It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $100 Billion Dollar Ingredient making your Food Toxic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Revealing THE vegetable oil / unsaturated fat / American Heart Association deception

just came across this wonderful video talking about the fraud at the heart of obesity / overweight crisis around the world. Now, it isn't the only factor, but it is one of the pillars, even greater than sugar perhaps. I've largely eliminated sugar and have still gained weight over the last few years...but since I've cut vegetable oils (Omega-6)...and supplemented ENOUGH Omega-3...

Soybean Oil worse then fructose (aka sugar)

Top video above will reveal this aspect:

I'll add - the 1.7 million dollars Proctor & Gamble gave to the American Heart Association in 1948 is equivalent to around $20 million today, inflation adjusted. P&G is a $75 billion dollar revenue/sales corporation right now. Makers of TIDE Detergent for example.

WHO Worldwide Obesity States

www.who.int...

Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975. In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 650 million were obese. 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.

---

This is also related to Cholesterol deception / statin drug deception...organic food deception. A general "health food" deception. The tentacles are crazy.
edit on 15-2-2022 by dontneedaname because: Identified exact date of $1.7 million donation - 1948, not 1950s. Equivalent to $20 million dollars in 2022

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah, it is not just the hydrogenation that is bad, there is a lot bad about the grain oils, in particular the soybean oil because of how much it was pushed as healthy over the decades. Canola is nothing more than GMO rapeseed I think, and the toxic chemistry it has is just reduced, it still contains a little.

Corn oil is not much better than those two, but I like the taste better anyway.

There is a chemistry called TBHQ used in oils and some processed foods to deter them from going rancid, and there are two other similar chemicals also that can be used in these products that are not good sometimes if this is not used. This chemical does not need to be put on the label till a certain percentage, yet under that percentage it has been shown to cause problems to most people if they consume enough, there are lots of people in this country that exceed that much.

I render the fat from the half cow we get, it makes good crust and is good to fry potatoes in. We use lots of butter, but we use commercial butter, not organic even though I do know organic is superior to it most times. We also use shortening that is mostly animal based, but it does contain about forty percent grain oils, we just can't seem to find the eighty percent animal fat shortening around here anymore, seems that most people are BSed to believe that crisco and vegetable shortenings are better so the stores don't stock them around here much. We use the animal fat one because it tastes better in things.

I get heartburn from pure lard for some reason, it needs to be blended in crust and cookies when we make them. And I do not know why that is.

We have all these poisons being used on our foods and they want us to fear and focus on a wimpy virus that so many flavanoids and food chemistries can help protect us against. And because these agencies are in bed with the Pharma companies, they will not tell us to read the research they have made long ago that could convince people to use these chemistries to protect ourselves. That would mean that no more top execs in the National health regulating agencies would get comfy jobs with great pay at the Pharma companies when they leave the FDA, cdc, and NIH.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I render the fat from the half cow we get, it makes good crust and is good to fry potatoes in.

I prefer pork fat (lard) to beef tallow. Potatoes fried in beef tallow leave a coating on the roof of my mouth due to its higher melting point.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

I do love Organic Tofu and I eat Natto almost everyday (probably one of the healthiest foods you can ever eat-studies have shown just eating this food reduces cardiovascular disease by 15-20%-I also love it). Both foods are eaten a lot in traditional Japanese diets and they are some of the longest lived people. I avoid soybean oil and canola oil though and only use olive oil, butter and sometimes coconut oil.

But let’s be honest-we aren’t unhealthy just because of the substitution of these oils into our lives. It is literally everything-particularly not moving anymore, being obese and having more low grade stress (never not thinking). Soybean oil and sugar are not THE causes-they do contribute.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: rickymouse

I render the fat from the half cow we get, it makes good crust and is good to fry potatoes in.

I prefer pork fat (lard) to beef tallow. Potatoes fried in beef tallow leave a coating on the roof of my mouth due to its higher melting point.

I use bacon grease to fry thinly sliced potatoes in a big cast iron pan. Near the end when the bacon grease is almost gone, I add some butter to finish the product, added salt, lawry's garlic salt, and pepper are the only spices needed with that. It is like butter on fried potatoes, the butter actually browns nice the last five minutes of frying.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Original UC Riverside video clip..no distracting music as in the VOA version. A little more detail.
edit on 15-2-2022 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams

I do love Organic Tofu and I eat Natto almost everyday (probably one of the healthiest foods you can ever eat-studies have shown just eating this food reduces cardiovascular disease by 15-20%-I also love it). Both foods are eaten a lot in traditional Japanese diets and they are some of the longest lived people. I avoid soybean oil and canola oil though and only use olive oil, butter and sometimes coconut oil.

