It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D-Printed Suicide Capsule "Passes Legal Review" In Switzerland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It's an exercise of free will and as such is always just.

It's a sinful act of self-entitlement and depraved indifference to someone else's pain to demand they continue to live in a state of suffering just to make you feel better.

I would argue anyone who has gone into even the shallow end of spirituality should be able to accept a loved one's death because they should know that the state of being alive is temporary and as an immortal soul you will see each other again.

Sheeple who bleat on and on about it being a crime, a sin, a horrible travesty upon the precious snowflake emotions of others really sicken me.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There you go. Soylent Green. Most of that movie was pretty outrageous but that one bit was nice, except of course that it was a food processing plant. But the idea that one might go to a nice place and be treated kindly and allowed a short time of comfort and peace before shucking this mortal coil stuck with me. It set me on a binge of thinking of ways to make it into a business.

One I came up with was for a small price letting old folk join you on an airplane flight up over the ocean, say fifty miles out or so. Then once they have taken their drug that would allow them a few more minutes of consciousness, jump out of the plane with them and let them enjoy weightlessness for a few moments before passing out and ''splat'' into the drink.

No fuss no muss, no casket no pain no nothing but fish food.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

What about the sick? I read a story of someone so sick and plagued by pain, over 70 years old. He had to travel to Switzerland, and was too weak to take the pill on his own.

He had to travel back, painfully and died shortly after in agony. This chamber could have been brought to him, he could have taken his time and go out peacefully.

I am not advocating for suicide but in his case it was his only way to die in dignity. A few days later, he died in agony. It's easy to rationalize it down to saying suicide is bad.

I think in this position he gave a crap about the bible, he was Catholic. Who are we to judge?

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I used to wonder how that clause even got into some religious texts. Why would anyone insist on keeping people who wanted to leave here alive. It came up in my head that that rule was written in to keep slaves, mostly, alive. Gotta keep those slaves living so they can work. Can't have em coping out and leaving those pyramids unfinished.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Did you ever see Dances With Wolves? One scene when the tribe was about to depart for winter quarters, the old grandma told her family that she would not be making the trip with them this year, that her time had come. So they had a going away gathering and off she went, by herself to the sacred burial grounds. As I recall she set herself into a hammock and allowed herself to pass over.

I don't remember much else about that movie, but that one scene remains with me. What a wonderful approach to passing.
At 75 this idea of making a choice, of setting a course, of finding a place for peaceful reflection on my life is becoming more important every day.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't know if it's changed these days but a while ago, when you had to phone the dole office here, you would be put in an automated queueing system.
The music they played always reminded me of Soylent Green. I think it was Vivaldi, though.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We do the same to our most heinous criminals and people cry about how cruel it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We do the same to our most heinous criminals and people cry about how cruel it is.

That really isn't the same thing. We euthanize our pets out of compassion, we euthanize criminals as punishment.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The last time I went to the doctors office for a physical. . .

MY WIFE: Pull the plug.

ME: Honey, they're just taking a blood pressure, I'm fine.

MY WIFE: It's like I can almost hear him.

ME: Honey? I'm right here.

MY WIFE: It's what he wanted! (sobbing)

ME: Ummm, dear?

MY WIFE: I'll be in the car, FedEx the urn.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

Funny how we don't give a crap about people , unless they want to die , then everyone and their grandmother comes out of the woodwork to object.

Similarly, Funny how we don't give a crap about people , unless they want to get high , then everyone and their grandmother comes out of the woodwork to object.

The psychology of society basically is death conscious. Watch the news, netflix, etc - nearly every narrative revolves around killing, death and dying and surviving death. Licences to kill apparently being passed around quite liberally

Especially look at the responses to the "pandemic". People are not living, they are just avoiding dying

edit on 7-12-2021 by HilterDayon because: formatting error

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The word suicide does not give it justice. Sounds easy and acceptable.

I prefer the German word. Selbstmord. Self-murder.

Those who committ suicide, have committed murder.

a reply to: Cymru

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think you bring up an interesting point.

Pulling the plug

With modern day tech we can keep someone alive way past his cerebral capabilities... Some might not want that.

If suicide is not an option you will end up burdening someone else to pull the plug...

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I joke about it as a defense mechanism because the reality is too disturbing.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

NO it is NOT, better they take there OWN Bloody lives than implicate someone else even of that someone else is willing to take there life for money.

If all parties agree it should be nobody elses business.

Funny how we don't give a crap about people , unless they want to die , then everyone and their grandmother comes out of the woodwork to object.

Yup. Way too many people on high horses. Suicide is a personal choice and personal only. My life my choice my death.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Exactly.

If I were to make one of these capsules for you it would look like a full size Golden Corral buffet.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Exactly.

If I were to make one of these capsules for you it would look like a full size Golden Corral buffet.

A full buffet would be the only way you'd get me into one.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That really isn't the same thing. We euthanize our pets out of compassion, we euthanize criminals as punishment.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.

They die the same way, using the same methods. That is the point. If it's cruel and causes undue pain and suffering one way, then it ought to do the same the other. It matters not if you asked for it. So all this talk of going out peacefully and painlessly by people who aren't doing it is hypocritical.
edit on 7-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do that too, it's the most constructive coping mechanism

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

To-may-to, to-mah-to.

They die the same way, using the same methods. That is the point.

Thy are two different things, one is punishment for a crime, the other is to end one's suffering. It's a very poor conflation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join