It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Building Villages on Indian Border in Disputed Territory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
those shy humble meek Chinese are at it again

www.voanews.com...

According to security analysts, China has built more than 600 villages on its border all along the 3,488-kilometer Line of Actual Control stretching from eastern Arunachal Pradesh in the east to Ladakh. They say the construction in remote mountain areas is part of a larger strategic goal to reinforce China’s territorial claims along disputed Himalayan frontiers.

“The Chinese are building villages possibly for billeting and locating their civilians or for the military in the future all along the LAC, particularly after the recent face off that we have had,” Indian Chief of Defense Staff Bipin Rawat said on Thursday speaking at a media event.

so are these human shields being pre-positioned for future use?
or just a highly populated country looking to house its citizens?

I hope India is patient with what could start WWIII. I see no help or support from the 'Internationale Community'.

Both countries have beefed up military deployments all along the Himalayas, including Arunachal Pradesh. India says it is also focusing on improving infrastructure to meet the country's security requirements.

“The government is committed to the objective of creating infrastructure along border areas for improvement of livelihood, including in Arunachal Pradesh,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Bagchi said.

using some of their limited infrastructure resources to counter the Chinese. shame they have to do this.

seems like Beijing is push, push, push everywhere, all the time. global strategy. lots of resources involved. will it gain them much advantage in the end?

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Gee. I wonder where all the woke people are complaining about the exploitation going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The situation between India and China is very complicated.

I was reading a lot about this last year. What we don’t read about, a lot of those little sleepy towns love the money the Chinese development is bringing in, but when they get called out on it they have to save face.

China knows how to make strategic friends…

www.globaltimes.cn...

Nepal's increasing purchasing of fertilizer from Chinese suppliers also come as it reportedly seeks more supplies from India, which is also facing a shortage on its own, highlighting India's limited capacity to fulfill its pledges, analysts noted.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Chinese people also enter Russia due to lack of resources. A lot of cross border flow of people. It's not excessive like the US but all borders are porous and fluid on some level. It will get to a certain point then governments start saying wait a minute our stuff no. China really doesn't have a choice. Too many people and not enough resources. Something has to give.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ummm…so…those armored…bulldozer drones that India just purchased…really have a purpose after all…

Talk about foresight…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Slowly, slowly catchee monkey. They did exactly that technique in Tibet. Initially armed takeover, but move farmers and families into the country and take over the indiginous population. Take over by stealth.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, China's aspiration on that side has always been "strategic control of frontier". The ancient Chinese emperors did not control India, so they don't have any emotions invested in "regaining" it. The previous wars only started when the Indians reacted, and they stopped when the Indians failed to drive the Chinese away from their entrenched positions. I don't think another war would be a long one unless other countries used the excuse to get involved.

edit on 7-12-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join