It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to go back to my childhood of innocence in music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Sadly my mother no longer knows who I am, I so sad these days, but this video shows me your mother's love for you never leaves you. This was her life for the love of country music in our home in my youth.

edit on 0100000007282022-01-22T04:28:07-06:00280701am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You have a good heart.

"So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell"

I love my mom too bro

My dad says always focus on the good stuff to remind you of a wonderful life when times are like this.

Blessings MM

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sadly my mother no longer knows who I am, I so sad these days, but this video shows me your mother's love for you never leaves you. This was her life for the love of country music in our home in my youth.

Music has always discussed the full spectrum of human experiences, the lack of innocence you feel now comes from your own perspective. Art is interpreted by the observer.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sending you love MIM. I understand this, these times being so hard and wanting to reach out to those who can love you unconditionally, primarily parents and grandparents. If they are not there, physically or mentally, the alienation is much worse.

I'm blessed to still have parents but they are so angry at me for not getting the shots, but I know that in their confusion it's because they love me and don't want me to die like they think I will. Such an awful two years where people wasted precious time avoiding each other due to care and fear and now everyone is so heartbroken. Your mom does indeed love you and it never goes away. She may not recognize the visual you but loves you at the essence of you. She loves every age you have ever been from newborn to now.

My grandma had dementia and she often talked to me about the past and it would drift to talk that I'd then realize she was thinking I was her sister or a friend in youth. It was kind of creepy but still sweet.

Mostly, times like this I miss my granny most. I spent a lot of my life with her. She was one of those magically happy people, sang at the drop of a hat, who looked deep into the mystery of things. She was super into ABBA and though it's not music I listen to, I've had many instances where I've felt weepy over missing her and then the next song on the radio is ABBA. It's happened so many times that I think somehow there is some connection still. We know so little. One time it happened and after the song, I switched channels and it was the same ABBA song but in spanish,

I've always thought, despite being unmusical myself, that music is the highest human art and is a lot more than we know.

Johnny Cash is awesome. He knew how to feel the depth of the feels and convey it.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: musicismagic

You have a good heart.

"So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell"

I love my mom too bro

My dad says always focus on the good stuff to remind you of a wonderful life when times are like this.

Blessings MM

thank you for your kind words, that means a lot to me

I'd like to say a few things about having caring and loving parents.

My father taught me survival skills at an early age. We'd hunt rabbits with long 2x4 boards in the snow
I wrote this song about my father.
app.box.com...
I think you might need earphones

My mother taught me the kitchen skills from baking to her Sicilian style pasta sauce.
I had a wonderful childhood thanks to God fearing parents.

new topics

top topics

join