It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super typhoon hits the Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This year is not ending too well for us in Asia .
Over 200 killed, 300,000 displaced after typhoon Rai hits the Philippines.

And we still have some days left. Also as I mentioned one is heading toward Honk Kong and its to be a big one.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That’s horrible, I hope they bounce back bigger.

a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I dont like the WION bitch. She's fake or dumb. Philippines are very prone to natural disasters due to climate change? Yeah, since the ancient times. She's into vaccines too. A wannabe Indian CNN lady. Something between Al Jazeera, RT and CNN. I dont care to witness her promising career

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
latest count, 375 dead, 50 missing.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

the "typhoon" heading to Hong Kong, is the same one that hit the Philippines, and far from being a "big one", it is not even technically a typhoon any more, just a tropical storm now. where when it made landfall in the Philippines it was a category 5.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
been seeing a lot of heavy damage on the news.in one case a video of the roof of a small stadium people were sheltering in being torn off. they obviously saw there was an issue since no one was in that area. and just before it gets stripped off by the wind, you can see flashlights on it as they seemed to be checking it out.

also a lot of water and food shortages in the affected areas, as well as gas, propane (many people use propane,from propane cylinders (and that includes me), for cooking) shortages. and power electricity is out in many areas. and if i got it right (my tagalog isn't the best and it flashed on the screen fast), it seems over 1 million people homeless. with their homes being destroyed. and many won't get what they need for weeks. it seems that here like much of the world, only small areas receive most of the aid, especially from non profit organizations in the short term.with almost all help only getting to those where the TV crews/reporters are, and completely ignores everywhere else. from Yolanda a friend was with some doctors that had been in the country on a mission trip, rented a boat to get to the devastated area. they were turned away, since there was just so much help where they first went (one of the bigger cities). so they left and decided to check other areas.they found the very first place they tried outside of that publicized area, were desperate for any help, since not one government or NGO person had even checked on them. they made several more stops after giving what help they could, and found that everywhere they stopped, people were in severe need of help. yet all that overflowing help, was only being given to that one area. and when it comes to all those needing homes, if they don't do it themselves, they could have to wait and be living in tents, for at least FIVE years, based on the way it worked after Yolanda, with the storm in 2013,and people i know finally getting their house built in 2018 or 2019.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a couple things with some pictures.

weather.com...

www.npr.org...

new topics

top topics

join