It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trucker Convoy flops - who's to blame?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Capitol has been on alert for a number of weeks to deal with the promised DC-bound trucker convoy protest called the "Freedom Convoy". It was set for today (Biden's State of the Union address date.)

A few days ago, the founder changed the permit from "about 3000 people showing up" to "about 500" (and let me add with respect that the founder DID take all the trouble to acquire the correct permits) but the actual number of people appears to be under 100

Road closures near the Capitol are in effect but that's kinda expected.

The National Monument livestream camera shows a very peaceful day.

The White House webcam shows a few people nearby but nothing like a protest

So... honest question:
Why did the protest (supported by many here) fizzle so spectacularly? I know there were supposed to be a number of protests

Failure to get the word out?

Fake interest (as in "many of the people saying they were going were actually bots)?

Lack of interest because no prominent people were scheduled to speak/support?

Jan 6 results have made people wary?

(no, not trolling. Just curious to see what y'all think. I have no opinion here about why it didn't come together but since I'm not accessing the same information sources as most of you, I want to know what your take on this is. NB: I do respect the founder for going through the labor of setting up the protest properly and legally and getting all the permits. Major props there, folks, even if I disagree with him.)

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The 40-mile-long truck convoy in Ukraine is getting all the truck-related press.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

DC is a ghost town and from my standpoint they should have went to state capitols along the way to get the word out. Also, I think with how the US intelligence offices have been so keen at infiltrating and causing problems that a lot of people don't want to risk it.

On a side note I also thought that maybe this whole convoy would turn off at the last minute and change plans to keep people on their toes and that is also what could be happening as well. Was DC the real end point or just a decoy?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Perhaps because the soo call covid pandemic is no longer? soo what to protest for, most of the oppression has been lifted in states that were doing the most demands from the people.

The rest of the nation has gone back to normal; I do not remember the last time I was asked to put a mask.

I guess is a waste of gas, money and effort when nothing is to protest for.

This is my honest opinion.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yep, the Ukraine invasion was very strategically started to keep the attention span of the children in the US from thinking anymore about covid and freedoms.

Is a lot going on behind the scenes that meets the eye.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I wonder if they were scared of having their bank accounts nuked like a lot of people did up here in Canada.
When you mess with someone’s ability to access the money their worked for, it can really demoralize people.

Also, no idea if that would fly with the governments abilities in the USA

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The Art of Deflection , the Criminal LEFT Know that Play Book Well .........

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Many restrictions have been lifted recently haven't they?
Isn't that what the protests were supposed to be about?

Honestly, I haven't been paying too close attention lately. I could be wrong on both of those things, but I think they're true.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Best things truckers could actually do is take a week off in mass and see who becomes vocal when grocery stores run out and phone calls are made to those politicians who operate soley to tighten the noose on humanity while lining their own pockets.

Americans have had it easy comfy for a couple generations now and they are not mentally prepared to take care of themselves. They've been entrained to see govt as God. They've been institutionalized not to think past the narrative. Getting uncomfortable can bring about great change.

It's frustrating for those that have taken the time to break away from the hive and develop their inner senses and discernment, to watch the gray masses fall into destitution.
edit on 1-3-2022 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They may think they are been smart but they are still idiots politician and we know the game, very well indeed, or most of us knows.

Is very predictable these days.

Also while permits are needed and encouraged, the protest can progress without them, is in our constitution.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The 40-mile-long truck convoy in Ukraine is getting all the truck-related press.

But that's today. The announcement was made many many weeks ago. Today's news shouldn't have affected it.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Perhaps because the soo call covid pandemic is no longer? soo what to protest for, most of the oppression has been lifted in states that were doing the most demands from the people.

The rest of the nation has gone back to normal; I do not remember the last time I was asked to put a mask.

I guess is a waste of gas, money and effort when nothing is to protest for.

This is my honest opinion.

I sort of wondered the same thing but thought it might look a bit TOO much like trolling if I came out with that comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Maybe they saw what the leader of a supposedly free country (Canada) did to the truckers there.
They were beaten and had their bank accounts frozen.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Many restrictions have been lifted recently haven't they?
Isn't that what the protests were supposed to be about?

Honestly, I haven't been paying too close attention lately. I could be wrong on both of those things, but I think they're true.

Yes, as case numbers have come down, restrictions have lifted (as they should.) Again, this was something I wondered about.

I wonder if there's any blogs or news items that support this idea?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
In Boston the other day, some guy at McDonald's wouldn't get served without a mask. Good for him. But I needed a quick lunch

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Actually, I got the feeling, just the feeling that in tonight address of the union biden will announce that the pandemic is over and is life back to normal as an official way to announce it.

Lets see if that is truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Maybe they saw what the leader of a supposedly free country (Canada) did to the truckers there.
They were beaten and had their bank accounts frozen.

Fair enough.

I didn't think US truckers were the type to be intimidated, though, if they believed strongly.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

I have never been in that kind of situation, since covid started, never seen it, but then again, I live in a state that fought back mandates and did not allowed discrimination.

Only those that chose to wear mask do so.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: IAMTAT

But that's today. The announcement was made many many weeks ago. Today's news shouldn't have affected it.

...and interest was slowly growing over past weeks...UNTIL 24/7 news about Russian vehicles in Ukraine took all the air out of their tires.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just can't wait to smear Truckers eh?

Or is it anyone not 100% democrat propaganda compliant that you are angry with?

Truckers are only half way there.

Big country.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Nice try with that prebuttal though, just didn't work very well for you.

Over 3000 trucks in the convoy right now, with another 7000 expected to join in the next day.

Why do you hate peaceful protesters?

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join