It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Friends- How y'all doing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Speaking of China...er I mean covid...er I guess I do mean China heh, how is that dynamic going? I know there's been some tension.

Not good, very tense, especially since our PM decided to blame China, our biggest export market, for the outbreak right when it all hit the fan - the first leader to do so.

They've placed a lot of tariffs on our exports and they've also literally hacked in to our Government's cyber networks including Parliament House. They are flexing their muscles, not just here it's all over South East Asia and the South Pacific.

If you accommodate them they are fine, they just don't like it when you say no. Lot's of purchases of land and big farms by Chinese companies too, we really notice it in regional areas.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
How is your daily life?

Watching cricket, all good
Resigned from my job rather than get a vax, started a handyman business, so far so good, more than enough money to survive, motivation is an issue
Weather is a bit hot to be working outdoors but, what must be done

How has this pandemic effected your ability to live your life?

Missing out on some social connections, physical activity but, plenty of golf

I am well aware of all the protests going on, but I am unaware of the actual boots on the ground experience in living in Oz.

No idea, media blackout on all the things going on, I should rectify that

Do you see things changing?
If so, for better or worse?

Worse, far worse, apartheid for the non vaxed next

Thanks for the questions
Think your friend will be fine, contact them

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krusty the Klown
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The whole country is 95% vaxxed but we are unsure whether that covers Omicron or not, so most people have stayed at home over the holiday period, this is our summer, so kids have 6 weeks off over the summer break.

I would think it's lower than 95%. I know a few online Australian athletes who would never take the jab...

Most corrupt governments/media inflate vax numbers to encourage others to get the shot. Make it sound like the unvaxxed is outnumbered, to feel left out, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I don't doubt you, I think it's about 94% with first dose and about 90% second dose, that was from the Sydney Morning Herald a day or so ago.

With the actual vaxx and case numbers I would give a +/- 10% margin of error to the downside for the jab and upside for infections.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Artlogic

I was actually referring to Gut but you live in a Labor run state, it's a lot different in non-Labor states. It's not as draconian as it sounds.

Yes, we've got some food shortages, materials shortages, labour shortages etc, have to wear masks, no RAT's ......but it's not the end of the world. And nothing like living in Sub-Saharan Africa or Eastern Europe or (insert third world country name here).

I've been through a fair bit of adversity in my life, maybe its just me, I don't really think it's that big a deal, considering this is the first global pandemic in 100 years, having to make a few sacrifices which I can live with, adapt and move on. It's nothing like Australia went through during WWII.

P.S. I'm just thankful there's not a beer shortage!

I find your complacency truly disturbing, as the true issues are legal precedents......I'm not going to get into it but I will say good luck mate.
Always a beer here

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I've got time and am interested in the legal precendents particularly from an Aussie perspective.

If anybody doesn't want to wear a mask or get vaccinated, I'm fine with that and have welcomed them in to my house, including you if you want (you need to get out from under Anastasia and come down to cockroach country ha ha!!)

I didn't realise that I was coming across as complacent I certainly didn't mean to. What I am saying that this is a global emergency and every generation born after WWII hasn't been through one before, I am a history buff and am looking at where we are at, particularly in Australia, from that perspective.

I've taken all the precautions I can and still do, but that's all you can do. We have things far better off here in Australia than just about any country in the world despite short term grocery shortages, labour shortages, border closures, masks etc. We are doing relatively well, and very well with the death rate.

It's a pain the @rse definitely but I can adapt.

Tell me about the legal stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It's a pain the @rse definitely but I can adapt.

Tell me about the legal stuff.

We are going to lose bodily autonomy, forever.

Our lives our now entirely governed by the largest corporate entities in the history of our self destructive species, in tandem with the governments of the US, the UK, China and Australia.
100% hand in glove, there's a name for that......

You see a pain in the arse, I see a not very thin initial edge of the wedge.

They have done this to us with our LAWS™,

edit on 13 1 2022 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krusty the Klown

Fellow Aussie here

I didn't think you sounded complacent, I thought you sounded compliant.

On what level do you believe this is a worldwide emergency?
The disease angle or the government and every authority we should be able to trust is fecking us all over?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iknewstuff
On what level do you believe this is a worldwide emergency?
The disease angle or the government and every authority we should be able to trust is fecking us all over?

Both.

Viruses can mutate into much deadlier strains very quickly, as seen in the middle ages.

And so can sovereign states as seen throughout history including 1930's Germany.

This is the first time since the Spanish Flu that we have had a novel virus circulate globally this virulently, back then we only had ships to transport the pathogen around the world, now a carrier can take it anywhere on the planet within 24 hours via aviation. The faster a virus spreads that faster it can mutate in to something nastier.

In terms of governments, we're doing not too badly here compared to other countries around the world - at this point in history. The biggest fear I have from out governments is the usual gross incompetence, but in this case they are taking direction from the medical advisers.

