It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D-Printed Suicide Capsule "Passes Legal Review" In Switzerland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS.

I was wondering which forum to pop this is as there is no conspiracy here. Indeed, for once we have 100 % transparency ...

"Some 1,300 people died by assisted suicide in Switzerland in 2020 using the services of the country’s two largest assisted suicide organisations, Exit (no connection to Exit International) and Dignitas. The method currently in use is ingestion of liquid sodium pentobarbital.

After taking the drug, the person will fall asleep within two to five minutes before slipping into a deep coma, followed soon afterwards by death. Sarco offers a different approach for a peaceful death, without the need for controlled substances."

www.zerohedge.com...

Shades of Futurama anyone??

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

If that's how someone wants to go out that's on them, far better than jumping off a building or blowing their brains out.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed but someone is obviously putting a lot of thought into this.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sign me up!!

link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Agreed but someone is obviously putting a lot of thought into this.

Better than less thought and a painful exit.

link   

I don’t have an issue with “assisted suicide” under reasonable circumstances
Assist my mother in her suicide at her request if it wasn’t murder, big pharma has no issue of keeping her alive well after life is beyond comfortable and now miserable for her
Don’t want to cross that line

Prolong the inevitable, not logical

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Horrible for many reasons.

Depressed and feeling suicidal, when a nation becomes fixated on Assisted Suicide it stops trying to save the suicidal, even safeguards put in place such as psychologist assessments are not likely to stop what is a hideous new industry.

One of the very first things the NAZI's did was to introduce Euthanasia, what is the link?.

They used it to kill or assist with the suicide of the chronically ill, the disabled, the mentally challenged and anyone they deemed sub human and this was the first murderous step toward the death camp's.

Normalizing suicide makes it more likely to happen.

In my opinion as someone whom tried several times when I was younger if someone is going to commit suicide they should NOT put the burden onto other people but do it themselves, not damn someone else soul as this lot are doing.

And Suicide is NEVER the answer.

My opinion is that it is patently wrong.

It is just Eugenics and Nazism finding way to clear the way for itself to come back but then again we DO have a German in charge of the EU that apparently wants to scrap certain laws made after WW2 meant to stop unethical medical and government practice AND after WW2 a British man of some status was told by a former NAZI General whom was then working in the German Government that while they had lost the second world war they would WIN the third world war and that one was going to be an economic war, they just took there time and are now starting to show there true colours.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think people should have options on the way they die.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If that's how someone wants to go out that's on them, far better than jumping off a building or blowing their brains out.

NO it is NOT, better they take there OWN Bloody lives than implicate someone else even of that someone else is willing to take there life for money.

Also they are doing the guy with the mop and bucket out of a job and that is just downright stingy of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Comparing this to “Nazism” ?
Might not be accurate, might be but, what is your evidence
Didn’t read that in the link

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

When I read capsule I thought you could buy a pack of ten or something but on reading the article my first thought was...who gets to tidy up?
Do you just stay in it and get buried or is it a rental where someone collects it later and does the last part for you?

Will someone be driving a big lorry round doing collections like the bin men?

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
NO it is NOT, better they take there OWN Bloody lives than implicate someone else even of that someone else is willing to take there life for money.

Who's implicated if this is legal?

We do the same for our beloved pets, people deserve the same level of dignity if that's what they want.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If all parties agree it should be nobody elses business.

Funny how we don't give a crap about people , unless they want to die , then everyone and their grandmother comes out of the woodwork to object.

edit on 7-12-2021 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

My response is the same as I made on another site.

A scene straight out of "Soylent Green".

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Switzerland has one of the highest suicide rates in the world... Japan is still leading that chart.

It's not like a drive trough... They won't help if its psychological only. There is quite an intensive program you go trough to be admitted...

My gramps just went trough exit less than a year ago, he was about to die and did not want to hang in there vegetating his last days, he did not want us to have memories of a vegetable, but of a man that died with honor...
No condolences, he was a prick... But I respect his decision.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

It's not like a drive trough... They won't help if its psychological only. There is quite an intensive program you go trough to be admitted...

That's not what their goal is though. They want to make it a completely automated process.

Currently a doctor or doctors need to be involved to prescribe the sodium pentobarbital and to confirm the person’s mental capacity. We want to remove any kind of psychiatric review from the process and allow the individual to control the method themselves.

Our aim is to develop an artificial intelligence screening system to establish the person’s mental capacity.

www.zerohedge.com...

Even though I personally believe that anyone should have the right to kill themselves if that's what they want, regardless of their reasons, there is still something unsettling about giving an AI the power to make the final approval/denial.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

If all parties agree it should be nobody elses business.

Funny how we don't give a crap about people , unless they want to die , then everyone and their grandmother comes out of the woodwork to object.

Funny that society encourages killing the unborn who can survive outside the womb without assistance, even a healthy full term baby with a healthy XX parent, some even call it a right of passage for women. So why get upset about handing people a pill that will take their lives? I see no difference at all. "My body, my choice" Isn't that the mantra, what is the difference, well, none at all, regardless of the reason, even if they just don't want to live anymore with nothing wrong or upsetting going on in their lives. After all, killing for no reason at all if it is "my body, my choice" is not just a right, it is a societal sacrament. Liberals and progressives should see this as a new sacrament for their supporters.

edit on 12/7/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I hope it is never normalized, this is depressing.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I didn't read that far. That's a little scary indeed.

Nevertheless if one wants to die id rather have him go like that than to jump in front of a train, which damages at least the train driver and possibly everyone at the next train station.

Once I saw a train moving into the station that hit a horse on the road, that was not a pleasant look, nobody should be confronted with that. So if we can get it off the street good less innocent people will get traumatised...

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Reminds me of an oversized George Foreman low fat grill machine.

Maybe everyone will end up having one in the kitchen but never actually using it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join