It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45th Parallel North ( TTS 2022)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: AccessDenied

I am scared by your avatar.

Now I have to read your story.

It's an old album cover based on my user name. Funny thing is I've had it for a long time but it seems so relevant to the current world situation that I can't bring myself to swap it out.
Not to mention it looks just like me...lol...
edit on 17-12-2021 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Apologies, in advance for the format of the story appearing as a " wall of text". My tablet simply lacks the ability to properly edit the appearance .

I was going to send you a PM about this.. but thought I'd just post it here.

I recently experienced what some of you folks have been speaking about with regards to the editing and formats on android and/or phones/whatever... But this was on my PC.

I had to do some editing on my last story (The Mission) and found I couldn't add any spaces or make some corrections. It was very frustrating. I tried to copy and paste some stuff into the story.. nope, it wouldn't let me. So on a whim, I backspaced/deleted a minor section (fluff really), then the heavens opened up and I was able to make all sorts of additions and corrections.

The culprit.. the space count of each individual page,, D U H ... How I didn't put two and two together is beyond me.. (I blame the last two years.. lol).

Anyway.. I was wondering if thats what might have happened on your lower page section.

So just tossing it out there...
Johnny

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Apologies, in advance for the format of the story appearing as a " wall of text". My tablet simply lacks the ability to properly edit the appearance .

I was going to send you a PM about this.. but thought I'd just post it here.

I recently experienced what some of you folks have been speaking about with regards to the editing and formats on android and/or phones/whatever... But this was on my PC.

I had to do some editing on my last story (The Mission) and found I couldn't add any spaces or make some corrections. It was very frustrating. I tried to copy and paste some stuff into the story.. nope, it wouldn't let me. So on a whim, I backspaced/deleted a minor section (fluff really), then the heavens opened up and I was able to make all sorts of additions and corrections.

The culprit.. the space count of each individual page,, D U H ... How I didn't put two and two together is beyond me.. (I blame the last two years.. lol).

Anyway.. I was wondering if thats what might have happened on your lower page section.

So just tossing it out there...
Johnny

My issue would be part old technology, in the form of an older tablet, part ignorance, as is I have little knowledge of proper formatting, and part laziness.
In all honesty when I copy and paste before posting it all looks fine to me. Only after it's posted do I see the difference. So even if I try to edit it properly, I can't because in edit mode it looks fine. Very frustrating. But I've recently acquired a new tablet with better document formatting, just haven't tested it out yet. New laptop is new years purchase.
Glad you figured out your issue though. Technology is so darn finicky. And I'm old school, lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What a delightful read.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

What a delightful read.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I love your story the most! I star & flagged you before Xmas, but never got around to commenting.

Your narrative drew me into your picture-postcard world! Between curiousity about Daniel's antics and the friendship with Sarah, the story kept me hooked. Then you hit me with "Sarah's Bakery"... lump in throat time. That's where I stopped and voted so as not to forget. The rest of the fable then played out perfectly.

This would make a lovely bedtime story to read to children... sweet dreams.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

I love your story the most! I star & flagged you before Xmas, but never got around to commenting.

Your narrative drew me into your picture-postcard world! Between curiousity about Daniel's antics and the friendship with Sarah, the story kept me hooked. Then you hit me with "Sarah's Bakery"... lump in throat time. That's where I stopped and voted so as not to forget. The rest of the fable then played out perfectly.

This would make a lovely bedtime story to read to children... sweet dreams.

Thank you so much for that! The picture postcard is an actual place, my hometown. As is the theme park. But obviously the story of how it came to be was entirely my work of fiction. So glad you enjoyed it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join