It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Conspiracy Theory No One Talks About

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm gonna play Captain Obvious here and point out what no one seems to say.

By far the biggest conspiracy theory group I have ever witnessed are the people who think there is data showing masks protect people from viruses, and that we are not being shown this proof. According to these people, we need to "trust" the proof. IMO, that is right up there with translating golden scrolls from god himself.

I have a bunch of 3M respirators for different jobs depending on what hazards I am working with. Every cartridge for my masks (respirators) have different certifications. Some are plain P100 Particulate filters for keeping particles out of my lungs, some are fancy P100 filters. Others are for acidic vapors and other things. I wear these because I weld in my spare time, and when you weld you instantly go from room temp to 10,000°F. When you do that you turn solids into gases. Paint turns into fumes, chemicals on the work turn into gas. Even the zinc coating on galvanized steel can kill you. You have to be able to stop MOLECULES, not just particulates.

Here is what I use the most and what it protects against.
3M 60926 P100
Gas & Vapor Protection Type: Ammonia, Chlorine, Chlorine Dioxide, Formaldehyde, Hydrogen Chloride, Hydrogen Fluoride, Hydrogen Sulfide, Methylamine, Organic Vapor, Sulfur Dioxide
Particulate Protection: Ammonia, Asbestos, Formaldehyde, Methylamine, Mold, Organic Vapor, Silica

I have hard evidence, documentation that comes with my equipment, and irrefutable proof my masks work to protect me from these hazards. I wouldn't use them otherwise. There are at least a million other Americans like me who understand this beyond any doubt. Only catch is that I have to crank down on the straps to make sure it seals tight to my face, especially since I have a beard, or I will know real fast that I am breathing unfiltered air when it hits my nose and lungs after creeping around the side of the mask

So here are the certifications for N95 from 3M themselves www.3m.com...
Recommended Application: Agricultural Production, Airborne Biological Particles, Assembly and Mechanical, Bagging, Cleaning, Construction, Dry Chemical Handling, Foundry Operations, Grinding, Metal Repair, Paper Processing, Processing of Minerals, Sanding, Textile Operations
Recommended Industry: Construction, General Manufacturing, Industrial Maintenance, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transportation
Suggested applications: Grinding, Sanding, Sweeping, Bagging and other dusty or arid operations. Can also be used to help reduce inhalation of certain airborne biological particles like mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc. Example applications include emergency or pandemic preparedness planning, stockpiling, etc.

I made bold the smallest things it can stop. Bacteria. Bacteria are NOT anywhere near as small as viruses. Thats why they say "certain airborne biological particles like mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc", because they are NOT viruses. See below

www.merriam-webster.com...
SIZE:
Bacteria are giants when compared to viruses. The smallest bacteria are about 0.4 micron (one millionth of a meter) in diameter while viruses range in size from 0.02 to 0.25 micron. This makes most viruses submicroscopic, unable to be seen in an ordinary light microscope. They are typically studied with an electron microscope.

Using N95 is also a bad argument, they dont work, but even if they did, maybe 1 in 10 masks I see are N95.

So why is everyone silent? Why are we not making fun of the conspiracy theorists'? No one who wears masks, believe they work, or enforces mask compliance on others have any proof at all, because they do not work for that or 3M would market them for that purpose and make MORE money. In spite of the evidence, every one I have spoken to thinks the gov or news have this proof that these can stop viruses, and that they have not seen it. Like they just arent showing it to us.

If that is not the biggest group of conspiracy theorists to ever exist, then what is it?

I dont refuse to wear masks because I don't want to wear a mask, masks dont bother me. I refuse to wear masks because playing stupid irritates me. When you breathe the air in and out, whatever is not in the size range of what your mask filters is not filtered. Its that simple. There is no reason people need to wear masks not to spit in each others faces when they talk.
edit on 11-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

edit on 11-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Then there's fit testing.... which isn't done for the everyday joe slapping a mask on his face to save themselves from Covid.
The other day, I heard some official say that we had to upgrade to a KN95 mask because the new omicron variant can get through cloth masks... omg, the virus didn't shrink when it mutated... the cloth masks (and kn95's) didn't filter out previous variants either.
I guess they take us all for imbeciles.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sorry. The biggest conspiracy is a country ran by a bunch of crooked lawyers elected as crooked politicians passing legislation and causing political turmoil that makes work for other lawyers. How much was paid out on legal representation over the Russian Trump collusion lie alone….

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You really should be using a fresh air source with any of those real nasty ones
Car painting, spray on bedliners etc.
Fume boxes for welding etc...with the respirator.
The masks help, but only up to a certain concentration.
Beyond that level, you will die.

Not trying to get too far off topic though

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

There's some evidence in favor of using masks to reduce the risk of respiratory viruses. My personal stance is, if wearing a mask indoors reduces the risk of transmission even by a fraction, I don't mind wearing it. It takes almost zero effort.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

Remember when they said it does nothing, but is worth it for people's feelings?
I do

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

sigh, do I have to post the meme of the guys pissing on each other?

Couple that, with condescension and some ridicule and two stars from other npc's and we have a smackdown. Don't make us go there.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Anyone with common sense and the ability to use critical thinking knew from the beginning that masks were just a mechanism for control and dehumanizing those who refused to comply.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Anyone with common sense and the ability to use critical thinking knew from the beginning that masks were just a mechanism for control and dehumanizing those who refused to comply.

but masks and hand soap totally beat the flu!