And I'm talking solely about the pandemic throughout this thread.
edit on 13/1/2222 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artlogic

Our lives our now entirely governed by the largest corporate entities in the history of our self destructive species

Our lives being governed by corporate entities I agree with you quite a bit.

Not sure what you mean about bodily autonomy though?
edit on 13/1/2222 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: chris_stibrany

There was a time about 12 years ago, when I actively sought to immigrate to Australia.

Serious job interviews with Ministry of Health, even up to the point of opening a bank account in Sydney.

Sadly, it fell through.

No shrimp on the barbie for me.

Now I actually think I dodged the proverbial bullet because of my allergy to vaccines.

Ministry of Health ... no mandatory vaccination. If by that you mean the Commonwealth Department of Health then you would not have had to have the jab, no Commonwealth Government Department had mandatory vaccination orders.

If you mean NSW Health ... It was mandatory. I believe all State and Territory Governments mandated their workers be vaccinated.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artlogic

Our lives our now entirely governed by the largest corporate entities in the history of our self destructive species

Our lives being governed by corporate entities I agree with you quite a bit.

Not sure what you mean about bodily autonomy though?

You really should understand what your rights are, particularly when it comes to your physical self. Get on it bud, important stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Can you please tell me so I can go and research it?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Can you please tell me so I can go and resarch it?

You......and everyone else.....on earth.

Have the right to do as you please, with your body.

Mandating medical procedures breaks that to pieces.

It's a vast topic, with a simple meaning, and it forms the framework upon which all basic human rights are built. Google, duck duck go, whatever your poison have at it.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   

There's no mandated medical procedures in Australia.

You are free to choose to take the vaccine or not. It's as simple as that.

I know lots of people that have taken it and some that haven't, we all seem to get along just fine.

Getting back to your legal precedents, we only have three rights in our constitution, none of them involve the physical self.

Could you please elaborate?

I am actually quite interested.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krusty the Klown

So the fear mongering has worked there.

I have some Aussie friends on FB from ATS> It BOGGLES MY MIND how they think when I met them on here. They just bowed down and took it.. the jab, with NO questions asked.

Did you people really think that if you just got your shot you would be free? Everyone I know who go the jab said at the time they got it to go back to normal. THERE IS NO NORMAL! It will never be normal again and the fact SO MANY people bowed down just shows how little people in the world think for themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

There's no mandated medical procedures in Australia.

You are free to choose to take the vaccine or not. It's as simple as that.

I know lots of people that have taken it and some that haven't, we all seem to get along just fine.

Getting back to your legal precedents, we only have three rights in our constitution, none of them involve the physical self.

Could you please elaborate?

I am actually quite interested.

Yeah, because no-one is being forced UNDER DURESS to be injected to keep there jobs are they? We don't now have a 2 tiered society of the virtuous and the untermench amirite? yeah thats not happening is it, you are either blind or being deliberately obtuse.

Maybe you should head down the pub, or maybe the local cafe with some of your unvaxxed friends and discuss this further..........oh....wait....

Duress has been legalized, the precedent is set....

get the .gov jabberooni or have your life ruined. I wonder whats next?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
@Krusty the Klown
@Artlogic

You are free to choose to take the vaccine or not.

It is not "free to choose" when one choice forces one to lose their employment.

I think, as well, to focus on particulars of the Australian legal system is to miss the big picture, which is--

All of the 'western' countries have political systems that claim to be democracies of one stripe or another. Mainly, these governmental arrangements lend the idea that the people have a say, via elections, in who their leaders are and the policies they are expected to carry out.

The common factor across all of the 'western' countries is that this system has been short-circuited by unelected career bureaucrats and cadres of so-called 'experts'.

Thus, although we may participate in elections by voting, it means little, because the elected officials now avoid responsibility by not making decisions on their own, but rather by deferring to courses of action advanced by the bureaucrats or the cadres of 'experts'.

I admit it is quite possible this mode of governance could provide reasonable results in ordinary times. But decisions on "locking down" people because of an epidemic is anything but ordinary and requires genuine leadership and willingness to look farther down the road than the next election, as far as effects on the society and economy go.

Genuine leadership and capacity for vision is what is lacking in all of our societies now, and that is why we find ourselves under the thumb of career bureaucracies (and other unelected cliques) who have zero interest in relinquishing the power they've been allowed to exercise.

Cheers
edit on 13-1-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

No, no-one has been forced under duress to take the jab to keep their jobs. I've quit jobs for much less than that and it led to a much better job. We now have a labour shortage in the country - if the employer mandates the jab - that is on the employer not the government. F@ck that employer, there are heaps of jobs available now because there are no foreign workers here, just go and work somewhere else. No-one is forcing anybody to work anywhere.

I go down the pub and the cafe with my vaxxed and unvaxxed friends most days of the week and we don't seem to see what your describing.

No legal precedent has been set, big employers are crying out to government complaining that they can't get enough workers.

What sort of work do you do my friend?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

You obviously don't live in Australia so how can you give a realistic appraisal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join