It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Places to Find Food After a Collapse of Society

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
If you're in Tampa, the last place you should go for fish is to the aquarium, right in the heart of downtown. You're literally on the gulf. Plenty of other places to catch fish.
Hooray! Yea I found that odd and strange advice, almost childish.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzazz22

People. people are made of meat. Just go out and hunt bad people liek bandits and robbers. Just remember to throw away the meat on the back near the spine and the head. So you do not go getting the shakes.

Yes this is horribel to think of but if its a choice between starving or not,then corn pop gonna get roasted.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

People. people are made of meat. Just go out and hunt bad people liek bandits and robbers. Just remember to throw away the meat on the back near the spine and the head. So you do not go getting the shakes.

Yes this is horribel to think of but if its a choice between starving or not,then corn pop gonna get roasted.

I'd rather meet my maker without that atrocity under my belt. When game time comes, I'm not so certain you'd hold the same opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Notice i said bad people such as criminals. Also Last resort as well. So thos epeople who were on that mountain in aplane crash should had just died right? Some could say that the bodies were there for them to consume to stay alive and do some works later on in life perhaps?

No i have no compunction if its my life or someone elses the other person is gonna be room temp. I will defend my life until it expires regardless.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

ANYBODY goes for MY cats and I will make a MEAL of them simple as that.

You want protein, Maggots, Insects and there will likely be plenty of those around.

Society goes to pot because some scum bag's are hiding all the food in massive underground vaults then I say Aerosmith them, seriously I would never eat a human being you see we have this little thing called a SOUL.

You want to survive, Worm's, dig them up and eat them, cook them first and they are not as bad as you might think.

But a warning if you are going to catch someone's pet they are not just animals they are part of there family so you better be on the lookout for vengeful and hate filled mommy and daddy coming to get your arse with there own armaments and likely military training.

edit on 7-1-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

ANYBODY goes for MY cats and I will make a MEAL of them simple as that.

A user after my own heart.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuitaristRob

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: anonentity

Don't forget Acorns, if you husk them bash them up and leave them in a running stream for three days all the tannins come out, and you have a full diet, if you boil them and change the water three times you lose the tannins but the starch as well. So the old Indian way is best. Then make them into a nice nutty cake and cook over the fire.

Just last Sunday, my mother and a friend of hers, were talking about how they used to make acorn bread when they were young.

Maybe you are thinking of Acorn Squash Bread But Acorn bread is a thing too.

No. They were dirt poor and they were talking about what they had to do to survive. The talked about collecting the acorns, how to tell the good ones from the bad ones, and how to prepare them.

Not acorn squash bread. Bread made from acorns.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Im lucky to have an ocean near by. Plenty of fish to eat.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Plenty of seagulls at the beach and the county dump. Around here we call them dumpster ducks.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This was one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. I was just reading some of the responses and was rolling on the ground.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: sine.nomine

Notice i said bad people such as criminals. Also Last resort as well. So thos epeople who were on that mountain in aplane crash should had just died right? Some could say that the bodies were there for them to consume to stay alive and do some works later on in life perhaps?

No i have no compunction if its my life or someone elses the other person is gonna be room temp. I will defend my life until it expires regardless.

Yeah, I'd take death. I'm not going to consume another human. Bad lot in life, sure. Cannibal, no.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Let someone know cause your meat can go a long way.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'll just go fishing at the stream or at a lake. Or maybe go out and shoot a rabbit or squirrel for a meal, I live in the country. If things go sour, the deer will all disappear within six months here. I will put in some potatoes around the house to make squirrel soup out of.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Sat Jan 8 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Food? I'm not worried about food. If I don't get tobacco and alcohol I'm going to kill people because of the withdrawl.

Seriously, though, a copy of Euell Gibbons Handbook of Edible Wild Plants would be a handy thing to have.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Don't forget Acorns, if you husk them bash them up and leave them in a running stream for three days all the tannins come out, and you have a full diet, if you boil them and change the water three times you lose the tannins but the starch as well. So the old Indian way is best. Then make them into a nice nutty cake and cook over the fire.

I thought the old Native American experience included leaching with pine needles.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Uhh boy what kind of thread is this..

I got one - your neighbor..

Yeah no # Sherlock we know all this.

Unfortunately in Venezuela with the hyper-inflation it got to the point that people were stealing animals from the zoo. Yeah that won't last too long.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The nuclear plants are the main concern.

Who will maintain them?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The nuclear plants are the main concern.

Who will maintain them?

Most will just go cold,a few might melt down,but not explode like a nuke,just release alot of steam.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join