It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are colors really colors...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Crowfoot

You have lost me now Crowfoot.

Such is the typical nature of all views not one's daily bread; Such views are also as infinite as many see the universe.

In such a vastness of all persuasive space; words or terms like color, universe, and time... are relativities not absolutes, the thing that humans do to each other is try to force everything into absolutes creating inversely; War not the peace they think it will as an ideal.

People fearing such vastness of space; return to that relativity(forms of the senses) again and again missing the absolute(infinite formlessness of space) entirely as it is just as all pervasive.

When that fear of the absolute ceases; it typically arrives as what others see as depression, it isn't depression... It is actually a desire to escape the monotony of others unlimited consciousnesses being pressured upon them in the form of expectation... To know what they know, experience what they experience, which is just as infinite...

When such a thing is impossible in the absolute sense, space and time from others or basically peace is what they need; Not more inane chatter as that is at an extreme often described as stifling or suffocating or needing one's space... saying someone is too loud or intense may help them "get it" for those seeing the relativity in the absolute ideals of exclusivity.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Try to understand that your mind is thinking in relative mode (here, there) whereas the stillness is absolute (everywhere and no where).

Yes Descartes equated fundamental being with thinking. But what proof did he provide that atoms can experience self awareness! There is of cause the problem in attaining information acquired by observation when the observer itself is being questioned. But scientific studies of conciousness during NDE's suggest that nonlocal consciousness is a real possibility. Perhaps one day mainstream will realize that the electromagnetic spectrum is not the only means of connectivity we have with one another.

It's perfectly healthy to be skeptical. Unless that skeptisim arises to protect mental constructs. That in themselves limit the potential of our being.
edit on 8-1-2022 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In an abstract sense, the discussion of color quickly morphs into the age-old question of...if a tree falls in the forest when no one is around, is there any sound?

One could argue that perceived color is almost the exact opposite of the "color" in reality, because the color our eyes see is the color which is reflected off of an object, in other words, the color which is 'rejected' by an object. Consequently, the 'actual' color is everything BUT the color we see. I know, this is a real mind-bender, because one might ask who sees it then? Thus the tree falling in the forest analogy.

Of course, logic would suggest the falling tree absolutely does make a sound, even if there is no one there to 'hear' it, but how do we know this? Well, as an example, explosive charges used to trigger avalanches are usually so distant that no one hears them, yet the shock wave they create does in fact trigger avalanches. A falling tree is no different, just on a smaller scale. But, I digress.

Color, and humans' perception of the same, is a genuinely fascinating topic.

And, in the immortal words of one of the great minds of our time, Forrest Gump..."And that's all I have to say about that."

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
a reply to: fotsyfots

Would you have slapped Morpheus in the red or blue pill question?

What's more interesting is when he asks that question the filming is in black and white and those two pills are the only things in color... the interesting thing is that movie often shifts from color to black and white and it is hardly noticeable if you're into the music dialog or whatever else. There's also people that have what has gotten called "synesthesia" where they taste colors numbers and words etc or other such sense impression blends.

Of course not of the "normal" synesthesia gets called a disorder but meeting some of those people they seemed well adjusted in my opinion just someone that experiences the world differently... like how in the world Japanese people can stand looking at branches cracks in the road etc and not see hundreds of words is something I have yet to ever hear from any Japanese person as a complaint... but if I were looking up at a tree and the limbs were forming words(kanji) in the wind? I'd feel like that overdosed kid leaving the dentist wondering "is this the real life"? For the last time; No we are not going to see Paris or Nicole

But I know what you mean two movies I had to go back and look at when people said they were shot in black and white were Clerks and The Forbidden Zone... I overheard the argument one day at a coffee shop about Clerks and sure enough when I watched it expecting color it was in black and white, I suppose expecting a more modern movie to be in color colorized it the first time I saw it... Then donating for a Forbidden Zone II to be made and saw that a color version of the original was going to be released? I said oh man this is Clerks all over again, always seeing that one in color before then too.

I came close to slapping the dude that was doing the tests at our high school that day ! I thought it was a " gotcha" or candid camera prank for a while before telling him he was full of it & storming out.-I was a hot headed bit of a twat as a 13-14 y.o.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
my good friend is color blind, for real. cant tell between red or green.

it's funny how we use colors so much.

from the written word to songs, paint it black, walking on velvet green, to art. /painting especially.

my mom had a 65 lavander caddie .

blood red sky, oceans blue, black heart etc.

in this plane we all can see the same color. on a "higher" plane"? or under the influence it is more subjective.

