It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trucker Convoy flops - who's to blame?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

One of the reasons the US truckers chose "People's" convoy was because of some of the things you listed. You're right, it wasn't organized that well. The most surprising thing is that it turned into a mass protest, where the protestors outnumbered the truckers 100:1. I think that why the US went with "People's".

Thanks for your very insightful comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Byrd

Honest answer?

Maybe they are afraid that the government would arrest them for "insurrection" and jail them indefinitelly.

You may be right that they don't know how legal protests are set up. Sadly, the group mentioned in the article DID know how to set up a legal protest.

Sadly?

Thank you for confirming our suspicions.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There are videos of trucks and cars heading there from all over the USA.

The numbers seem off from what I have seen.

t.me...

t.me...

Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Honest answer?

Maybe they are afraid that the government would arrest them for "insurrection" and jail them indefinitelly.

You may be right that they don't know how legal protests are set up. Sadly, the group mentioned in the article DID know how to set up a legal protest.

Please.

After months of BLM and Antifa riots, people are now very aware of the biased justice system.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Honest answer?

The chilling effect here in Canada has worked very good. People are scared to donate or affiliate with legitimate charities now ffs.

I'm sure that's on some peoples minds in the US, especially after Jan. 6th. They still have protestors locked up from that I think.

People are frightened.

On the local level, not on media or social media, but the local level, people are afraid of what the government may do if you are critical.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Honest answer?

The chilling effect here in Canada has worked very good. People are scared to donate or affiliate with legitimate charities now ffs.

I'm sure that's on some peoples minds in the US, especially after Jan. 6th. They still have protestors locked up from that I think.

People are frightened.

On the local level, not on media or social media, but the local level, people are afraid of what the government may do if you are critical.

Yessir.

Sad state of affairs in a supposedly free society.

When I got home from Ottawa I registered a Non-Profit Corporation and will be using that as my platform, as it offers more protections from the authorities (I can give myself a "press pass", etc), but I'll still mouth off online in my personal capacity.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The truckers probably didn't have much interest in being nuked.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I stopped following it right after they announced it. I posted my opinion, and ignored it. Had zero interest in ever seeing what it was doing.
I never thought it was smart.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the steep decline in Anti-Trudeau, anti-mask, anti-vaccination, pro-truckers posts since Russia pulled the plug on Facebook and Twitter?

I believe that is the answer to the question posed in the title; at least partially. Russia's propaganda arm has been severed.

edit on 1-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Honest answer?

People are frightened.

That means the good guys lost.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Anyone else notice the steep decline in Anti-Trudeau, anti-mask, anti-vaccination, pro-truckers posts since Russia pulled the plug on Facebook and Twitter?

I believe that is the answer to the question posed in the title; at least partially. Russia's propaganda arm has been severed.

Quite an interesting observation.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

There are videos of trucks and cars heading there from all over the USA.

The numbers seem off from what I have seen.

t.me...

t.me...

Time will tell.

Yeah... and that illustrates another problem: I can't tell how many there are - if we're just seeing a hundred or so participating vehicles or what. One video showed a view from what seemed to be a lead car, but that gives no idea how many are actually participating. And when folks are driving -- can't tell who's in the convoy and who just happened to be on the same road.

No clue. I admit I'm curious, though.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Perhaps because the soo call covid pandemic is no longer? soo what to protest for, most of the oppression has been lifted in states that were doing the most demands from the people.

The rest of the nation has gone back to normal; I do not remember the last time I was asked to put a mask.

I guess is a waste of gas, money and effort when nothing is to protest for.

This is my honest opinion.

Right. Government oppression was never as bad here in the USA as it was/is in Canada.

That's why I posted in several threads how the Truckers should pivot their focus to what most Americans are angry about. Inflation (gas now $4.19 in Chicago) being #1. Followed by Illegal Aliens, Crime, and not least of which, the idiot with dementia (Joe Biden) taking our country to ruin.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I’m not on Twitter but it should be possible to determine if the people posting all of that antiness got their plug pulled.

If you’re on Twitter please can you check for non-members like me?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

In the US the emergency act is just to push for jabs on now mostly children, because the mandates on business were stricken down by the SC.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

LMFAO.

Russia has nothing to do with Trudeau being a narcissistic, pathetic worm of a leader.

Some people just believe whatever MSM says, and it say's Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.

The "Russian" narrative has already fell apart in the States, let's just drop that BS, k?

Just like Biden, Trudeau is a hopelessly corrupt and incompetent leader. That's why we don't like him.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That's why I posted in several threads how the Truckers should pivot their focus to what most Americans are angry about. Inflation (gas now $4.19 in Chicago) being #1. Followed by Illegal Aliens, Crime, and not least of which, the idiot with dementia (Joe Biden) taking our country to ruin.

It sounds like they'll run into the same problem that Occupy Wall Street did -- many groups participating and each has their own points they want served, with the result that there's dozens of demands -- and nobody has a clear and do-able statement.

If the sole focus was something like (and I'm making up a non-controversial point here) "NO MORE AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO" (which is completely do-able) then it'd be easy. But (as with OWS) I now see a big laundry list of points with different priorities for different groups. That kind of thing didn't work with OWS.

They need a single focus and not 50 different items.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why did the Truck convoy fail? Bottom line, attention spans and lack of real concern.

Perspective is also a factor. Seems kinda petty to worry about masks when Putin is blowing up civilians for really no good reason.

And finally, Covid restrictions are being loosened.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Honest answer?

People are frightened.

That means the good guys lost.

yeah.

Pretty much.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
Just can't wait to smear Truckers eh?

Or is it anyone not 100% democrat propaganda compliant that you are angry with?

Truckers are only half way there.

Big country.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Nice try with that prebuttal though, just didn't work very well for you.

Over 3000 trucks in the convoy right now, with another 7000 expected to join in the next day.

Why do you hate peaceful protesters?

This website does not need another zealot. Look at all sides of the story or don’t look at all. No one is smearing anyone 🤡

It’s crazy, I also knew that the convoy was still alive and well, yet I didn’t need to interject my ego into the dialogue because that’s completely unnecessary.

Why do you hate the prospect of objective thinking so much, Captain America?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join