It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing - People can't do math!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HystericalRevisionist
What is the limit of [(n+1)/n] as n approaches positive infinity and n and n +1 are terms in the Fibonacci Sequence?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It is not the kids fault ... it is yours and everyone else's.

Western education has been a crap show for a long time ... and you are only now noticing the effects.

The biggest problem is that they have been taught that their parents and by extension, all adults are too old to understand the new math.

Look up how kids are taught to do division.

P

Nothing to do with those kids being the sort that end up in dead end jobs or working for dad?

Crap jobs have always attracted the least able.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteMeow
what you need math for? tape measure job done...

" PHOTOJOURNALIST
"Do you know what the man is saying? Do you? This is dialectics.
It's very simple dialectics. One through nine, no maybes, no
supposes, no fractions -- you can't travel in space, you can't go out
into space, you know, without, like, you know, with fractions -- what
are you going to land on, one quarter, three-eighths -- what are you
going to do when you go from here to Venus or something -- that's
dialectic physics, OK? Dialectic logic is there's only love and hate, you
either love somebody or you hate them."

It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is what happens when woke standards are put into practice. Over time, this will get much much worse. The "can't figure out change" scenario used to be so rare it was good for a laugh, now it's the norm. The worst part is when they get angry at you for politely pointing out they're wrong. They're not interested in learning things or doing them properly, which means they'll embrace ignorance for life and pass it right down to the next gen.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Very impressive.

(you have got me thinking about math now
no s lol. I still carry the one but at trigonometry I am somewhat rusty I admit)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A short story for the judgmental.

A friend of mine did great in math through grade school.

Then, in sixth grade, the school decided they'd try a new teaching method. Students would draw cards out of a box, which taught math concepts. There was no active participation from the teacher.

Try as she might she couldn't understand early algebra and the teacher wasn't willing to help. As a result, she got lost and never found her way again.

She struggled through middle school. In high school she barely passed algebra and geometry and fumbled her way through physical science and chemistry.

After being in the working world for a while she decided to go back to college to pick up a second degree. One of the required courses had algebra as a topic.

She was able to figure it out after many years of being away from school and came away with an "A", but lamented her inability to understand advanced math concepts.

She's not a stupid woman. She has a decent IQ. She just didn't get a proper foundation to learn more advanced math.

If you don't get the help you need it is hard to succeed at some things. Something that seems easy to you may not be for others because they didn't have the benefit of your learning experiences.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Went to McDuffus's one time and ordered a burger and fried. Total was $4.05. I gave the gal $5 dollar bill and a nickel.

She gave me $1.95 back...and wanted to ARGUE about it!!
I've had that argument more than once. It usually ends with me saying, "Just trust me and put this back into your register." and then I lay the money on the counter and walk out.

One that can really blow a cashiers mind is...
Total Amount Owed = $11.37
I have $20s, $1s, and quarters.
I hand them a $20, a $1, and 2 quarters.
Mind Blown!! They have no clue what to do with that.

The problem is that they don't know how to punch it in on the cash register. The option of figuring it out on their own doesn't even cross their mind. It's simple math, but they don't even consider it a possibility that they could do it all by themselves. lol

Almost makes you want to slap them and just say,
"STOP!!!.... ok... now..... THINK!"

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
How about when you pull up to a stop sign at the same time as the guy to your right side. They get all pissed off waving hands around and sht because you're waiting for them to go(guys also wearing a mask alone in car). I can't deal with this sht.

That usually ends with you finally giving in and thinking, "Fine. screw it. I'll go." at the exact same time he also decides to go, so then both of you have to stop once again.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hey someone's gotta lay those bricks!

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HystericalRevisionist
What is the limit of [(n+1)/n] as n approaches positive infinity and n and n +1 are terms in the Fibonacci Sequence?

I've got nothing?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HystericalRevisionist

I dont phi

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lux666

Well done. You pass to the next level. Do you accept the challenge?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You're lucky. I struggle[d] with math all my life
base I can do is memorize formulas and when/how to apply them

top topics

<< 1   >>

join