It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your poop smell different than it used to?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Awkward question, but had anyone noticed their poop smelling different over the past year? Everyone in my home has noticed a definite change, but none of our daily habits have significantly changed.

I have noticed this same scent in the sewage around town, and even in public restrooms. It's very distinctive and definitely does not smell like regular ol' poop. I realize that poop has many different scents, but I have never smelled this scent until fairly recent.

I'm wondering if this change is widespread. Could it be related to covid at all? Which is why i put it in this forum. We are not vaccinated, but we did have covid once or twice.

Perhaps it's something in the water supply?

Maybe our senses are off?

I figured this isn't a typical topic, but maybe ATS wouldn't ridicule me for asking.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Yes, but I had major intestinal surgery last year.

Out here we use well water, you'd be hard pressed to put "something" in the water for everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I haven't noticed this, but I did have covid bacl last january 2021, ad my ability to smell has been muted. I can smell some things if the smell is very strong. It also affected my taste, almost everything doesn't taste right or good.
Maybe something like this has happened to you after you recovered from Covid?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A lot of people who recovered from Covid say their sense of smell is messed up. Are you a recoveree?

link   

Nope, poop smells like poop. As an RN I'm arm deep in crap all day, smells the same. If you had Covid it could have altered your sense of smell, but unlikely it would only change poop.
edit on 22-1-2022 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

link   

Nope

Still smells like #hit

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Mine has not changed …. But you can tell a lot by your poop , color , shape , etc …if the whole
House has changed and not just one person , then I’d be more apt to say it’s environmental . Meaning your water , or foods you’re all eating . Are you eating differently ? Taking more vitamins ?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I figured this isn't a typical topic, but maybe ATS wouldn't ridicule me for asking.

I mean I'm gonna ridicule you just a bit

for example , Gross a Poop topic . !?!.

I'll admit I have not smelled much of anything since I had Covid , I've gotten used to it . But none the less you could be on to something.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I did indeed survive the big bad covid.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

No. All our dietary habits are the same. We drink a lot of tap water. Otherwise, everything is pretty much the same.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No changes that i can attest to post rona as well.

Perhaps see if the ingredients in your preferred foods have changed.

Thats been an ongoing battle in our home.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Lol, awe man! I guess it IS a gross topic!

At least there was no cup and no girls in this post!

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

At least there was no cup and no girls in this post!

I consider that a loss mate

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
As we age, things tend to change. Our systems slow down and don't process things as rapidly; our body chemistry changes & hormones decrease. The fact that your entire family has noticed the same thing, and your diet is relatively the same would suggest an external source.
Water supply? Our city recently changed to a different type of chlorine for our water system, but I haven't noticed anything different, other than the taste is even worse.
More and more chemicals are used in meat production now. Antibiotics, growth hormones, and gawd knows what else.
Our food supply is also full of pesticides, hormones, GMO's, etc. Maybe the manufacturer of some of the things you normally buy at the grocery store has changed the chemicals they use as preservatives recently and your system hasn't learned how to process them yet?
Maybe a bug that caused such mild illness it was hardly noticeable, yet upset your gut bacteria? I always use probiotics to get my stomach flora back on track after being under the weather.
These are just wild guesses on my part....hoping to give you some ideas.

edit on 600000088America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

LOL.

At my old job somebody would poop in the bathroom and it would smell so bad... you could smell it all throughout the office.

One of my coworkers was sure that they were doing it "on purpose" and at first I was like, how does somebody do it on purpose? Like, poop smells and you can't really help it.

But then I bought some poo pourri for everybody and left it in the bathroom... and it was working out. I started spraying each toilet (there were two) every time I went in there, so whoever would come after me wouldn't know that the toilets were primed and ready. But sometimes the person would still stink up the whole office, and we'd all talk about how they just don't like poo pourri? Like why weren't they using it? Still, because I was spraying secretly... I think it helped and it was cutting down the smell until one day the poo pourri went missing.

That's when I started to suspect that maybe my coworker wasn't being paranoid about how somebody wanted to punish us with their extra stinky poop on purpose.

I never found out what happened to that poo pourri, either. It's disappearance still remains an unsolved mystery.

Sorry, I haven't noticed anything different. But that's my poop story.
edit on 22-1-2022 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It could be your tap water. Check with your water dept maybe. We've been getting bi-annual letters from our water co, saying the water has an extra ppb of chlorine. We switched to bottled water.

I never noticed a different poop smell though.

I guess we've all noticed that sometimes when sick your poop smell changes.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Maybe the stinky pooper took it home for their own enjoyment/self preservation?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I considered that as well! Maybe even somebody else that was unhappy there, who knows. There were lots of other reasons that workers were unhappy there.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Mine changed while on antibiotics & now normal since I am no longer taking them.
Interesting to me is many times if a person that is on ABs their breath will have a certain
smell like their feces.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   

After getting over the Cron recently, I just today noticed (and appreciated) the smell of coffee this morning again.

Maybe that has something to do with it? Thankfully I haven't noticed any “weird” #hit smells.

edit on 1/22/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join