It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe tornado outbreak going on right now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I am convinced and am constantly discussing with these meteorologist about terrain being a factor. Mostly it is not a factor so they tend to not think like this. But some features like the Rocky or Appalachian mountains do some observable things to weather fronts and that was my basis for the theory. Unique places exist where vortex storms seem to pop up more than others like Alabama or Arkansas tend to do year round. I also think the opposite that there are areas where vortex's have trouble forming because several surface features disrupt the natural organization of the updraft needed to make the dangerous cloud formation occur. So far, I am stacking up proof and crickets. We will revisit it at the company Christmas dinner I have some recent observations we can discuss.

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I doubt the US is the only place they get 'em.

But it wouldn't surprise me is the US gets the most. But I honestly don't know...brb.

Tornado numbers...

Apparently, the US leads by an incredible margin over the rest of the world. Well over a thousand reported tornados, while the rest of the world is less than 100 reported...

wow.

That particular area is called 'Tornado Alley' for a reason.

so you never heard of the wild rocky mt tornado?

we use to get a lot of inversion. tho, nice for skiing. it would be warm up top and cold at the bottom.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The Great Lakes do make things difficult to some degree. I recall one year where there was an unusual amount of ice on the lakes, so they took forever to thaw, and the ice on the lakes kept a lot of the midwest cooler by default through much of the summer.

where i was in the rockies, clear and cold took on a new meaning.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, IIRC it was around 2014.
Last time we had a long, true winter, lots of snow and cold, few Ice storms.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Love that!!!
I remember some early summer day, 20% chance of rain.
Well, a cloud say over our small area for about an hour or so.
We got well over an inch of rain.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You were asking about the weather guy, but here's another source who's not bad:

YouTuber DirectWeather does forecasting that's more across the country. He's not bad either.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I saw that, poor people. They are still looking for missing people. In a candle factory there were like 168 people working and most are still unaccounted for? May God have mercy on these poor people. Our prayers are with those who lost loved ones, and lost everything.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thread for upcoming weather events in the Midwest.
Thanks ketsuko

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join