It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another UK Child Death Through Deliberate and Wilful Neglect.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

... Maybe couples will need to be assessed before they decide to have children to see if they would make good parents or not? Similar to what happens with Adoptive parents?

So, you like the idea of the same government whose Social Services sector was supposed to prevent this from happening having the power to decide who can and can't have children?

A little slow on the uptake, aren't we?

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm with you on this point......anyone who would look away from a bruised up child and write it off is a POS and money wouldnt solve it. Christ....look at councils and council workers ffs.....they all have renters mentality.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Everytime this happens there are "enquiries" after which we are told "lessons will be learned" and yet, here we are once again, and so soon after the last one. Underfunding and mismanagement are at the root I suspect, but maybe if managers and staff weren't quite so tied with hitting targets, defining protected characteristics, and training on how not offend every special group, less of this might happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
Everytime this happens there are "enquiries" after which we are told "lessons will be learned" and yet, here we are once again, and so soon after the last one. Underfunding and mismanagement are at the root I suspect, but maybe if managers and staff weren't quite so tied with hitting targets, defining protected characteristics, and training on how not offend every special group, less of this might happen.

Yes. Safeguarding is meant to be the priority.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Decades of funding squeezes.
Institutionalised covering of arses and box ticking.
Too many do-gooders putting the care and concerns of the abusers before the safety and well being of the abused.
Fear of retribution in cases of interventions ultimately deemed unnecessary and accusations of Social Workers over reacting and interfering in people's lives.

All of these contribute to these hugely distressing cases.

But at the end of the day the ultimate responsibility lies with those pieces of # who commit these acts.

I honestly don't know what to add that I, and so many others, have already said sadly far too often.

Truly heartbreaking.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Maybe couples will need to be assessed before they decide to have children to see if they would make good parents or not? Similar to what happens with Adoptive parents?

It always surprises me that this doesn't happen. Obviously, genetic proximity gives you carte blanche to do what the hell you like.

Thing is, they may come across as very good willing married couple or just co-habitating at the interview but once they get the go ahead... they can always change...

So... I'd say although it's a good way to weed out the bad parenting folk... could always be faked at the interview stage!

Just had a thought.... maybe the stage is set for couples to have cams in their homes watching them 24/7... linked to some security/child services offices??

I think that might just be a step too far?

Why stop at couples, why not everyone?

After all, if you have nothing to hide?

🧐

Don't give them ideas like that!

Its probably not too far away from reality...

Wouldn't be surprised if its in use in North Korea or China

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah it's sickening. It happened back end of 2020..a reply to: Granitebones

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So, minimum sentence of 25 years for murder and 8 years for causing or allowing the death of a child, and after serving two thirds she will be out on licence.

It's not enough. The Sentencing Guidelines need changing. They bind the hands of the judiciary. Those two were equally evil. Here they are:

www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk... -to-die/

edit on 15-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If she serves that sentence to the last minute she'll be younger than I am now on release.

What happened to 'life meaning life'?

And what's the purpose of calling a sentence that isn't that 'life'?

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yes, but it wasn't life, it's a minimum of 25 years. I doubt she will be out after that.

She will have a huge target on her back inside anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It is a life sentence with 25 years being the minimum term. As opposed to a whole life order.

Again I ask, why call a sentence 'life' when it often isn't? The average length of a life sentence before early release is 15 years. www.prisonphone.co.uk...

Rhetorical question, I wasn't asking you necessarily.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

It is a life sentence with 25 years being the minimum term. As opposed to a whole life order.

Again I ask, why call a sentence 'life' when it often isn't? The average length of a life sentence before early release is 15 years. www.prisonphone.co.uk...

Rhetorical question, I wasn't asking you necessarily.

Not defending it but it was minimum of 25 years. Not life. It's worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join