ETA; reminds me of a chuckel i got from a line in the big ban theory, Sheldon asked 'do you know how when you see prime numbers, they are red? and when you see sub prime numbers, they are pink and smell like gasoline? lol.

Is your good friend a girl ? Coz that's super rare I'm told.
edit on 9-1-2022 by fotsyfots because: girl being color blind i mean....not that you having a friend thats a girl is rare. Your avatar is hot by way!

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

Those tests reminded me of looking at petri dishes... how many bits of germs in pink meat when looking at it; being the number.

One of them took me a moment when I was little taking it; I almost had to look at it like one of those 3D posters before seeing it. But even for those not considered "color blind" after taking them they're not exactly easy.

I had issues with the hearing test as people were always messing with them when I was little; if it wasn't digging in there with hair pins it was reaming them out with cotton swabs. Plus the person was behind me "Put your arm down I'm not making a sound" well after a half hour of that noise who wouldn't keep hearing that mess... I guess they never saw that as torturing school children having already having had that stuff done at the doctors office.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
midicon

You are assuming light has a purpose. We glean information from all our senses not just visually from light. Everything gives off information because that's what we call the knowledge we glean from the world around us using our brains.

butcherguy

Light isn't the only means of transferring information. You can listen to a telephone in a completely dark room.

Helen Keller could not see or hear, yet she wrote a dozen books. Her information came through her sense of touch.

My two good sirs, respectfully, I think you both missed the point of this conversation entirely, who made any mention of your other senses in particular? I wasn't here to claim vision and light were your only senses...

This topic sure went over your heads and I don't like that, so please let me reiterate my point and maybe we can get somewhere together...I'd be glad to talk about our other senses, but 99.9% of people in the world today use their eyes to tell if the skies are blue and if grass is green. Even a blind person couldn't accomplish that feat.. What you both mentioned is slightly off-topic to this conversation, but let me try to build on it.

As off topic to what you or I have said here and now (at its core), you're just reaffirming the notions I put forward. We use our senses to relay information back to us in order to draw a picture of "reality", the "reality" we see.

What I'M saying, is those information relays we get from our SENSES are not "TRUE" in the sense, but "CREATED" by our senses/mind through electrical reactions (I'm speaking on our eyes because this topic is about illumination/illuminati/luciferianism/light)

Thank you for your insight, even if you weren't aware you were making my point for me

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

However, we do not "see" pure light in our lens, through the spectrum. As light is refracted off a piece of information, it is decepted in nature before it reaches our brain through these programmed responses. The same way you see light different in a prism.

Are you trying to say the sun is speaking to us? Or is light in the eight minute transit from the sun to earth void of information?

Ahhh no sir, not at all. Contrary, the sun is lying to us. Well....our eyes are, not so much the sun.

Remember as a kid, your parents may have had a crystal/glass pyramid prism? Remember shining light through it and the prism catching the light and separating them? When light reaches us, it goes into our eyes where the optical nerve sends an electrical relay back to the brain.

Now what I'm getting at is, the moment it enters your eye, your eye acts like the same crystal prism I mentioned earlier. That light is separated in your eyes lens, thus you don't see the actual "true" color.

For example, some animals/insects can see colors we just cannot. Question to pose to you all, what color would you think is Gods heaven? Blinding piercing white light? If heaven/hell exist, why can't we see them?

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly
Interesting point..

Do you remeber learning about phto-synthesis?

the only reason most plants are green is because this is th eonly wavelength of light that they don't absorb..

It stands to reason that this works with everything..

the only reason colours exist and we can perceive them is because whatever the object is it doesn't absorb that particular wavelength of the spectrum...

Given this, in the dark nothing has any colour...

It's only light that gives things colour..

PA

a reply to: americanbuffalo1

a reply to: LABTECH767

Man...I'd give you ALL boat loads of stars if I could afford it... (everyone)

And this is the material world paradigm.

Like always, absolutely love the philosophical and INTELLIGENT debates AND conversations to be had on ATS.
edit on 12-1-2022 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If heaven / hell is a place where all things are one, you can't see anything. For you to see anything you need contrast, you need opposing forces. If everything is light, how can you distinct anything from anything, same goes for darkness...

