It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this how government corruption works?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Here in Victoria Daniel Andrews and his cronies are signing billion dollar projects virtually each day of the week.

Either he is getting great kickbacks him and his cronies, or he is out to financially destroy Victoria.

This is what I think is going on:

I guarantee on all these big spending projects, out pollies are getting kickbacks, no matter who wins the contract, the contractor probably employs family members of pollies on the books give them million dollar salaries. Too make it look legit, though it’s just a bribe under another name.

Andrews should be charged with treason!

edit on 22-2-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Not corruption, just capitalism as usual.

Never forget the big promise, we can all get rich with capitalism, just to work harder, and close the other eye for profit

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I see it, though I am really getting concerned over what Victoria has become under Andrews reign!

I keep saying he is Preparing a fire sale for Victoria and wants to sell us to the Chinese.

I really wish he hadn’t have recovered from his stair fall. And had a DNR.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: Terpene

I see it, though I am really getting concerned over what Victoria has become under Andrews reign!

I keep saying he is Preparing a fire sale for Victoria and wants to sell us to the Chinese.

I really wish he hadn’t have recovered from his stair fall. And had a DNR.

Wait till the Chinese come and have a military base there.
Then your worries are real.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well they have bought up alot of cattle ranches in the millions of acres here, and most of our prime produce is shipped overseas, we get the crap meat, unless you are willing to pay top dollar.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Well they have bought up alot of cattle ranches in the millions of acres here, and most of our prime produce is shipped overseas, we get the crap meat, unless you are willing to pay top dollar.

put a snare trap on their lands thens

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Here in Victoria Daniel Andrews and his cronies are signing billion dollar projects virtually each day of the week.

Yes.

Big numbers confuse most people. One only needs to put those kinds of numbers into perspective.

If you had a billion dollars and wanted to disperse that in million dollar chunks ... you'd have to dole out a thousand chunks (understanding that even a thousand is a number almost too large for the human mind to comprehend).

Ever look up at the stars in a clear night sky? Most people see millions of 'em. But, the truth is, at best, you're only looking at 2-3 thousand.

So ... yes ... that's how they do it. They pre-spend your tax dollars on crazy-assed projects submerging your country in a puddle of debt which can't be imagined ... while a few of the top-level feeders live their lives in luxury from the kick-backs ... think Hunter Biden and Chelsea Clinton.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

We need killer drop bears!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Hey
The frkn chinese are and have bought up lot of water rights in Hokkaido Japan. True

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If people realised a billion is a Thousand million dollars that’s a truckload if Money.

I referred to the MCG rebuild when the great southern stand was built 30 years ago.

The cost was 150 million in 1992. How the funk can a rebuild now cost over a billion dollars 30 years later, it’s not like the cost of materials and labour has gone up 800 percent.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It’s nog like wages have gone up 500 percent.

These are the things that need to bd questioned where is this money being syphoned off too!

These are the things idiots need to understand.

People can’t comprehen these huge numbers.

I reckon covid is to blame due to people being seperated working from home you dont chat politics in the tea room, meetings are in zoom and not the sameas in person.

And people are out of the loop, and don’t realise we are being screwed.
edit on 22-2-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Same crap here in Australia it’s disgusting:

www.google.com.au...

www.google.com.au... ay-Darling.htmlen

We need laws like Dubai unless you are a citizen you can’t buy property.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

If people realized a billion is a thousand million dollars that’s a truckload if money.

it’s not like the cost of materials and labour has gone up 800 percent.
It’s not like wages have gone up 500 percent.

And people are out of the loop, and don’t realize we are being screwed.

You are on it it like white on rice ... like a duck on a JuneBug.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Sometimes I feel I come across as an incoherent idiot, though I am really passionate as this information needs to be more widely questioned.

Those we elected need to justify their job.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Those we elected need to justify their job.

Another subject entirely.

The job of the government should have incredible limits. An ideal government would have one mandate ... and one mandate alone: Protect the rights of the governed.

Anything more ... and government will spiral out of control. People only need to look back at history.

Cheers, Mate!!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   

No worries, mate.

The philosophy politicians should respect and remember is:

Government by the people for the people!

People forget we own them.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, it is better to be miserable with it then without.

new topics

top topics

join