It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big boom in Pittsburgh not fireworks ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Edit: Mods, Thanks for moving this to The "Fragile Earth` 👍🏼😊

Sat January 1st
Pittsburgh

Last night just after dark New Years Eve. Me and my 2 boys were out on the back deck. There were some fireworks being set off. Not to much but just right. Well there was a low deep boom. It shook my deck and felt it deep in my tissue. My boys 7&8 (Weimaranars) reacted to it. The nearby fireworks didn't bother them.

I feared for a moment that another plane has crashed as it felt old and familiar. Air traffic was busy, and the Dulles, Philadelphia, and anything arriving from the southern areas. So I waited to hear dozens and dozens of Fire Company Tower Sirens to go off.
They did not.

This was very relieving.

So I thought to myself that it must have been either a Picolo Bomb or a Sparkler Bomb. Picolo bombs are explosive placed inside say a POP bottle.
Just skip to the BOOM.
youtu.be...[yvid]

Then you have the sparkler bombs which and are sparklers bunched together wrapped in electrical tape and then set off.

Next thought, natural gas wells and methane pockets. This area is rich in shale and natural gas.
A few years back, there is a road called Saxonburg Blvd. There was a home struck by lightning, the lightning managed to hit a pocket of natural gas in the ground and BOOOOOOMM!!!

The news said that Law Enforcement are investigating a mysterious boom from 11:30AM. In the South Hills area of Pittsburgh. About where I thought came from. Also Ray Petelin the local weatherman,
ftom kdka said he thought it was cool.

Onwards
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

My location vs the sound I heard and felt. I'm 12 miles from the blast heard this morning. But I heard it last night. I'm the bold blue dot compared to where the sound supposedly. Bethel park area is the suspected source.(considered South Park).

Thanks for my ramblings

There's more but I'm rushing out thr door. Didn't want to forget this, though after feeling that deep deep explosive bass... yeah I won't forget that.

Any suggestions other than the ones I mentioned? Home made fireworks, natural gas pocket?
edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: A century ago, two brothers decided it was possible to fly. And as you can see, they were Wright.

edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: When I die, I want to be cremated. It’s my last chance to have a smokin’ hot body.

edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Meteor Eyed as Cause of Pittsburgh-Area Boom, Shaking Ground
The National Weather Service says an exploding meteor is likely the cause of a loud boom and shaking ground reported on New Year’s Day across portions of suburban Pittsburgh.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: Bigburgh

Meteor Eyed as Cause of Pittsburgh-Area Boom, Shaking Ground
The National Weather Service says an exploding meteor is likely the cause of a loud boom and shaking ground reported on New Year’s Day across portions of suburban Pittsburgh.

www.usnews.com...

I saw nothing! That was last night? Holy Crap!
Edit: ok that was from this morning that one I did not hear, though I was up since 6:30. Thanks so much as always

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The National Weather Service suspects a meteor? Who is the NWS spokesperson?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There was a flash picked up by GOES-16 that wasn't associated with any storms.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ray Petelin at kdka.com pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...
Will show the green radar steak from this morning.

He also is suggesting that this meteor showers. But wow what a boom.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

OK...that explains it. E.T.'s ringing in the new year from above.

It's a relief to know the head NWS guy wasn't stoned, as I first suspected.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Re: pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

This doesn't match your time frame. What you heard has yet to be identified. You also have 2 witnesses to collaborate your recollection as being accurate.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Thanks😊
Radar blip.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

OK...that explains it. E.T.'s ringing in the new year from above.

It's a relief to know the head NWS guy wasn't stoned, as I first suspected.

That bliping flash

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Re: pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

This doesn't match your time frame. What you heard has yet to be identified. You also have 2 witnesses to collaborate your recollection as being accurate.

Im rushing at the moment, apologies. Others heard it, good. This was not the Boom you'd hear with a standard end of a fourth of July 6 incher. This felt like a.... 3 of these

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ok my tablets wigging out..

So it's agreed on that this was a meteor. Came down over Collier Twp, south of Pittsburgh. This is actually the direction i heard the boom. Someone said a it a sonic boom as it broke apart.
That was this morning at 11:30am.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Unexplained ‘Boom’ Startles Pittsburgh Region, NWS Says Meteor Explosion ‘Most Likely’ Explaination

So we're in a meteor shower right now. Even visible in the day.
earthsky.org...

Quadrantid meteor shower, always the year’s first shower. The new moon on January 2 will rise and set with the sun and be absent from the night sky, leaving it dark for meteor-watching. The Quadrantid meteor shower peaks around 21:00 UTC on January 3, 2022 

G'zus!
The sky is falling!!

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Update for science.

I think it's pretty damn amazing that withing less than 17 hour pretty much in the same area.

Long version!👍🏼🤣🤗

ffeewwvwweeeeeee that wat close.

I remember the satellite colision that was supposed to happen over Pittsburgh....
Gotta find the....

Edit: Got it
thought i made a thread last year. The black square is the actual photograph of the night sky.

Hmm.. where'd that thread go? 😊😊
edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: After an unsuccessful harvest, why did the farmer decide to try a career in music? Because he had a ton of sick beets.

edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: What does a baby computer call his father? Data.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I blame Donald trump

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I blame Donald trump

The boom wasHYUUUUUUGE
edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: It's easy to convince ladies not to eat Tide Pods, but harder to deter gents.

edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: A panic-stricken man explained to his doctor, “You have to help me, I think I’m shrinking.” “Now settle down,” the doctor calmly told him. “You'll just have to learn to be a little patient.”

edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: What do you call a bundle of hay in a church? Christian Bale.

edit on 1-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: What is a guitar player's favorite Italian food? Strum-boli. How does cereal pay its bills? With Chex.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
if it had happened here, likely no one would have even noticed it with all the fireworks going off. and it's nothing even remotely close to the amount that used to go off up until a few years ago. so many fireworks back then you didn't want to be on the road. far too hazardous between people setting off the fireworks on pretty much every road, almost every several feet it seemed. from those shooting high into the sky, "volcano" types that sent out fire several feet high, to huge ones to go BOOM. as well as the smoke from it all so thick. it was like a thick fog, even far away from fireworks being set off.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

edit on 1/2/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join