It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novak Djokovic Cleared to Play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The #1 Ranked Tennis player in the World will be in action at the Australian Open..This is a big win for Tennis fans.

It's also a pretty big loss for those claiming safety first in Australia..

$$$$$$$$$

Novak Djokovic announced he will return to the Australian Open to defend his title after receiving a medical exemption from the tournament's vaccine mandate.

In a post wishing his social media followers a happy new year, the top ranked tennis men's player in the world revealed he was granted an exemption to play.

"I've spent fantastic quality time with my loved ones over the break and today I'm heading Down Under with an exemption permission. Let's go 2022!" Djokovic said, with a photo of him next to luggage.

View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Novak Djokovic (@djokernole)

Tournament organizers confirmed Djokovic in a statement was given a "medical exemption" after a review that included two separate independent panels of experts. The experts are made up of doctors from immunology, infection disease and general practice.

Australian Open director Craig Tiley said players, fans and staff at the tournament must be fully vaccinated unless there's a reason why an exemption should be granted.

"Fair and independent protocols were established for assessing medical exemption applications that will enable us to ensure Australian Open is safe and enjoyable," Tiley said in a statement. "Central to this process was that the decisions were made by independent medical experts and that every applicant was given due consideration."

The tournament runs from January 17 to 30.

The 34-year-old Serbian has not said whether he is vaccinated, but last year, he expressed his desire to have "freedom of choice" when it relates to getting a COVID-19 shot.

Djokovic has nine Australian Open titles and won the last three. With another victory in Australia, he can break a three-way tie with tennis greats Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal and win a record 21st Grand Slam singles title.

CBS News

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Yeah, Novax Jokesabitch.

Let's hope he ends up wishing he'd boycotted the comp.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

His Backhand is unmatched..Why the anger?

Your mood say's unafraid but it seems your very afraid..

Seriously though.. he puts some high end top spin on that backhand...

I'll ignore you're wish for I'll health...

Here's to hoping for a final with Nadal..

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   
He hasn't been cleared yet.

He has to present evidence for his exemption to aus authorities.

There has been a big backlash about him being allowed to play.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Are you saying this statement is false?

Tournament organizers confirmed Djokovic in a statement was given a "medical exemption" after a review that included two separate independent panels of experts. The experts are made up of doctors from

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Is there any info on what grounds he was granted the exemption?

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No Vax for Novac!
I am betting he gets sent home..Morrison is already threatening it.

The vax pushers hate this guy-one of the top athlete/sportsmen on the planet not going along with their nefarious schemes?
And still completely healthy?
They just cannot allow that.

Well done for sticking to your principles Novac.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Are you saying this statement is false?

Tournament organizers confirmed Djokovic in a statement was given a "medical exemption" after a review that included two separate independent panels of experts. The experts are made up of doctors from

Yes, after the uproar Australia s pm has got involved and threatened to send him home if there isn't good enough reason.

top topics

join