It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Intention.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Itisnowagain

None, My faith on Jesus Death on the cross, his burial and his resurrection alone have already given me eternal life and when I am gathered unto him I will receive my new perfect body. Nothing to add to it and nothing can take it away from me.

Amen!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
I find the story Of Adam And Eve to be very fascinating, and one particular aspect of the story which I find to be very important in understanding the whole story of Adam And Eve is, was it Gods intention that Adam And Eve chose to eat from the tree of Knowledge Of Good And Evil ?

I believe yes God's intention was that Adam and Eve would choose to eat from the Tree and that it was not a sin or a falling away from God, but from the perspective of God a plan put into action, there was no betrayal, just innocents.

What was the original sin?

This question is far from academic. How so? Because Adam and Eve’s disobedience to God affected all future generations right down to our time. The Bible states: “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) If this “one man” is not referring to Adam, who else could that be referring to (so that it still fits)?

How did the simple act of taking and eating fruit from a tree result in such tragic consequences?

When God created Adam and Eve, he settled them in a beautiful garden that was filled with edible vegetation and fruit-bearing trees. Only one tree was out of bounds​—“the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.” Being free moral agents, Adam and Eve could choose to obey God or disobey him. Adam was warned, however, that “in the day you eat from [the tree of knowledge] you will positively die.”​—Genesis 1:29; 2:17.

This one restriction caused no hardship; Adam and Eve could eat from all the other trees in the garden. (Genesis 2:16) Moreover, the prohibition attributed nothing improper to the couple, nor did it rob them of dignity. Had God forbidden such vile things as bestiality or murder, some could claim that perfect humans had certain base inclinations that needed to be restrained. Eating, however, was natural and proper.

The tree of knowledge was a literal tree. However, it represented God’s right as Ruler to decide what is good and bad for his human creation. To eat from the tree, therefore, was not just an act of theft​—taking that which belonged to God—​but also a presumptuous grasp at moral independence, or self-determination. Note that after lyingly telling Eve that if she and her husband ate the fruit, they ‘positively would not die,’ Satan asserted: “For God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.”​—Genesis 3:4, 5.

When they ate the fruit, however, Adam and Eve did not receive godlike enlightenment on good and bad. In fact, Eve said to God: “The serpent​—it deceived me.” (Genesis 3:13) Still, she knew of God’s command, even restating it to the serpent, Satan’s mouthpiece. (Revelation 12:9) Hence, her act was one of willful disobedience. (Genesis 3:1-3) Adam, though, was not deceived. (1 Timothy 2:14) Instead of loyally obeying his Creator, he listened to his wife and followed her independent course.​—Genesis 3:6, 17.

By asserting their independence, Adam and Eve irreparably damaged their relationship with Jehovah and inflicted sin’s imprint upon their organism, right to its genetic foundations. True, they lived for hundreds of years, but they began to die “in the day” of their sin, as a branch severed from a tree would. (Genesis 5:5) Moreover, for the first time, they sensed an internal disharmony. They felt naked and tried to hide from God. (Genesis 3:7, 8) They also felt guilt, insecurity, and shame. Their sin produced an upheaval within them, their consciences accusing them of wrongdoing.

To be true to himself and to his holy standards, God justly sentenced Adam and Eve to death and expelled them from the garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:19, 23, 24) Thus, Paradise, happiness, and everlasting life were lost, while sin, suffering, and death resulted. What a tragic development for the human race! However, immediately after sentencing the couple, God promised to undo all the harm resulting from their sin without compromising his own righteous standards.

Jehovah purposed to make it possible for the offspring of Adam and Eve to be freed from sin’s deadly grip. He accomplished this through Jesus Christ. (Genesis 3:15; Matthew 20:28; Galatians 3:16) Through him, God will eliminate sin and all its effects and will make the earth into a global paradise, just as he purposed in the beginning.​—Luke 23:43; John 3:16.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: Smigg
I find the story Of Adam And Eve to be very fascinating, and one particular aspect of the story which I find to be very important in understanding the whole story of Adam And Eve is, was it Gods intention that Adam And Eve chose to eat from the tree of Knowledge Of Good And Evil ?

I believe yes God's intention was that Adam and Eve would choose to eat from the Tree and that it was not a sin or a falling away from God, but from the perspective of God a plan put into action, there was no betrayal, just innocents.

What was the original sin?

This question is far from academic. How so? Because Adam and Eve’s disobedience to God affected all future generations right down to our time. The Bible states: “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) If this “one man” is not referring to Adam, who else could that be referring to (so that it still fits)?

How did the simple act of taking and eating fruit from a tree result in such tragic consequences?