But let’s be honest-we aren’t unhealthy just because of the substitution of these oils into our lives. It is literally everything-particularly not moving anymore, being obese and having more low grade stress (never not thinking). Soybean oil and sugar are not THE causes-they do contribute.

Ewwww.....Tofu.

Sorry, I just can't bring myself to agree with you on Tofu being good. It wouldn't even be a LITTLE white lie if I said it sounded good.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams

They may be THE cause for anyone in particular. It is for me.

Omega balance affects hunger level and breathing rate.

Japanese eat a lot of Omega-3 via seafood.

"Needing to exercise" is over-rated, relatively speaking. With proper breathing rate / hunger level, our body can shed excess weight easier / prevent weight gain. As I stated, it's not the only reason (multi-factorial), but it is one of THE pillars. And it's pretty obscure. Not a secret per se, but outside of books videos appearing in the last decade...pretty unknown.

Constant marketing of food on TV / radio is also a factor. Turning off the TV or muting commercials helps overcome that.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

We've been using rapeseed oil lately, I don't know if it's bad or not.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

We've been using rapeseed oil lately, I don't know if it's bad or not.

Rapeseed is similar to Canola. Not sure if there is an omega-6 / 3 difference though.

Per Belgium and UK - they are the same.

www.aveno.be...
rapeseedoilbenefits.com...

best article here:

hunterandgatherfoods.com...

yummy....motor oil!

check out charts like that.

ketodietresults.com...

images-prod.healthline.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Did a little more detective work after re-watching part of this amazing video.

He mentions that the first recorded heart attack was in 1912. I didn't know that. I didn't remember this after watching the video the first time...it's so packed full of info. So...right when I heard that again a few minutes ago...I decided to check Google NGRAM. Which is a way of finding out when certain things began to occur in recent history - past 200 years or so.

And here it is!!!! Vegetable oils = heart attacks!!!!?? OMG!

books.google.com... c0

When is the lawsuit coming against the AHA, P&G, etc....truly...the end of $cience / LIEnce is at hand. This is just one mega deception I've learned about over the years. This one really hits home though.

Of course it's just a correlation...a close to "perfect correlation." the 1910s also saw the rise of certain technologies which contribute too.
Multi-factorial. But personal knowledge / experience tells me that veg oils play a big part. Maybe the biggest part.
edit on 15-2-2022 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ok so, well I have a couple of questions myself. I have only been purchasing and cooking with olive oil for years now. We never buy vegetable, corn, canola or Even peanut oil. It's always olive oil. The video says olive is great, but so is coconut oil/butter??

If i want to use more Animal fats, what is the best way to store it and shelf life?? I don't believe inhabe ever even heard of beef tallow. But i have used leftover bacon grease to cook with in the past. Is refrigeration mandatory?? I use to take the hot grease and pour it into a strainer with a coffee filter in it. This sifts out 99% of the carbon/solid matter and let's the grease trickle down into a container. must bacon fat be refrigerated, and how long can it be stored safely for consumption??

Where can I find need tallow?? I always buy the real butter, not the crap with vegetable oil blend. Tastes better too. I'm glad I have at least been in the right path, but i think i would like to increase the animal fats in my cooking. Just want to know how I can do that.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ok so, well I have a couple of questions myself. I have only been purchasing and cooking with olive oil for years now. We never buy vegetable, corn, canola or Even peanut oil. It's always olive oil. The video says olive is great, but so is coconut oil/butter??

If i want to use more Animal fats, what is the best way to store it and shelf life?? I don't believe inhabe ever even heard of beef tallow. But i have used leftover bacon grease to cook with in the past. Is refrigeration mandatory?? I use to take the hot grease and pour it into a strainer with a coffee filter in it. This sifts out 99% of the carbon/solid matter and let's the grease trickle down into a container. must bacon fat be refrigerated, and how long can it be stored safely for consumption??

Where can I find need tallow?? I always buy the real butter, not the crap with vegetable oil blend. Tastes better too. I'm glad I have at least been in the right path, but i think i would like to increase the animal fats in my cooking. Just want to know how I can do that.

try the graphic there.

drcate.com...

