It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires 2nd missile this morning 700km distance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

we are on the brink already

we are one misstep in the east from WWlll today, sadly.

the first shot from any opponent of the US and NATO will be a ASAT attack. If they can take out even part of the communication system the military uses will cause MASS confusion and mistakes that will slow the US and even worse.

and yes GPS and other high value military sats are in high orbits, how did they get there? a missile with only a warhead can get up to those orbits and if not lasers can, and that is assuming other systems aren't already in orbit.

let me ask you, do you think that SDI really ever stopped? it may have been reigned in a bit but it never stopped, what are all these super secret launches carrying. The NRO, NSA or the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) already have saturation so slipping a few asat weapons into orbit on these sats or other wise like the Russians and the sat that released another smaller sat that was un accounted for before launch.

the AF and now Space Force would be negligent if they were not protecting our orbital assets.

systems like BRILLIANT PEBBELS but in a much smaller footprint and more accurate and more devastating hits on targets.

i have seen things camping and even in my back yard when i was watching the sky that zipped around the sky like water on a hot plate

i would love to be on the space station to see what is really going on up there, i think its getting pretty busy.

i would also love to see what that Japanese guy had to sign to go up, and i wonder if they will enforce any times when he has to not be around a window.

SDI obviously never stopped, it is now reality.

(Not fully deployed though)

Did you see what Israel just did with our gear?

The gear they used was among the last parts of SDI to be developed, because it is, by far, the most difficult engineering challenge.

Shooting a bullet with a bullet at nearly 100% accuracy.

THIS is the exact reason ccp & russia are putting maximum effort into hypersonic missles.

THEY already know that their traditional ICBMs are practically useless (actually their missiles are now OUR weapons, since we will be destroying them over their own territory.

Our military sats in extreme orbits have the necessary time to take defensive measures, AND we have 'dark' untargetable backups already in place so we won't have to send them up on rockets AFTER all the low orbit sats are turned into a giant shrapnel field.

THIS is only one part of how we are able to ensure MAD against the planet, while nobody else can say the same about us.

Will we lose some of our high orbit sats?

Possibly, but nobody has anywhere near the capability to remove all of them before their country is glassed.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

As an american I can concur. We are taught details about battles with the japanese during ww2.
I would much much rather have the japanese as an ally not an enemy.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
the north already tasted some of Americas real power when we almost took out kim on that train and when we used a beam weapon to destroy a nuclear refining site

here is a link to a very interesting picture taken at dugway that shows a beam of some sort with balls of lights around it.

wonder what that is

there was 35mm film in the cameras that snapped that pic and they were fogged by radiation and apparently contractors at the site lost their lives to an unexpected spike in power/radiation and made some of the hunters ill.

they said a fog rolled in with a heavy ozone smell and than this beam blasted out of dugway and had all sorts of plasma looking balls of light around it.

i think America has alot more in its preverbal quiver than we can imagine

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Why choosing as an ally someone who has lost all and every war they have fought so far?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

i doubt that

Soule might be a lost cause already if war breaks out

that being said alot of IC chips we NEED for our phones, computers anything with a chip is made there

we also have alot of us service members there if a war on the peninsula did happen Soule would be devastated by artillery and chemical weapons.

norKor uses chemical and nuclear as standard military doctrine so they opening shots would be with these weapons and they might try and get a larger order emp blast high in orbit to degrade NATO's ISR and communications

i believe they might even release bioweapons as the regime collapses

Well if us leaving troops behind in other places to sacrifice them isnt enough proof we would scarifice seoul then i cant help you.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think the issue is that there is currently no way to effectively defend seoul from NK artillery dug into the mountains.

We can defeat the artillery fairly easily, but not quickly enough to prevent major damage to the city.

South Korea has been aware of this for 70 years, and has built enough bunkers for everyone in the city (so they say anyway).

Assuming that the bunkers are plentiful and effective, what we are talking about when saying 'sacrifice seoul' is sacrificing the buildings and infrastructure, NOT the humans.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   

we would have to use MANY nukes along with thermobaric cave crushers

and we MIGHT take out 80% even 20% of the artillery would still kill millions, and the fact we just detonated at least 10-20 tactical nukes 30 miles away from Soule's city center.

If NK attacks' anyone it will be with all they have all at once, and that satellite the launched a few years ago is highly suspect. It would not shock me if they shielded a nuclear device inside it.

look up operation FISH BOWL or ARGUS PRIME launched from Johnston island, we launched multimegaton H-bombs 100's of miles up and killed some of the first ever sats make like TeleStar.

or even a large conventional explosively pumped EMPS, the Russians have them so small they can be fired from a larger tube that a regular RPG, like a US Javelin.

We have them as well and microwave weapons that act like a constant and aim able EMP. We have cruise missiles that we used in DSll that used this tech that helped shut the power down before the shock and awe attack in Iraq.

