It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tonga volcano mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
33km deep

0km deep

15 minutes to go from 33km to 0 km?

Very fast moving magma/gases!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I'm surprised nobody brought up haarp. Is that out of the window as a potential earth quake weapon? I remeber rumors about the ionosphere doing things before earthquakes...

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
A nuke would leave trace elements clearly leading back to who did it.

Or... a new kind of weapon?

A spectacular explosion, no radiation, atmospheric effects not seen before, and a geopolitical climate that's a bit too much of a coincidence... all could certainly raise the possibility.

Would actually be surprising if somebody hadn't developed a tech beyond nukes in the 76 years since Trinity.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
No telling how many un exploded Atomic bombs are in that area I hear there's one in Iceland and North Carolina that they lost -Wonder if there certain circumstance's that will trigger them one day .

edit on 23-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Not just bombs, also dumped nuclear waste.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I'm surprised nobody brought up haarp. Is that out of the window as a potential earth quake weapon? I remeber rumors about the ionosphere doing things before earthquakes...

I think haarp deals with wind patterns. Hurricanes and tornadoes.
I don't put much stock in that particular idea.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Considering we used to use this area to test nukes, I would not be surprised if one that was lost in the ocean detonated. The designs we have now would not do that 70 years later, but this is an area where they were testing designs, so who knows what they were dropping there 70 years ago.

It would make a lot more sense than this "volcano erupting" but we dont actually see anything about it erupting or new land being formed by all the magma that broke through. Where is all the steam and airplane pics of this eruption?

Best I found is this www.youtube.com...
Looks like BS to me.

Who knows what happened, but if it was a volcano, it was a lot different than any other volcanos to erupt in our lifetimes.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet
Considering we used to use this area to test nukes

No it wasn't. Here is a map showing Tonga to the Marshall Islands, where the Pacific Proving Grounds are located.

... we dont actually see anything about it erupting or new land being formed by all the magma that broke through.

Because this was a highly explosive Plinian or Ultra-Plinian eruption.

Where is all the steam and airplane pics of this eruption?

Even if travel hadn't been down in the last two years, this simply is not a very constantly traveled area by air. Flights to and from Los Angeles or Sydney would be about the only route that would even come near.

Who knows what happened, but if it was a volcano, it was a lot different than any other volcanos to erupt in our lifetimes.

You're showing your youth. This eruption was somewhere between Puyehue-Cordón in Chile about ten years ago and Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines in the early 1990s. I'd place it a lot closer to the latter than the former in terms of scale.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Alien undersea base going up with a bang.

Well, maybe a DUMB because that looks like what happens when a drum is beaten or a certain note hit. Those sound experiments recently in discussions on ATS somewhere linking to the source was showing that different notes make different patterns. We find those/that data and we can determine what frequency the vibration was exactly. IIRC?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I hope Phage told WAPO that there are "no gravity waves". IIRC he can defend himself well if he didn't say it, but we have had a round or two of threads on gravity waves over the last decade or so on here.

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar
It did happen at La Palma remember?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Clouds over the La Palma volcanic eruption Friday looked like a logo for a Target store. A strange series of concentric circles formed over the volcano, captivating social media and eliciting the fascination of meteorologists and the public alike.

Very cool though!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It couldn't have been HAARP because there was something physical in nature with kinetic power of great magnitude. The HAARP can change the temperature of the atmosphere from my understanding and cause weather. The EQ situation would be something different than causing an eruption of such a level as this one. It is likely in the top 3 of eruptions in ash plume height I saw few days back.

originally posted by: Terpene

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

First thing I thought of when i saw the video was that it reminded me of that other video on youtube with the Atomic Bomb going off.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

If it was according to fluid mechanics this pattern should easily be simulated, how could they be puzzled?

Or is it that scientist pretend to be dumb, to create mystery for more revenue?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: Kocag
A nuke would leave trace elements clearly leading back to who did it.

Or... a new kind of weapon?

A spectacular explosion, no radiation, atmospheric effects not seen before, and a geopolitical climate that's a bit too much of a coincidence... all could certainly raise the possibility.

Would actually be surprising if somebody hadn't developed a tech beyond nukes in the 76 years since Trinity.

There is no conventional device that delivers any amount of megatons, in this case 9-10 megatons. That the equivalent of 9-10 million tons of tnt

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interesting that nobody is aware of the thought that the submarine Belgorod K329 let rip with one of its six Doomsday Poseidon Missiles which by coincidence ( of course) has since seen Sleepy back-pedalling on 'Russian invasion " of Ukraine and likely US action or reaction .