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

How do you know it? If you were deaf and saw it fall, if you were deaf and blind and felt it fall... if you were not there? Trust, faith or belief in the person telling you one fell knowing that they do.

The "No one" in this case refers to the senses as in no "one" sense the other sense faculties were... one without any sense wouldn't ask "Where is it for the fire?" ...covering one's eyes is the only valid response to such a question of where the wood is; Where the naivety of trust, faith or belief is not present and actually knowing dominates.

Your eyes are your eyes; I don't need to know what or how they see. Unless you were my servant; not being fond of slavery? We are then both "free" from your eyes... being "ours".

Such is an explanation to all that "eye for and eye tooth for a tooth" nonsense which is only a direct pointing at the need for the penetration of this koan so that one can see reality directly... not as how others would have them "see it".

edit on 12-1-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

How do you know it? If you were deaf and saw it fall, if you were deaf and blind and felt it fall... if you were not there? Trust, faith or belief in the person telling you one fell knowing that they do.

As true as this is, as a lot of people have pointed out thus far, this is not a topic about all your sensations.

This is about light/illumination/prism/3rd eye my good friend.

Your eyes are your eyes; I don't need to know what or how they see.

And this is the fallacy in regards to this subject matter. Knowledge and understanding (a little philosphical spice too) is the key to finding immortality, whether it be in the spiritual realm or in this material realm where you're doomed to reincarnate until your soul can finally pass onto the spiritual realm.

When you die, your energy gets stored back into the Earth (reincarnation), yet what happens to your spirit if you aren't spiritually uplifted? From my study into ancient Egypt and esotericism, we're doomed to reincarnate to "try again" in this "video game" of a reality.

A lot of people believe the Egyptians would preserve bodies and organs of the dead for them to re-use their body after death when they are 'reincarnated'. That's actually a common misconception, more-or-less the body is intended for later-use, but in the spiritual realm. The point of preserving a body in Egyptian paganism was to provide the soul TIME before the body decomposes and is "REINCARNATED" into the Earth, so that the SOUL may enter the City of the Dead, before the 12 Gods of the underworld, to weigh his/her soul against a feather.

Unless you were my servant; not being fond of slavery?

You've contradicted yourself. You're a slave to your eyes in this "prism".

The world you see around you is not the world you're meant to live in as a human animal. Our reality is warped by a LUCIFERIAN prism (false light) to present you an image of the world that is actually false and not true in the truest sense of the word. Our world revolves around electrical impulses and sensations.
edit on J52122 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The relative is the spirit

The absolute is your experience is not that other no matter how much relative spirit there is.

Altering others perceptions from absolute truth to relative truth is the deception.

In seeing? The topic of the OP

I was sitting at a deli entertainment venue... a fellow noticed me in absorption sat down to one side and asked me a question. After answering it... I pointed directly to the ground at our feet and asked "do you know what this is? without telling me"" He said "yeah" and went off on some other conversation for a bit, I said before you go where is what that was... the ground had suddenly risen chin high.

So yeah "we" see the same alright.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I didn't miss the point but you did regards my reply.. You said 'what is the purpose of light?'. I merely told you light does not have a purpose. I also addressed your use of the word 'information' in that context.

Regards your OP, everybody and their granny knows that what we perceive isn't what is. We know it's a sort of internal hologram, a facsimile of reality our minds create. It's no big deal.

The 'All seeing eye' idea with regard to the prism and pyramid is interesting but might not have any legs. I shouldn't have entered this thread. I saw the title but didn't look at the forum.

S+F for the thread

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Been trying to figure out how to respond to this thread for some time.

My exploration of this very concept has led to some pretty ,..lets say interesting rabbit holes, almost to the point I lost my frame of reference entirely. Thats a pretty 'weird' place to be. I try to stay away from there.

But yeah..Red might not be Red…But sometimes too much can be read into that, depending how one reads the question.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cameos
God spoke the world into existence. The Bible indicates that God spoke and said, "Let there be light!" which would indicate that the sound of God's voice existed before light. That leads me to wonder how light is derived from sound.

something seen derived from the unseen:
www.youtube.com...

To further the thought process, some blind people perceive color which indicates that perhaps color isn't necessarily received visually.