Microwave weapons can be dialed up to lethal levels a simi large flight of them stealthily flying over the DMZ would cook the men where they sat with their artillery never knowing what hit them

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   

we would have to use MANY nukes along with thermobaric cave crushers

and we MIGHT take out 80% even 20% of the artillery would still kill millions, and the fact we just detonated at least 10-20 tactical nukes 30 miles away from Soule's city center.

If NK attacks' anyone it will be with all they have all at once, and that satellite the launched a few years ago is highly suspect. It would not shock me if they shielded a nuclear device inside it.

look up operation FISH BOWL or ARGUS PRIME launched from Johnston island, we launched multimegaton H-bombs 100's of miles up and killed some of the first ever sats make like TeleStar.

or even a large conventional explosively pumped EMPS, the Russians have them so small they can be fired from a larger tube that a regular RPG, like a US Javelin.

We have them as well and microwave weapons that act like a constant and aim able EMP. We have cruise missiles that we used in DSll that used this tech that helped shut the power down before the shock and awe attack in Iraq.

Microwave weapons can be dialed up to lethal levels a simi large flight of them stealthily flying over the DMZ would cook the men where they sat with their artillery never knowing what hit them

I can't discuss microwave weapons, so will respond as if they don't exist...

In order to destroy the NK artillery fast enough to 'save' Seoul, yes. That was our exact plan at one point.

The plan now appears to be to take out the artillery with conventional forces, allowing them to severely damage Seoul's infrastructure for a while, as long as no nukes are used.

If NK decides to use even a single nuke, NK and china are immediately glassed.

Though joe in the whitehouse might have changed that commitment.

In the event of full scale ww3, WE will immediately destroy ALL low orbit sats so that the shrapnel field will prevent attacks on our higher orbit military sats.

THIS is why ccp & russia put weapons on their sats. Not to attack earth, but so they can reach our military sats after the shrapnel field is created.

Every single penny our adversaries have spent developing technology to take out our low orbit sats was a complete waste of their resources.

ETA - do you happen to know where the spider web cruise missile warheads used against Iraq's electric grid in DS1 were produced?

Don't post here if you do.

I worked in that factory for a while around the same time as part of the surge workforce. We didn't have nearly enough of them in August, but had enough to shutdown ANY grid on the planet by January.

I imagine that we're MUCH better at it now, some 30 years later.

edit on 9-1-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

i see what you did what that first line, i remember a general Peter Pace(ETA not pace but another) giving the same answer.

Genral Pace in a cspan Gulf War ll update was aced about microwave weapons and almost slipped and Rumsfeld cut him off.

i cant find the clip and i cant sift hours of cspan but its there.

here is a link that you have to open in incognito mode to get past the paywall and ad's its from 2002 and talks about secret microwave weapons MIGHT be used in Iraq

link

video of Rumsfeld and the Genral talking about microwave weapons

and i know all about the metal 'ribbon' dropped on power lines and sub stations to short them out. i have some of it in my moms basement in my 'treasure' box of odd things and pictures that cant see the day of light ever.

if i find the cspan video ill post it.

I have been to Soule and they have TONS and TONS of bunkers stocked with bas masks and blast boors and all the rest of survival gear civilians would need to ride out an attack if they can get there.

edit on 9-1-2022 by noscopebacon because: wrong Genral and video added

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   

i see what you did what that first line, i remember a general Peter Pace giving the same answer.

Genral Pace in a cspan Gulf War ll update was aced about microwave weapons and almost slipped and Rumsfeld cut him off.

i cant find the clip and i cant sift hours of cspan but its there.

here is a link that you have to open in incognito mode to get past the paywall and ad's its from 2002 and talks about secret microwave weapons MIGHT be used in Iraq

link

and i know all about the metal 'ribbon' dropped on power lines and sub stations to short them out. i have some of it in my moms basement in my 'treasure' box of odd things and pictures that cant see the day of light ever.

if i find the cspan video ill post it.

I have been to Soule and they have TONS and TONS of bunkers stocked with bas masks and blast boors and all the rest of survival gear civilians would need to ride out an attack if they can get there.

I am VERY familiar with those ribbons, and still have a few fading scars from those 7x12-16 hour work weeks.

I also recall the interview now that you mention it. I rarely watch cspan, so it must have also played on fox (which I watched near constantly at the time while working).

Had my hand slapped pretty good for a few things I discussed in previous ATS visits, so now have a clear list to avoid, and I avoid them without complaint.

Very glad to hear that the Seoul bunkers actually exist, I've never been there and have relied only on Jane's for info on that.