Putin has long advised Sleepy and NATO to be careful and here -- perhaps - was a very persuasive warning .
Moscow has a long list of grievances and the recent attempted colour revolution in Kazakstan backed ( and probably initiated ) by the US plus memories of Kiev in 2004 and Georgia in 2008 are matters which must rank high in the memory .

By releasing this beyond imaginably powerful weapon in a US testing ground for over 100 past Atomic bombs , Russia has probably very cleverly ensured that no radiation evidence can be publicly levelled against them . Equally , it is the last matter the US would want investigated .
Russia has never denied the' Doomsday' nature of Poseidon which has been known of for some time .In theory , if not in action .
The EU are unlikely to support any US interference and the UK have resorted to Fake News plot accounts in an attempt to deflect from Biden's now totally ludicrous and embarrassing position .

Looks like matters will now just simmer , though February 4th will be an interesting date . The opening of the Winter Games in Bejing .
Similar to when Georgia launched against Russia in Ossetia in 2008 with Putin in Bejing for the Summer games .
But this time Putin is fully prepared and I feel confident it will be one of his doubles who travels to Bejing .

Against that , none of this might match up in Facts Land .

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Juicer66
Interesting that nobody is aware of the thought that the submarine Belgorod K329 let rip with one of its six Doomsday Poseidon Missiles which by coincidence ( of course) has since seen Sleepy back-pedalling on 'Russian invasion " of Ukraine and likely US action or reaction .

Putin has long advised Sleepy and NATO to be careful and here -- perhaps - was a very persuasive warning .
Moscow has a long list of grievances and the recent attempted colour revolution in Kazakstan backed ( and probably initiated ) by the US plus memories of Kiev in 2004 and Georgia in 2008 are matters which must rank high in the memory .

By releasing this beyond imaginably powerful weapon in a US testing ground for over 100 past Atomic bombs , Russia has probably very cleverly ensured that no radiation evidence can be publicly levelled against them . Equally , it is the last matter the US would want investigated .
Russia has never denied the' Doomsday' nature of Poseidon which has been known of for some time .In theory , if not in action .
The EU are unlikely to support any US interference and the UK have resorted to Fake News plot accounts in an attempt to deflect from Biden's now totally ludicrous and embarrassing position .

Looks like matters will now just simmer , though February 4th will be an interesting date . The opening of the Winter Games in Bejing .
Similar to when Georgia launched against Russia in Ossetia in 2008 with Putin in Bejing for the Summer games .
But this time Putin is fully prepared and I feel confident it will be one of his doubles who travels to Bejing .

Against that , none of this might match up in Facts Land .

if this had clear evidence to back it up, Biden would just shrug and say it was a "minor" nuclear incursion and propose minor sanctions in return.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

More like the author editorializing to make it more exciting sounding. This is from your article in the opening post.

"It’s really unique. We’ve never seen anything like this in the data before,” he says.
‘Nature’ Lars Hoffmann, an atmospheric scientist at the Jülich Supercomputer Center in Germany.

That doesn't scream "puzzled" to me by any means.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I would call that in the area considering the Air Force dropped a nuke in GA, or was it North Carolina, by accident? I cant remember, but I recall a broken arrow situation in the past about 1500 miles away from where they tested them in the USA. I imagine if that was a foreign ocean we would have known nothing about it. No reason at all that could not have happened right there, considering the bases in the area.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

The difference being, with those lost weapons, that they were being transported by aircraft usually as part of an operational mission and had nothing to do with testing. Most, but not all, have been recovered.

When test weapons were sent to the Pacific Proving Grounds they were, quite literally, shipped. There is zero evidence, neither historical nor rumored, that a weapon has ever been lost in this area, by any nation. France and the UK also tested in the south Pacific, however not nearly as much as the US did. They preferred northwest Africa and Australia for their tests.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Very few huge volcanic eruptions at sea have ever been witnessed by satellite, as we have only had that capability for a scratch in time. We essentially have no back data to compare with what we see now, and for all we know, these ring presentations are a common event.

One thing for sure, no one is firing nuclear weapons into volcanos. That silly talk is about as useless as blaming HAARP for causing any physical effect anywhere other than the ionosphere....
edit on 23-1-2022 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join