It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Cops Walk out in this city Now Residents are scared

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In this episode of JAGstom’s I told ya SO!! Once again, like San Francisco, Like Illinois, Like so many other places.
BE Careful what you ask for you just might get it. Oh, and when you do get it, we don’t want to hear you whiners!

www.kshb.com...

ORRICK, Mo. — The town of Orrick, Missouri, off of Highway 210, is currently without a police department after all their officers walked out on the job.

Orrick's city attorney, Kevin Baldwin, confirmed that the police chief along with all other officers quit, but didn’t provide a reason as to why.

The city said it’s been a month without them and the town's police department is currently not operating

Blyth said she now feels unprotected.

Well DUH she feels unprotected. Now she can pay for protection another way, through thugs.
Yes yes some cops are bad, blah blah blah, but did anyone really believe the defunding the police would lead to a society with
LESS crime? Actually there are some idiots that believed that. They are now being robbed and are all surprised! LOLOLOLOL

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HA

The only good thing this could possibly bring is that people will REALLY realize why we always need to be able to defend ourselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I liked this part...

www.kshb.com...

40 hours that's less than 2 complete days...
Sure it's just a town of just 900 people, but with all the turnover and them leaving at once, Id bet they found higher-paying jobs elsewhere

In the meantime, it’s contracted with the Ray County Sheriff’s Office to provide coverage for 40 hours a week.

edit on 8-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It's not giving a reason why all two full time cops quit. Is there any more info?

edit on 8-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's not giving a reason why all two full time cops quit. Is there any more info?

This is a small town, with a few full time and part time police, but this is happening in so many places.
Not just with police either, fire fighters, ems.
People in public service have been vilified.
A lot of them also don’t get paid crap. In some cases they might be able to make more in fast food right now.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
other source
Sounds like there is more going on here. It isn't the first time, from what I read from different sources, and if everyone is so worried, why are they still waiting to sign the contract for the other police department to be able to patrol the streets?

I think this is about something else.

Crazy though.
edit on 8-12-2021 by chiefsmom because: add source

edit on 8-12-2021 by chiefsmom because: Arrgggg

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Sounds like there is more going on here. It isn't the first time, from what I read from different sources, and if everyone is so worried, why are they still waiting to sign the contract for the other police department to be able to patrol the streets?

I think this is about something else.

Crazy though.

Maybe but it’s happening everywhere

www.koin.com...

‘This is anarchy’: PPB fighting crime, resignations

www.npr.org...

Cops Say Low Morale And Department Scrutiny Are Driving Them Away From The Job

edit on 8-12-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like one of them ended up at a university, according linkedin

edit on 8-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Maybe they left because there is zero chance of promotion and maximizing their earnings, you're speculating as to why the two of them quit.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Looks like I was correct in this person's case.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Are their really zero cops patrolling that town now?

If so,its not great that they announed the fact-I would not like to be working in a bank or anywhere they deal with lots of cash/high value items in that town now.
What an opportunity for the criminal element!

I've probably watched too many heist movies.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStormBlyth said she now feels unprotected.

Or she feels unobserved. Do they still have ambulance? Fire? I don't see the issue. Everything behaves differently when its being watched. So its only logical that there would be an adjustment period. Maybe she should get a gun, set some traps, chickens are actually pretty good guard animals. If you can't secure it yourself, then plan to lose it. Shows over. No more image/mirage. And as Ellen says.."Take care of Yourselves, and Eachother.
edit on 8-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: oh because

edit on 8-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: and..cuz

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Maybe they left because there is zero chance of promotion and maximizing their earnings, you're speculating as to why the two of them quit.

I am speculating, but I don’t ever recall reading about a shortage of cops ever in my lifetime.
So what changed?

Yes these two, and their part time counterparts may have left for better earnings. However, it is silly to think there weren’t other societal factors in play. Some of the other links I posted go much more in depth as to why police are leaving the force.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I would expect in a situation such as this the state police would step in. The only other time I've heard of something like this was a police force being suspended over a lot of missing evidence and staters stepped in there.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just 900 people living there.

Where i live there is 19 000 and we don´t have police department in our town either. Our small police department ( only few officers ) here was closed almost 20 years ago. When needed next city police gives help but there is not so much crime here either ( reason why it was closed ) usually they are needed when there is a traffic accidents.

Hubby just corrected me here is 23 000 ppl.
edit on 8-12-2021 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I am speculating, but I don’t ever recall reading about a shortage of cops ever in my lifetime.

There are plenty of smaller towns here in New Jersey that had and now no longer have police forces, the NJ State Police cover these towns. Most of them are very small and are in Warren, Sussex and Gloucester Counties. It's been a thing for some time as the small towns don't have the tax base to pay competitive salaries and benefits.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Oh man, all both of them quit?

Where's the speed trap money gonna come from?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
In this episode of JAGstom’s I told ya SO!! Once again, like San Francisco, Like Illinois, Like so many other places.
BE Careful what you ask for you just might get it. Oh, and when you do get it, we don’t want to hear you whiners!

www.kshb.com...

ORRICK, Mo. — The town of Orrick, Missouri, off of Highway 210, is currently without a police department after all their officers walked out on the job.

Orrick's city attorney, Kevin Baldwin, confirmed that the police chief along with all other officers quit, but didn’t provide a reason as to why.

The city said it’s been a month without them and the town's police department is currently not operating

Blyth said she now feels unprotected.

Well DUH she feels unprotected. Now she can pay for protection another way, through thugs.
Yes yes some cops are bad, blah blah blah, but did anyone really believe the defunding the police would lead to a society with
LESS crime? Actually there are some idiots that believed that. They are now being robbed and are all surprised! LOLOLOLOL

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HA

The only good thing this could possibly bring is that people will REALLY realize why we always need to be able to defend ourselves.

Nope. They will just double down on stupidity and insist that all guns are bad too so we have to get rid of them, starting with our own. Remember, it was some democrat, maybe pelosi or feinstein, who said, "If we all get rid of our guns criminals will realize they are the only ones with guns and they will get rid of theirs too."

This is the level of intellect it takes to defund police then be surprised that you are no longer protected....by police...

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Maybe something is up in Missouri??

hamodia.com...

NEW YORK - The entire police department of the city of Kimberling, Missouri, resigned, leaving the city scrambling to find officers. The police cited low pay and more support from the city, the Hill reported. Kimberling City Police Chief Craig Alexander resigned on Aug. 23 over clashes with the mayor over what he saw as insufficient support, and wanting new opportunities with better benefits. He was followed by three officers and a sergeant, who said they quit over the absence of a police clerk to assist the department, the lack of qualified officers, and seeking positions with more incentives.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Bus loads of criminals being chartered and heading that way !!!😨

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Oh man, all both of them quit?

Where's the speed trap money gonna come from?

Maybe they should have set one up prior to quitting, it would have helped to have revenue so you can ask for a raise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join