Unless nbc is used, the poor folks in Seoul will have to ride out the storm underground and rebuild after. There just isn't anything else we can do for them.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Russia and china have them as well, and some Scandinavian counties and Israel all have stocked NBC safe bunkers for millions of people, if not all.

makes you wonder why Americans are left to build and stock their own, when i was in Israel( spending a summer with the beautiful women there) EVERYONE even kids had gas masks provided by the government.

[EDIT]

but i was with the rangers one time as their medic hurt his knee, so i went with them as a medic and my 'battle buddy' told me to hang back as we started getting closer to this small group of mud huts and a compound we KNEW who we were looking for was in(damn cell phones, lol) and all of a sudden i saw 2 blue flashes and all the power went out and we did what we went there to do and on the way back home with our prize capture(a bomb/ied maker) he was not awake at that point and i asked my buddy what was up with the flashes and the lights going out and he showed me something that was handheld.

so i believe/know all sorts of DEW are in use.

i saw laser turrets mounted to various ground vehicles, the press was told for IED removal and mortar protection....as well as the ADS(active denial system a microwave weapon) i felt the power of the ADS and once in the beam i had to instantly hop out of it as my skin felt like i was getting cooked and that was on the crowed dispersal mode, i was told that it had killed people but not on purpose apparently and it cooked the few people and even shrunk the exposed part of their bodies shrink! i assume the water leaving shrunk the exposed skin and bones, the crazy par was their lower halves were untouched

edit on 9-1-2022 by noscopebacon because: clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Russia and china have them as well, and some Scandinavian counties and Israel all have stocked NBC safe bunkers for millions of people, if not all.

makes you wonder why Americans are left to build and stock their own, when i was in Israel( spending a summer with the beautiful women there) EVERYONE even kids had gas masks provided by the government.

[EDIT]

but i was with the rangers one time as their medic hurt his knee, so i went with them as a medic and my 'battle buddy' told me to hang back as we started getting closer to this small group of mud huts and a compound we KNEW who we were looking for was in(damn cell phones, lol) and all of a sudden i saw 2 blue flashes and all the power went out and we did what we went there to do and on the way back home with our prize capture(a bomb/ied maker) he was not awake at that point and i asked my buddy what was up with the flashes and the lights going out and he showed me something that was handheld.

so i believe/know all sorts of DEW are in use.

i saw laser turrets mounted to various ground vehicles, the press was told for IED removal and mortar protection....as well as the ADS(active denial system a microwave weapon) i felt the power of the ADS and once in the beam i had to instantly hop out of it as my skin felt like i was getting cooked and that was on the crowed dispersal mode, i was told that it had killed people but not on purpose apparently and it cooked the few people and even shrunk the exposed part of their bodies shrink! i assume the water leaving shrunk the exposed skin and bones, the crazy par was their lower halves were untouched

Thanks for sharing that, and for your service!

15 years ago, correct?

We are MUCH better at just about everything now.

We built the weapons necessary to very quickly WIN ww3, instead of nationwide bunkers that probably wouldn't help many survive it anyway.

Knowing that we would NEVER be interested in starting ww3, but that we would be ensured of a complete victory in the first hour (Reagan's bluff in Iceland).

Hopefully we never have to find out which strategy was more wise.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

I assume you were paying attention to the latest attacks on Israel, and the technology used?

Bet you would have LOVED to have some of that 15 years ago!

12,000 guided cruise or ballistic missiles fired, one hit it's target.

50,000 mortar rounds fired, 16 hit their target.

2,500 RPGs fired, 11 hit their target.

This was the testing grounds for both side's latest weaponry.

ccp and russia learned that every single one of their conventional war plans and weapons were completely useless, at very little cost to us.

Unfortunately, after learning that they were STILL several decades behind, both have stepped up their R&D funding significantly.

Close to bankrupting ccp right now though.

Wish we could have had more of that ready for you in Iraq, we got you everything we could deliver at the time.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

oh yeah we helped make iron dome and the arrow missile.

CIWS also is wild to see work. looks like a bendy laser.

im pretty sure that we use Israel to test mid course to terminal phase interceptions.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   

oh yeah we helped make iron dome and the arrow missile.

CIWS also is wild to see work. looks like a bendy laser.

im pretty sure that we use Israel to test mid course to terminal phase interceptions.

We 'used' them for exactly that (not the first time), AND major elements of our even newer force protection systems that are less sexy, but extremely important to our troops - this was the gear that I was specifically referring to.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   

i mainly delt with Harris gear

i know its now longer harris but you know

Israel is the perfect test spot as it is as real as it gets, if your stuff doesnt work you are SOL and people die.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   

i mainly delt with Harris gear

i know its now longer harris but you know

Israel is the perfect test spot as it is as real as it gets, if your stuff doesnt work you are SOL and people die.

Israel's enemies sure are are helpful, we can always count them for a new test every few years.

The last two were extremely helpful for us.

And absolutely frightening to ccp, russia, and the planet's other warlords.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

It's about how they fight and why.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join