It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for Dec 2021-Jan 2022 --TTS2022-- TIS THE SEASON --Winners Announced

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We started off terrifically out of the gate... but we appear to be in a slight lull.

Maybe the holiday's are affecting your creative process... or maybe it's just plain old "writer's block". And that's ok because all author's have that problem at some time or another. And out of that frustration comes the rewrites and maybe even having to start from scratch all over again.

Take famed Author John Steinbeck (East of Eden, Grapes Of Wrath, Of Mice and Men). He had some stories that just didn't quite catch on and had to be rewritten several times. In fact his novel "The Winter of Our Discontent" had that happen.

We dug down deep and found one of those failed attempts... and you can see for yourself that it just didn't quite work out even title-wise. It was a story about a grocery store owner trying to promote his business with coupons. It failed miserably and even the title sucked.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is my entry and I am needing all of your prayers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Forgot to link my third one...

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wrote another one I hope ya'll have room wink wink

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

My little entry
Here

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I forgot to add my middle story, which is here:

And this is my latest and last for this competition:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My short rant..err..story for this contest

Thanks,

blend

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Amazing
a reply to: blend57

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Apparently unique off-world species can be indoctrinated into our Earthly traditions, and they attempt to even get in the Seasonal Spirit.

Of course their ideas of getting gifts may also include the devouring of the bearded man in the red suit as a snack. I personally think that the problem lies with his suit color being red, it seems to inflame and conjure up some instinct of a wounded bloody victim that's still breathing. Of course that's just conjecture on my part.

So far, as traditions go, they seem to really enjoy this earthly holiday concept the best (although Thanksgiving is their second favorite).

They first had problems with the whole 'Peace on Earth' thing. All that went through their brain's, translated 'our' sentiment more as 'Piece on Earth', and so as a gift to themselves, they'd take over sections and small regions of land for themselves. Most earthlings didn't make too much of a ruckus as those that did, turned up missing quite often, which is probably just a strange coincidence.

It's a real hoot when they try and partake in the singing of holidays songs, it might just be me, but they seem out of tune and off key more often than I like, but they are enthusiastic that is for sure. I still crack up every time one of them tries to wish you a Merry Christmas, even with the universal translators I can't make heads or tails of what they're saying.

Anyway here it is now going on 5 years and we all seem to be making strides in trying to get along with one another, but sometimes I fear the rumors of ....

Then I woke up not knowing how the story ends

edit on 12/10/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm loving this! Even multiple entries! Might have to put pen to paper again myself....

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Johnny, is there no limit for number of entries whatsoever? Like, none at all? Because I've put in three now and I've got an idea brewing for a fourth and fifth....

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moonstar7
Johnny, is there no limit for number of entries whatsoever? Like, none at all? Because I've put in three now and I've got an idea brewing for a fourth and fifth....

As said before... The more the merrier, BUT, (and it's a constant big but), only one of the submitted stories can win.

Just remember the stories have to be original and fiction. ATS is verily well known that personal information (and the like) are not welcomed in the contest. This is your safe haven to get away from the "real world' we unfortunately have to contend with.

So the short answer is.. you got stories? Then let us have them!
Johnny

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the reading material folks

I've not had much free time lately, but I've enjoyed having something quick to read to fill my downtime. Lot's of talent around this place

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I agree 100%

Wonderful stories...

Love It!!

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Thanks DTOM!!!

Merry Holidays!!

Here is the official link in…

Author: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Entry Title: Day Drinking [TTS2022]

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Author Anne Rice has passed away at the age of 80, due to complications from a stroke. This makes my heart so very sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Some great stories so far.
I hope whoever hasn't entered yet will take time from Holiday prep to pen a story for the contest.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have some really wild hairs that tickle me at times, and apparently this is one of those times. What if you took a beloved poem and messed with it enough to get you in trouble (Johnny raises his hand, "Yes please"). So I took the beloved 'Twas the night before Christmas', and... well tried to have some fun mish-mashing it.

Twas several nite's before Christmas, when all thro' the house,
Not a creature was typing, or even using a mouse;
Stories were told by the chimney and spoken so clear,
With hopes and wishes that St. Nicholas might possibly hear;

The children played Nintendo all snug in their beds,
While visions from sugar & caffeine danc'd in their heads,
And Mama in her 'Snuggie;, and I with my baseball cap,
both quite inebriated and ready for a long winter's nap.

When out on the porch there was a loud clatter,
The wife kicks me out of bed to see what is the matter.
Stumbling into a sliding glass door, my big toe I did stub
As I tore off the curtains, and fell on my golf club.

Is that the moon or a spot-light against the new fallen snow,
I'll just lie here and take it easy as I've taken quite a blow;
When, what to my bloodshot eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny rein-deer,
And a little tune is playing some Christmas re-creation
Neighbors must have just switched on their yards decorations.

With mystery solved, perhaps I'll sit and write a story,
I must carefully rethink this evening in all it's glory.
Because what happened tonite I must confess,
I've not a clue how I'll explain this whole mess!

Perhaps you too might find it in your heart to whip us out something for us to read in our contest.
Johnny

edit on 12/15/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
That was awesome !

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join