It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Offering to Fly Your Name Around the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
NASA is offering to fly your name around the moon because sure, why not?

All you have to do is submit your name here: www.nasa.gov...
Your name will then be included on a flash drive that will be aboard the unmanned Artemis I.

Why would you want to do this? I have no idea. I personally see no point in it, but I'm sure people will oblige.

Artemis I will be the first uncrewed flight test of the Space Launch System rocket and the Orion spacecraft. The flight paves the way toward landing the first woman and the first person of color on the Moon!

www.nasa.gov...

NASA is offering people the chance to have their name flown around the moon in a flash drive during Artemis I, an uncrewed test flight that's the first part of the space agency's plans to land the first woman and first person of color on the moon.

The sign-up process is pretty simple: just head over to NASA's website, pop your details down, and you're good to go. When Artemis I's Orion spacecraft blasts off on its four-to-six-week mission beyond the moon, your details will be in there as part of history...

Artemis I will see Orion blast off from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida before travelling 280,000 miles from Earth, staying in space "longer than any ship for astronauts has done without docking to a space station." The mission is a test of NASA's deep space exploration abilities, demonstrating, as the space agency puts it, "our commitment and capability to extend human existence to the moon and beyond."

www.msn.com...

edit on 3/3/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm already on Mars so why not !

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They are trying to get average people aware of space exploration again.

In other words, cheep publicity.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why would anyone even think that this is something worth doing. Sounds like they want names so they can target these people for future donations to fund their need for money to pay for what they WANT to do. Much of what NASA does is not necessary for anything to do with Humanity.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I'm already on Mars so why not !

me too.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

My real name is Dusty Crater.

Stick that in your pipe NASA!

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A flash drive with names stored in it? Meh.

A giant banner where my name is “Let’s Go Brandon”? Now we’re talking!

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I wonder how many fake names they'll end up getting.

You should try Dusty Crater. They'll probably tell you...

"Your name is already on the list. Sorry, but you cannot submit it twice."

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I bet they let that Marie Crisium win.

She's such a drama queen.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
HOW MUCH?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

FREE!!

Just give them your name and a pin # , then it will generate your boarding pass.
www.nasa.gov...

& it may cost you your soul, but you don't need to worry about that right now. That will be dealt with later on down the road..

edit on 3/3/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like this is just putting your name in some kind of capsule and flying that around the moon?

I thought it would be like one of those banner adverts they tail around with propeller planes (maybe just with spacecraft and projectors) and on full moon, half the world can see your full name across the moon.

Since my first name is pretty common for Western males, it would have to be all the names, which should be interesting, because I've known Afrikaans friends who literally have three or four "second names": for example: "Pieter Johannes Herman Adolphus Koeglenberg".

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Not a capsule. Just a flash drive.

It has 1 space for first name + 1 space for last name, and then also your custom pin #.

It says the pin# is needed to access your boarding pass later on, but it will also distinguish between different people with the same name.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah, make the moon an SMS billboard:

"I Love U Sindy"!

Ooh, how sweet.
Next full moon:

"I hate you cheating bastard - Cindy".

The world: oh no, trouble in paradise.
Tell us more, tell us more ...

edit on 3-3-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It would be nice if they'd let you send the name of a deceased relative and a brief description of their life and personality.

Kind of an Orbit-uary.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I signed up my young son’s name for the Parker Solar Probe, so it’s on the way to heart of the sun. I thought it’d be on some metal plaque somewhere but noooo, it’s just 1s and 0s on course to be incinerated. He wasn’t that fussed about it in the end. I don’t blame him for the lack of interest, pretty pointless.
edit on 3/3/2022 by firesnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Rusty Shackleford.

Are you attempting to know me?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, I was looking to see if they had a list of all the names that had signed up so far, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe they will have a public list later on, maybe around launch time, but I assumed if they were going to have one at all, it would already be available. If not, then what's the point of adding your name, if no one at all can see it? lol

I don't know. I suppose it is working for free publicity. I knew nothing about this flight before today, and then I posted this here, so yeah, it's spreading the word....

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

You do realize Rusty didn't die in 3rd grade don't you? He just moved to a different town, and he's tired of you using his name!

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The tinfoil just crinkled a bit and I'm beginning to think this is a sinister attempt to acclimatise people to something terrible.

First it's just your name on a flash drive.

Before you know it they've uploaded your entire consciousness to a weird matrix style future drone prison ship to spend eternity floating around Uranus.

That might be hell in space!

.....actually, do you think they screen the applicants to make sure they're using their own names?

I've just had an idea.....

edit on 332022 by Tulpa because: Spilling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join