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Sorry. The biggest conspiracy is a country ran by a bunch of crooked lawyers elected as crooked politicians passing legislation and causing political turmoil that makes work for other lawyers. How much was paid out on legal representation over the Russian Trump collusion lie alone….

No way. They are outnumberd 100 to 1 (at least) by maskers.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It sounds like you're looking for a study like this:

Face masks against COVID-19: Standards, efficacy, testing and decontamination methods

Not all masks are created equal. While laboratory tests generally suggest that N95 masks are superior in performance to surgical masks, population studies in healthcare workers have not documented significant differences. This discrepancy may be due to the lack of proper fit when using N95s. Conversely, cloth masks generally perform poorly compared to N95 and surgical masks in laboratory tests. However, in part because of the global PPE shortage, cloth masks have become the most commonly used PPE by the general public. Despite their shortcomings, community-based research has demonstrated the efficacy of cloth masks in slowing down the spread of COVID-19.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's the act of complying with communist dictates that drives the mask agenda.

When you wear a mask your informing others that you are happy to comply with communist dictates.

🙏❤

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Officials pushing the N95 masks last few days.

Something is happening behind the scenes and TPTB want a change and/or a set of scapegoats 😈

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

There's some evidence in favor of using masks to reduce the risk of respiratory viruses. My personal stance is, if wearing a mask indoors reduces the risk of transmission even by a fraction, I don't mind wearing it. It takes almost zero effort.

Yes it takes no effort to conform but what about the people who have a much higher perception of their environment, the ones who see the scam and have your interests at heart.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet
I'm gonna play Captain Obvious here and point out what no one seems to say. ... So why is everyone silent?

To answer your question: You know that recently popular buzzword, mass formation psychosis? I'd say that has something to do with it.

A large percentage of the population has been quite literally brainwashed. I have spoken to people who, if you say anything positive or hopeful about the so-called "pandemic," they actually get upset. Any positive news, any facts, figures or numbers that offer hope that things are getting better are met with an almost violent negative reaction. They absolutely do not want to hear anything that diminishes their fear.

This is why everyone is silent.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The Mask only work if you put a plastic bag between your face and the mask.
Try it if you doubt me see what gets through that.
GOV Control that's all this COVID Crap is about.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thank you very much. Masks are barriers. Period.

Worn by me pretty much daily since 1987. Still here.

Who the hell knows?! Barriers. None, foolproof, fail proof?

Just a "divider" if you will.

*PS. You can't eat your Halloween candy through a mask! (Don't know what the hell thats supposed to mean...but a message-metaphor)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

You do that but do it for yourself, don't give me spiel you are doing it for others, because those others also have the freedom to wear a moist cloth over their main respiratory imputs if they so wish.
If they and you believe in that then you can feel safe. End of story.

I however have seen that the masked engaging in far worse spreading behaviour than any normal people without them

The woman at the till constantly touches hers to refit it after talking moves it. Then she touches our shopping.
Now we are getting concentrated pathogens of all sorts on our food. Something that would not happen if her mouth was free and uv light could get to it and kill whatever hangs around mouths.

People wearing those incubators of many germs on their chins, spreading it over places nothing would normally get to.

Taking them off, sticking them back in handbags or pockets.

I mean if tou could see the bacteria through a microscope youd be terryfied, and then you are re inhaling them straight into your lungs.

Sounds dreadful. We exhale bacteria that isn't deadly in small doses but if they multiply, people get ill.
Fact. I tested and saw what was in a normal mouth at university and how quickly they multiply. In warm, moist environments especially.

If I were you I'd be worried wearing a stink rag for your own wellbeing. As I said before, those who think they need one can put one on. People are allowed and indeed should be responsible for their own needs. The rest is virtue signalling for invisible good comrade points.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You really should be using a fresh air source with any of those real nasty ones
Car painting, spray on bedliners etc.
Fume boxes for welding etc...with the respirator.
The masks help, but only up to a certain concentration.
Beyond that level, you will die.

Not trying to get too far off topic though

That's not true with the right equipment. Places bigger than me use closed shipping containers for the same work and spend days in those things doing cars.

I have a 3ft fan in my roof to exhaust my shop when needed, but if you wear a proper mask, you cant even smell anything. Every breath is like fresh air.

You should get the P100 I listed and keep it on hand. They actually work.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are absolutely correct about the efficacy of masks. Worse yet, are the number of people wearing bandana/handkerchief masks or other designer masks made of all sorts of materials none of which do anything health-wise. Its a complete joke.

I would also point out that on my watch - you would not be wearing any kind of sealed mask. I ran the plant safety program at my place of employment. I was the top dog on that particular food chain. No one with facial hair would have been approved for wearing any kind of sealed breathing apparatus. The presence of facial hair where the mask seals against the skin is a disqualifying event. No questions asked. No bargaining. No nothing. Its done. Lose the beard or find another job.

That seems extreme but its not. Facial hair averages .004 thickness. That is miles wide compared to the molecular gases or, in this case viruses, that can pass by. The size of a virus can range from .00000007 to .0000039. That means 1000 virus particles could pass by a single facial hair side by side without touching anything.

Yeah, that knitted face mask grandma made will keep you safe...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join