It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer signs bill so non-teaching staff can work as subs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that teaching is one of the more noble callings.

I know the satisfaction of helping a nearly 80 year old man to read was incredible. But trying to herd a group of children in the same direction is not something I'd be very good at--if only because of my temperment.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Now maybe we get real life stories of students taking over the teachers as the acorns roll uphill 👁‍🗨👃👁‍🗨

x marx the spot 🕳️🥥

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah, I am sure the teachers are NOT happy. They probably wanted to do online again.

That’s no lie! The year my 2 boys had remote schooling for the remainder of the year said it was terrible. They would be done with their entire day in 2 hours, then meet with their teachers for 5 minutes occasionally. All the work was stuff they had already done. I had the thought of holding them back a year but they’re both in high school so it was a weird situation at their age.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Nyiah

You know, for all the pull the teacher's union has....
You would think they would have a big problem with this.

Think about it. They went to college and got a degree, then got their teacher's certificate so that they could begin a career teaching students, and they have bus drivers and custodians doing their job now???

I can only imagine the reason they AREN'T having a problem with this is because they are STILL paying the teachers while they are off work. Are substitute teachers required to belong to Unions???? I don't think so. But the taxpayers are really on the hook for some unplanned extra dough from the last couple of years.

Personally, I think this is a good idea, if they are NOT going to continue paying the teachers. It won't do the Union any favors and maybe the teachers will re-think their jobs. But so far, I believe the teachers have been getting paid to not do their jobs. I hope the smart people from Michigan have moved on. Their tax burden on people living there must be unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, if the person teaches with a smile and the students are smiling, cool.
It's like how we teach our own children till a certain level.
Teaching in the classroom is an art and a craft.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This makes me happy and sad I left teaching. I loved getting students to think critically and question, question, question and never just accept "because..." That was my social studies classroom.

But I'm happy I left because of the political bs being inserted and the demand put on teachers. School boards aren't guaranteed to have your back same with administration. You could be an award winning educator but if parents don't like what you're teaching they can band together and get you fired. I've seen that happen a few times to colleagues who taught much like I did. So who can blame educators for leaving when you never have what you need, you're promised raises, supplies, etc. And in the end you usually have to buy the supplies yourself, never reimbursed, constantly underfunded , blamed for said underfunding, blamed for all the woes, parent pressure, and no admin support. Yeah I'd love to work in those conditions.... Now you can't even get subs... should tell you everything you need to know about the state of education. And remember our governments knew of these impending problems. None of this was a secret or surprise. What exactly are they using our money on, because solving the problems in the states doesn't seem to be on the list of concerns...

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Doesn't this just prove that anyone can be a teacher and that they aren't some "elite" class of educators?

Not educators,but indoctrinators, a job anyone can do.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Doesn't this just prove that anyone can be a teacher and that they aren't some "elite" class of educators?

Not educators,but indoctrinators, a job anyone can do.

But preferably when wearing an NKVD uniform.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I guess the dumb Whitmer have no problems helping bring up the next wake generation of dumb idiots, anybody can teach this days as long as they follow the dumb the young agenda.

Hell bring Antifa and BLM to teach in rat holes democrats strong holds.

This is how you change the face of America with a generation of idiots,

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It’s not teaching per say any longer. They’re given mandated NWO playbook to just read to kids. So yes, in a sense, anyone will do. Yes, mamabeth, you have it 100% correct. All their ‘lesson plans’ etc. are all laid out nice and neat for them. And you don’t dare deviate from it.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I work for a large school district. Subs are in EXTREMELY HIGH demand. Most districts are offing $$$ signing bonuses as well as retention perks.
Nothing suspect about this

My friend is a sub in VA and she said the pay is really good right now. I personally wouldn't sub no matter how much you pay me, not with todays kids.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Here in the metro Detroit area...used to need 90 credit hrs ..I subbed myself.

Teacher shortage here is real.

Oh, we have teachers...lotz....they just cant put up w of class size, room full of masked little people...and make more $, better conditions, hours, benefits delivering food for GrubHub
edit on 12215531America/ChicagoThu, 30 Dec 2021 10:17:55 -060017202100000055 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I personally wouldn't sub no matter how much you pay me, not with todays kids.

In my experience the majority of the kids are OK. The parents on the other hand...............

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join