“This man, despite his blindness, has retained a vivid memory
of colors. Each note of the scale means for him a very definite
tint. Each human voice produces a luminous vision—pleasant
or otherwise; each odor has its ‘photism’; every vivid sensation,
such as muscular fatigue, toothache, even a hot bath, produces
one. Sneezing brings it on. This sensitiveness would not seem
to be a manifestation of disease.
“To gather further statistics. Dr. Anschutz has radio-broad¬
cast an appeal throughout Germany and has had about 150
replies. Several professors of philosophy have aided him by
making inquiries in their classes. The material thus gathered
proves that ‘ synesthesia ’ or ‘ color-hearing ’ is not so rare as has
been thought, and not necessarily abnormal. He divides coloraudition into
‘analytic synopsy ’—where a color is seen for each separate tone—and
‘synthetic synopsy ’ in which colors are seen only in moving patterns, in
connection with a piece of music.
“Among these latter he distinguishes three types, those that
while hearing much, perceive bright, shimmering colors on un¬
stable surfaces or in moving serpentine lines; those who during
music, and also when they hear violent sounds, see surfaces or
masses slightly colored, moving slowly, detach themselves from
a somber background. A third type perceives images, colorless
or colored, but generally after audition, when at rest, often just
before going to sleep. The same images appear after hearing the
same piece, which differentiates these ‘photisms’ from other
kinds.
“The first laws deduced from the statistics are rather vague;
the color-scales corresponding to the musical scale of high or low
notes follow in general the order of the solar spectrum, adding
black and white. The order generally followed is, black, brown,
blue, violet, red, green, yellow, white. The colors are oftener
in the high than in the low register. While in the latter, one
color corresponds to a musical interval of a ninth, in the
upper register it corresponds only to a fifth. Dr. Hein ex¬
presses this mathematically by a formula based on the cubic
parabola. If each note of the musical scale is represented by a
color, the notes farthest apart from the tonal point of view
correspond to complementary colors. For example, a white
mi requires a black si flat; a yellow la flat corresponds to a violet
mi flat."
ia801001.us.archive.org...
edit on 26-1-2022 by cameos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Everything you see is generated in a place where no light has ever reached.

As we are proceeding to the inner pictures.

Did you know you have peizoluminescent crystals in your pineal gland?
edit on 26-1-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Wow! fascinating, thank you for sharing, Terpene. I found this that compliments my previous post about how blind people perceive color.

The Pineal Gland resonates to the frequency of the B tone, musically. It emits a violet or white color (frequency) and thus is stimulated by these colors or frequencies. Therefore, violet (and purple and indigo) crystals (e.g. Amethyst, Charoite, Dumortierite, Purple Lepidolite, etc.) and clear/translucent crystals (e.g. Opal Aura Quartz, Clear Quartz, Herkimer Quartz, Selenite, etc.) greatly stimulate this gland and help to open it if it is closed. Also, according to scientist Dr Grahame Blackwell, a large number of small crystals have been found in the gland called calcite micro-crystals. They bear a striking resemblance to the calcite crystals in the inner ear, that have been shown to exhibit the qualities of an electric field known as piezoelectricity. If the Pineal Gland [ Penial Gland ] crystals exhibit the same qualities, then this would provide a means whereby an external electromagnetic field might directly influence the brain.

highergifted.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cameos

you`re very welcome, glad you appreciate it.
if you look it up most luminescent phenomenon have very scarse wiki entries. Piezoluminescent is also linked to various psychadelics.
I think this tibit of info is extremly valuable to pull something into the light that has been deliberately kept burried.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   
“The five colours make a man blind, the five tones make a man deaf, because if you can only see five colours, you’re blind, and if you can only hear five tones in music, you’re deaf. You see, if you force sound into five tones, you force colour into five colours, you’re blind and deaf. The world of colour is infinite, as is the world of sound. And it is only by stopping fixing conceptions on the world of colour and the world of sound that you really begin to hear it and see it.”

Lao-Tzu

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Excellent and so true, I would argue this guy was a psychologist even if they did not have one when he quoted that as much as a philosopher and yet practical as well since what he says is exactly right.

We compartmentalize colour under names, sounds under names and package them so we no longer see or hear the detail as we did before we had ever seen or heard them before, it is not that we are blind and deaf however but that we close our eye's and ear's to the many variations wrongly claiming them under a limited range and scope that removed the full flavour of there true nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join