When God created Adam and Eve, he settled them in a beautiful garden that was filled with edible vegetation and fruit-bearing trees. Only one tree was out of bounds​—“the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.” Being free moral agents, Adam and Eve could choose to obey God or disobey him. Adam was warned, however, that “in the day you eat from [the tree of knowledge] you will positively die.”​—Genesis 1:29; 2:17.

This one restriction caused no hardship; Adam and Eve could eat from all the other trees in the garden. (Genesis 2:16) Moreover, the prohibition attributed nothing improper to the couple, nor did it rob them of dignity. Had God forbidden such vile things as bestiality or murder, some could claim that perfect humans had certain base inclinations that needed to be restrained. Eating, however, was natural and proper.

The tree of knowledge was a literal tree. However, it represented God’s right as Ruler to decide what is good and bad for his human creation. To eat from the tree, therefore, was not just an act of theft​—taking that which belonged to God—​but also a presumptuous grasp at moral independence, or self-determination. Note that after lyingly telling Eve that if she and her husband ate the fruit, they ‘positively would not die,’ Satan asserted: “For God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.”​—Genesis 3:4, 5.

When they ate the fruit, however, Adam and Eve did not receive godlike enlightenment on good and bad. In fact, Eve said to God: “The serpent​—it deceived me.” (Genesis 3:13) Still, she knew of God’s command, even restating it to the serpent, Satan’s mouthpiece. (Revelation 12:9) Hence, her act was one of willful disobedience. (Genesis 3:1-3) Adam, though, was not deceived. (1 Timothy 2:14) Instead of loyally obeying his Creator, he listened to his wife and followed her independent course.​—Genesis 3:6, 17.

By asserting their independence, Adam and Eve irreparably damaged their relationship with Jehovah and inflicted sin’s imprint upon their organism, right to its genetic foundations. True, they lived for hundreds of years, but they began to die “in the day” of their sin, as a branch severed from a tree would. (Genesis 5:5) Moreover, for the first time, they sensed an internal disharmony. They felt naked and tried to hide from God. (Genesis 3:7, 8) They also felt guilt, insecurity, and shame. Their sin produced an upheaval within them, their consciences accusing them of wrongdoing.

To be true to himself and to his holy standards, God justly sentenced Adam and Eve to death and expelled them from the garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:19, 23, 24) Thus, Paradise, happiness, and everlasting life were lost, while sin, suffering, and death resulted. What a tragic development for the human race! However, immediately after sentencing the couple, God promised to undo all the harm resulting from their sin without compromising his own righteous standards.

Jehovah purposed to make it possible for the offspring of Adam and Eve to be freed from sin’s deadly grip. He accomplished this through Jesus Christ. (Genesis 3:15; Matthew 20:28; Galatians 3:16) Through him, God will eliminate sin and all its effects and will make the earth into a global paradise, just as he purposed in the beginning.​—Luke 23:43; John 3:16.

You have to look at it from the point of view of Adam And Eve rather than from God's perspective, what were they, why were they, why would a God create a being with the ability to know good and evil like Him and then intentionally create a garden to suppress it with a command not to eat from it ? whilst in the garden they only served God, the garden was created for that purpose only, Adam And Eve were being intentionally held against their will, their will and reason for being was not to live in the garden of Eden. Their sin was to rise against their creator but also their captor.

Adam And Eve ate with their minds in the garden of Eden. We are not what we are led to believe, our design was given to God and we weren't designed to worship our creator. In the end time Gods true religion will be taught throughout the world, it ain't being taught yet so for now we only need worship Christ, Christ was created before our creator, Christ is not the God of the old testament or His Son, the Bible is a half truth.

edit on th122311 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

edit on th12021212 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

edit on th122133 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

100% Yes. If this realm of good and evil didn't have purpose it would not exist.

It can be given purpose besides it having to be changed and removed all over.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Randomname2
a reply to: TzarChasm

If it was Gods intention he would have told them to eat from that rotten poisoned tree, Adam and Eve are his children, he didn’t trick them to kill them.

It is commonly held among those of the faith that God never makes mistakes and is never surprised. As such it logically follows the events in Eden known as "the fall of man" happened exactly as God foresaw because that's what he had planned all along.

You're saying God planned the fall of man and that is was no mistake. And in the future God will undo it all again bringing the New Jerusalem removing death and the devil. You're portraying God as some kind of magician not really knowing what he's doing with the power he has.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Randomname2

It happened, therefore god wanted it to happen. Otherwise why call him god.

You're saying everything is God's will, the righteousness as well as the wickedness, God being a jack-of-all-trades.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join