flew across the Atlantic ocean this morning has arrived in the United States to pick up 13 expelled Russian diplomats, according to flight tracking information and the State Department.
The plane, an Ilyushin Il-96, left Moscow en route to St. Petersburg on Friday night and arrived at Dulles airport outside Washington at 2:10 p.m. eastern time on Saturday. It is unclear what time it will depart back to Russia

The US has actually closed American airspace to all Russian flights with this singular exception.

These Russian UN diplomats have been designated persona non grata and are being expelled under suspicion of espionage.

So...we send em home first class on the Putin Express?

Is it a diplomatic mission?

Fixers?

Spooks?

Russian mail order brides?

We may never know for sure.

edit on 3 5 2022 by dashen because: 🐻🇷🇺🕊🇺🇸🦅

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Probably considered diplomatic.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Probably considered diplomatic.

You don't say?
Diplomats are considered diplomatic by boomer.
Who'd have guessed?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

And if it all goes pear-shaped, not allowing Russian citizens to return to their homeland, especially if they enjoy diplomatic immunity, would be interpeted as kidnapping, and possibly an act of war (There's that phrase again!)).

Last thing we want is hostages, right?

(post by jedi_hamster removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Picking up the paintings they bought from Hunter.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I don't know what the mystery is. I took a look at several articles from sources of various political leanings. They are being called spies or intelligence operatives in every article that I looked at.
edit on 5 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

(post by glen200376 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   

it happens all the time, we trade them for our spy or spys that have gotten captured and I'm sure with what's going on a few may have been captured(us spys that is)

this has been going on before the cold war

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon

it happens all the time, we trade them for our spy or spys that have gotten captured and I'm sure with what's going on a few may have been captured(us spys that is)

this has been going on before the cold war

Yep!

* - CBS News: The Biden administration allowed a Russian plane to land to bring back Russian diplomats to the United Nations who had been expelled on spying charges (23 Russian diplomats at the UN were expelled for espionage).
Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Indeed, and China needs to pick up their spies (like in Houston) as well!
SnF

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lol and there it is.

the spy game to an extent is still a gentleman's game.

most spy's will be treated well and not tortured, maybe interrogation for hours and hours.

it is because they want their people to treated equally, that being said if a spy gets found on a military base or doing something naughty they will more than likely get shot.

and like the news paper thing you quoted they are usually brought in as 'embassy workers' that way they have real legit diplomatic immunity and that wont stop you from being detained but it might save your from a bullet or worse.

i was at a us embassy in a not so nice and friendly place and the people walking the halls looked 1 of 2 ways usually, 1 normal everyday office workers and very nice and sometimes chatty about non embassy stuff, and 2. guys dressed up like workers but CLEARLY CIA/contractor special forces aka spy's and I'm not talking about security guards these guys were playing at being a worker there and never seemed to be around for meals or what not.

i met a few CIA guys when i was overseas and they were super cool and very very smart guys and deadly as can be, they told me they usually come right out of the military and right into theses types of 'civilian' jobs.

ETA: I'm glad some of out people are back home and safe, i hope they spend some good time with their families and pick a new job but i know they wont.

edit on 6-3-2022 by noscopebacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
BREAKING this just in 2 bananas in pajamas seen leaving Dulles airport on the ass end of powdered toast man

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't think it picked anybody.
Its still parked out on the tarmac.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender that is probably cause for concern

new topics

top topics

join