It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automation is the Future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
All of the lies about people not working isn't true. People are working, they are just working from home. Selling merch isn't considered a job I don't think, even though it is entreprenuership it isn't being counted. People are doing tick tock & twitch, or instagram & youtube, or making stuff & selling it at home. A lot of sponsers & donations to keep people funded. People are working.

They just aren't going to go back to jobs that should just be automated like stores & ford factories & things. Jobs that require people to made stuff hand made is prehistoric. Noone is going to go back to the nail & hammer when there is a nail gun & compressor or make fires to stay warm when theres automatic heaters or use hand saws when therez chainsaws. Hand count cash when there are cash registers & money machines & so on.

We have been making our way to complete automation since the beginning of technology, that is it's whole desired purpose. The coronavirus just sped up the process very quickly. So people are working, they just aren't going back to manual labor, you know, the things meant for robots & neanderthals.

The shortages will continue to get worse until businesses realize they need to invest more into automation instead of just getting rich off neanderthals. Anyone who is still working at a grocery store in 30 years or at a only semi autonomous factory will become an extict species like every other time human evolved to more autonomous workloads.

This my fellow man, is a fact of life & technology.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Even tractors that do field work are now automated. Satellites scan the earth and tell the computer where to put down more or less nutrients on the fields.

Here for a long time now, local farmers can only survive if they have 100s of hectar of fields. Specializing on one thing with huge machines needed. The little town I grew up had small farmer families now there are two left. All of my friends including my own family had a small farm or were attached to one.

Now it's two farmers that use the size of a town of fifty houses each, it's an industry now. And that's one of the last straws of local farmery, because one SHTF Gates and other elites, already doing it, will buy the land and then we're all # food wise.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

It isn't taking away jobs by doing that either because people have to work them satelites & know robotics. It takes a lot of computer work to control automation. No offense, it's only the peoole who refuse to learn how to do that stuff that go out of business. Being to old skool is bad for business, always has been.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomAntics
No offense but I disagree. The phrase that "it's only people who refuse to learn that..." is a cheap excuse to not have to think about the topic further more.

One tractor now does the work of at least five smaller ones and each one needed at least one driver. Bigger, wider, more capacity, torque and load.

Now the computer can drive that single one. Oh yes you need people to repair it.... not as much as you needed for five. Sure it's environmental friendlier but then you can't use the workforce phrase.

One single farmer needs to house more pigs than people living there to be competitive (around 2500). Back then the single farms had like twenty pigs a few cows and a lot of people in work.

You know what feeds and does away the poop of those pigs? Robots and the people that repair and service them are not from the next town over, they are from a huge service company, an faceless industry itself.

Being to old skool is bad for business, always has been.

Yeah, progress over anything, even dead bodies I guess.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Even with regular tractors people are putting people with horse pulled rotatillars out of business & the people with horse pulled rotatillars are putting people who do it by hand out of business. Just by having this fone or comuler or whatever as a form of comunication your single handeldy putting probably 20 messengers out of a job. Unless you out into consideration the amount of jobs it xreates fof people who decided to adapt. It just the way the world works. Adapt or go extict.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You kind of contradict yourself with this. When you wrote before that the lost jobs will be replaced by people who repair the robots that make them loose their jobs in the first place.

I am not sure you thought this through.

And again, "adapt or go extinct is just the way the world works" is not a sincere argument when we talk about robotics. And not a smart choice to use evolution in biology to defend or rather justify the outcome electro-mechanical automation has on biology.

Are you aware that you're nullifying the validity of that sentence, I freely quoted above? You're saying the world works like this (evolution) but evolution is biological, the automation is not biological.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Bit depressing but thought this was a good film.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I put in that unless you consider how many jobs its creates for people who decided to adapt after the messenger part but it was for the whole thing. Nah im on here in between doin stuff so only the general topic is thought through not each convo.

I see robotics as simillar to putting a stone on a stick & calling it a hatchet or making a wheel & attaching them to animals. It is just a less primitive form & more efficient. We are just biological robots, so im kinda lookin at it from that aspect.

Automation is biological in 5000 years though. Organically grown robotics will be the future, we are organically grown robots so we can replicate it, it only takes time.

Every technological step is creating & losing jobs. There are more jobs than ever right now because of automation hence why the world is what some would say overpopulated, because there are enough jobs for eceryone to be supported. Major automated manufacturing also creates huge amounts of jobs because the more output, the more people it takes to sell.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It looks like automtion is about happier cows.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I can't watch it because it says the powers that shouldn't be. That is only said by lazy & frightened people & that means a lot of nonsense will be in it.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

haha thats awesome. Who doesn't want to get sucked for a job?

Getting animals to do things by their own free will must be a huge step for automation. Measuring pleasure receptors in order for a better produced quality is creative. So when we create biological farm animals for mars & beyond their free wills wants will match our own so less problem will come about.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I just reread what you said. Also Biology is mechanical automation. All animals run off of electricity & so all plants. All organic material is electrically charged. There isn't really much that isn't. Your confusing the power source.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
..''
we are organically grown robots so we can replicate it, it only takes time.
"...

No it doesn't! We have been replicating for ages.
I certainly don't want a couple of centuries of technological advancements to lead to something we have been doing for thousands upon thousands of years. I know I already created two biochemical humanoids.
You'll find out once you get at that point in the future. Just replicating us humans (instead of trying to create a biochemical humanoid)...is much easier. It doesn't take years of technological progress to do that.

You're right about the time though. It does take time and even a little effort ;-)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Dude, give me a #ing break. Your techity-tech-tech electricity-hinging job is worthless when the power goes out. Those manual Old Timers can run circles around you when it comes to adaption.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

haha well for space humans need to evolve. I do not think we will go extict creating ourselfs in our image but it will be us intergrating with our technology as we have been doing since science was invented. Something that lets us travel space as pleased just biologically & not in giant dildoes or a jet pack space suit. Just an animal that swims through space. Thats thousands of years of more evilution though.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nope. In the face of adversity, technology can only grow stronger. Geniuses out there that lose power will invent their own when push come to shove if they want it, it is nature. Then they will distrubute it, maybe just to friends at first but it will create a new society if it did collapse. I am not an end of the world type of person, I am more of if it gets disrupted there is a new habitat for transformation.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Also Biology is mechanical automation. All animals run off of electricity & so all plants. All organic material is electrically charged. There isn't really much that isn't. Your confusing the power source.

I won't argue against that, except for the power source, that really does not matter here. You can't honestly say that failure of adaption to mechanical automates is "just how the world works" and compare it to Darwinism, adapt or go extinct.

We're talking about adaption to something human made, cherished by other humans, not something natural.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If im wrong its no big deal, if your wrong, people with that same thought process your intriging will go extict. When faced with the possibility of being more wrong once the answer is found one must take into consideration other viable options.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You are rationalizing my critique towards your "eat or die" argument down to being an enemy of automation, that I am not.

On one hand you say that automation will help us ease workload, on the other hand you say it does not kill jobs.

What is it? I am saying it is killing more jobs than it creates. Further more, many jobs it creates are begin to being redundant and replaced by automation itself, namely artificial intelligence.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Automation creates jobs though. Look at how many jobs there are now there is so much robotics. There are too many jobs out there because of our advancements & we have like at least 5 times more people in the world than there ever has been.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join