I wouldn't "go crazy" using animal fats. Just use what you need. Don't have to fall in love with them.

I've never used LARD. Didn't even know what it is until watching that video. Never bought beef tallow, also an unfamiliar term to me.

I do use Grass-Fed cow butter quite often - cooking and spread. The Irish brand...forget the name.

Olive oil has a low smoke point, so recently tried Avocado oil. Have bought coconut oil before - mouth swishing, but never cooked with it. That might be an interesting experiment for me. Maybe olive oil is best used as a salad dressing. Not sure of coconut oil smoke point.

Historically at home, only bought olive oil. The problem in my diet was/has been eating out and snack foods - chips,crackers, etc... I just tossed some Simple Truth Organic waffles...as I read the label closer. The fats come from SOYBEAN OIL. Goodbye.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I just want to chime in here and say, always keep animal fat in the fridge.

It stops the flies getting to it. No time of year is safe from flies.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ive been using avocado oil or coconut oil. hoping it is healthier a reply to: dontneedaname

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i always keep my butter on the counter along with bacon grease
a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That's a great reference, i certainly appreciate that. I have discovered a great crunchy chip that uses olive and avocado oils. It's called boulder canyon. I found them at my local WaWa gas station (East coast) and I have fallen in love with the malt vinegar sea salt. An awesome crunch to go with it too.

I am a bit sad though about the thought of cutting back on my frito lays, but i can change my diet fairly easily if i accept the benefits. The options i find however with boulder canyon are limited in diversity of flavors. Could just be a limited market thing. We cook at home significantly more than eating out. Trust me, with five kids eating out all the time is not economically sound unless I made double what i make now. But personally, i enjoy cooking food for my kids and finding the right foods that each will enjoy. Quesadillas are a diverse option that I can taylor suit to each child's pallette with much extra prep. I make hamburger quesadillas, taco style, turkey and ham, even pizza style. Each one has their favorite.

a reply to: Wide-Eyes
But is that a food safety quality issue, or strictly pest?? Sealed jars wiped after each use should work to keep flies away. And I know how effective bugs are at tracking down grease. A small spatula to get it out.

a reply to: HODOSKE
I have kept my butter out in one of those trays before. Only because I found a neat silver butter tray years ago at an estate sale and wanted to put it to use as more than a decorative piece. I sold it less than a year later though for a healthy profit. I just keep my butter in the fridge out of habit I guess.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
That's a great reference, i certainly appreciate that. I have discovered a great crunchy chip that uses olive and avocado oils. It's called boulder canyon. I found them at my local WaWa gas station (East coast) and I have fallen in love with the malt vinegar sea salt. An awesome crunch to go with it too.

I am a bit sad though about the thought of cutting back on my frito lays, but i can change my diet fairly easily if i accept the benefits. The options i find however with boulder canyon are limited in diversity of flavors. Could just be a limited market thing. We cook at home significantly more than eating out. Trust me, with five kids eating out all the time is not economically sound unless I made double what i make now. But personally, i enjoy cooking food for my kids and finding the right foods that each will enjoy. Quesadillas are a diverse option that I can taylor suit to each child's pallette with much extra prep. I make hamburger quesadillas, taco style, turkey and ham, even pizza style. Each one has their favorite.

Yes! I've bought those Boulder Canyon Chips before/recently! $$ tip: Buy them from Vitacost with a 15-20% off coupon and free shipping!

Never been into all the flavors of things...more flavors = more chemicals. But I grew up when a flavor meant BBQ or Sour Cream & Onion. Now there are so many more. Had a long time Sour Cream & Onion addiction, again, largely gone now.

I've largely eliminated my chip craving, but it's still there now and again.

There is also a brand that is very hard to find...Jackson's Coconut Oil chips. They used to be at my local co-op, but they don't have them anymore. You can find them on Walmart. But best to get them direct I think. THey taste a little "funny" though.

While Olive / Avocado / Coconut oil is healthier in those chips, processing / refining it may make it unhealthy. I don't know. Avocado not as "healthy" as olive oil? Or rather avocado is more unhealthy than olive oil?

Good on you for cooking at home. There are things we learn when we are "rich" and things we learn when we are "poor" or "middle class."
As far the subject at hand, being "richer" CAN mean less time to think about eating, eating out more. More convenience / processed food.

Of course being "poorer" might mean just grabbing the lowest cost item which might be veg oil infested.

new topics

top topics

join