It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trudeau backing down?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Watch Live: Trudeau Discusses Ending Emergency Powers

Two days after Canadian lawmakers voted to extend emergency powers allowing police to quell potential unrest, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is now set to revoke them now that the Ottawa protest is over, according to the Canadian Press, citing two senior government sources.

I wonder what happened behind the scenes. Did the provincial premiers take him aside and warn him that he was facing an "Et tu, Brute?" moment?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It could be the mounting law sues and complain that probably be piling in their courts, plus lets face it, Trudeau is done with his political career.

Or who knows maybe the globalist in charge of Canada already got what they wanted and now they are calling the shots.

Sooner or later we may find out, but the Canadian people should never give up, Canada has gone throughout a big change and things will never be the same.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It will be great if he drops them.

If he does then I’m sure that he has something else up his sleeve to further epically screw this country.

All the Young Global Leader moles need to expunged from the Canadian government immediately.

They are seditious scum and a blight on this great country.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
'Immediate emergency situation is over': PM Trudeau revokes Emergencies Act

But he'll turn it on and off at the drop of a hat because the spineless ministers refused to prevent it from being used in the first place.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This whiney little bitch should be no-confidenced out of office along with his cabinet of WEF hacks.

The bilingual bullsh!tter is an embarassment to anyone who speaks english or french.

No doubt his Premiership will go down in history as such a momumental, colossal disaster that historians have to use a magnifying glass to find anything redeemable. Kind of like with Tzar Nicholas II.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

People on twatter are saying he didn't have the support of the senate.

Of course, we have no idea if that's true, but its a possibility.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My son told me a few minutes ago that he removed it.

It's on CTV. Gonna go find a link...

www.ctvnews.ca...
edit on 23-2-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

Will people now be able to sue him for the damage and illegal grab of money and all?
edit on 23-2-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Maybe this?

WINDSOR—ICE agents are overwhelmed as thousands of desperate refugees from Canada have flooded the U.S. northern border to claim asylum. The crowd, now numbering in the tens of thousands, is attempting to escape fierce political oppression by Fidel Castro's tyrant son in Ottawa.

babylonbee.com... es-trying-to-escape-canada

Not the most credible of news sites, so who knows? I did find their final comment rather funny.
"UPDATE: U.S. officials informed the Canadian refugees that the border was closed and that they would have to sail down to the southern border and cross there like everyone else. "

edit on 300000044America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: ETA

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

I hadn't seen you already posted a link for the news. Congrats!

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe my mind is too conspiratorial but there are still at least three camps of protesters outside Ottawa that have been set up on private land. My concern is that they may make a move and be all Trudeau needs to reinstate the Emergency Measures Act then use this 'second wave' of protests to beat the opposition into complete submission over its use. It could also give him a justification to keep the measures in place longer the second time. (they may well be agent provocateurs for all we know)

Hopefully I am way off base but little really surprises me any more.

Remaining Protest Camps

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: discordantone

They're on private land, he can't do squat.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Was that too sore? they took it down! a reply to: nugget1

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
no you just posted it wrong
a reply to: nugget1

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thought experiment.

What would happen if each and every protestor had a firearm , and opened up on the cops and then stormed Justin's house?

Would it be a good or bad thing?

Would things change for the better in Canada?

Asking for a friend.

This post does not endorse violence.

It is as we used to say, a thought exercise. Those are never used in real life after all.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Or, the emergency that the act was invoked to deal with is over. As I read the act, it is temporary anyway and a final manner in which to deal with serious problems such as the downtown blockade presented. It was used and now is no longer needed.
Until next time.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Re: twitter.com...

Now that everyone is aware of how sinister and cold-hearted Trudeau can be on a moment's notice, the smart money is on electing a replacement ASAP. Ongoing peace-of-mind cannot be had while Trudeau is in charge.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

So long as they remain on private land and aren't bothering people, there isn't much they could do. But, as stated, my concern is if they make a move to reconstitute the protests in town.

a reply to: chris_stibrany

I think we all love thought experiments around here...

It would be a bad thing. Why? It would turn a large majority of the population against them because that's just not how things are done here. Unless there was prolonged, excessive police brutality hitting the newsfeeds, I can't see most people being for violence, particularly gun violence. Even then, with the attitudes towards firearms here, the bar would be incredibly high to condone their use. (i.e. peaceful protesters being shot by police, assuming it's being televised for all to see, of course). If the protesters fired the first shots, there would be virtually no support for them.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In a nutshell are you then saying the majority support actively the current government and like the ways that things are going?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Give your power to God and not man. Which perishes, and turns to dust.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I don't know how to embed that, they've got it on This Hour has 22 Minutes, a short skit, less than 2 minutes.

Justin Trudeau has invoked the Emergencies Act for the first time ever. And now, you can too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join