It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Friends- How y'all doing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

There was a time about 12 years ago, when I actively sought to immigrate to Australia.

Serious job interviews with Ministry of Health, even up to the point of opening a bank account in Sydney.

Sadly, it fell through.

No shrimp on the barbie for me.

Now I actually think I dodged the proverbial bullet because of my allergy to vaccines.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Yeah no bloody doubt about it, I still don’t trust he won’t lock us down at some point....he’d be absolutely itching for it!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krusty the Klown
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Yes, that is surprising, Dictator Dan has been the worst, apart from old mate in WA.

From other escaped Vic's I've spoken to they think he'll still be re-elected though.

What to you reckon?

I too reckon unfortunately that he will be re-elected.

The Melbourne voting bloc is too big and they love him up there.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Depends on whether you live in Melbourne or Sydney.

I wouldn’t want to live in either of them (again, did a 4 year stint in Smellbourne in my early twenties) even pre-COVID. The rest of the country’s fared reasonably well and were one of the most sparsely populated countries on earth with a unique natural environment.

Don’t you live in Oregon where the hair sniffers gangs of super peaceful protesters run amok unchecked and your leaders are hardly better than ours?

I’ll take Australia any day

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Yes, I currently reside in Antifastan.

I have to wear a pink hat and scream just to go shopping.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Hahaha. The screaming is your version of our QR code presumably.

Did Oregon always suck or is it a recent thing? I always thought it sounded a pretty cool place to visit and when I was over there considered making a trip up from Cali but we didn’t have enough time.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Iknewstuff

I can actually see the possibility of this ending this year due to the backlash that's coming.

Backlash will be everywhere not just in Aus. Even Vaccinated people arent happy to hear about more boosters or boosting every three, four months.
Some thought it would end with just one or two doses.
edit on 12-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I can’t tell you firsthand but my GF lives in Perth,WA and we talk a few times a day. Things have been relatively normal for her, no mask for the most part the last couple of years although recently, (I believe one to two weeks ago) they started requiring mask again.

I’m going to be moving there at the end of the year, a bit nervous about that with all the gov bs over there but being apart really sucks, after 3 years we’re moving to her home island in the Philippines so I’m just going to have to make the best of it until then.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

What makes you think the Philippines is gonna be better than living in Perth?

Hope it all works out for you and you enjoy your time in Australia, get out of the cities and see the real Australia!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Hope it all works out for you and you enjoy your time in Australia, get out of the cities and see the real Australia!

It’s a lot cheaper to live there is one reason, Perth is fairly expensive especially to retire in. Philippines has its own set of problems I know. I have many friends over there so they’ve filled me in pretty well, the gov is all over the place there. We have property on Siargao Island so we will build a house there. Things are much different in the province’s vs Cebu, Manila or some of the other bigger cities.

Looking forward to living in Perth though, so sick of the division and clown world in the states and don’t see it ending well or anytime soon, time to get out. Perth is kind of in its own world vs the rest of AU, I like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

.....come and live in the bush for a while. We are used to living with adversity.

And in NSW dancing in public has been banned - what an outrage - however will I get by!!!!

Ahhh...gotcha. I know y'all are tough...and krusty as heck.

Speaking of China...er I mean covid...er I guess I do mean China heh, how is that dynamic going? I know there's been some tension.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Filipinas if nothing else. Word.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hahaha. The screaming is your version of our QR code presumably.

Did Oregon always suck or is it a recent thing? I always thought it sounded a pretty cool place to visit and when I was over there considered making a trip up from Cali but we didn’t have enough time.

Oregon is like many states.

90% of the state and population is good, but it's the screaming 10% that #s up everything for everyone else.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Fair enough, sounds like you have a decent plan.

My brother went there as his best mate married a Philippino girl and went out in the regional areas and absolutely loved it!

I’m pretty sure Perth is the most isolated state capital in the world.

Either way, all the best with it

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

True statement, not getting rid of mine, lots of beautiful women over there.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Haha word indeed!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Fair enough, sounds like you have a decent plan.

My brother went there as his best mate married a Philippino girl and went out in the regional areas and absolutely loved it!

I’m pretty sure Perth is the most isolated state capital in the world.

Either way, all the best with it

Thanks mate🍻

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yeah fair enough then, as you say the same could be said of a lot of places.

Typically these people huddle together in urban areas and project their rubbish upon the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Artlogic

That's a fundamental difference between The Gut's US and Australia. We actually have faith in our healthcare system, the US health care system seems to be a sh*t show and I can understand why you don't trust it. It seems to more of a profit cartel than anything.

The health measures here are dictated by the various Health Departments of each state, it hasn't been perfect, far from it, but the stats tell the story. The Health Dept makes the policy and the governments choose to accept or not.

Our population is a little under 1/10th that of the US. Our total death toll from the pandemic is 2,450 (for the whole two years of the pandemic), if it was the same as the US rate of death - it would be over 60,000.

With the Opioid crisis in the US which seems to have it's origins with doctors and prescriptions I can understand why you would be cynical and skeptical of anything the health care system recommends. I would be too, but no-one's rolled over here, we just don't have your problems here thankfully.

When I see the news of the pandemic coming from around the world it is astounding and heartbreaking and we've been really lucky - blessed with the natural isolation of being thousands of miles from everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere.

I'm happy to be corrected on anything if I'm wrong.

Dont have problems? I live in Queensland, not the US, grocery stores are bare, can't get RAT tests. I believe pretty much everything you've stated is, at best, wildly innacurate and reads like an ABC propaganda piece. Australia was always going to take nanny state to the next level, apparently people want parents not peers running the joint. Wake up brother the rides just getn' started.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Artlogic

I was actually referring to Gut but you live in a Labor run state, it's a lot different in non-Labor states. It's not as draconian as it sounds.

Yes, we've got some food shortages, materials shortages, labour shortages etc, have to wear masks, no RAT's ......but it's not the end of the world. And nothing like living in Sub-Saharan Africa or Eastern Europe or (insert third world country name here).

I've been through a fair bit of adversity in my life, maybe its just me, I don't really think it's that big a deal, considering this is the first global pandemic in 100 years, having to make a few sacrifices which I can live with, adapt and move on. It's nothing like Australia went through during WWII.

P.S. I'm just thankful there's not a beer shortage!

edit on 12/1/2222 by Krusty the Klown because: Most important afterthought

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join