It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan closes its borders tonight new virus maybe not be what we think it is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Just in tonight.

In light of a surge in coronavirus cases, Japan is closing its borders until Jan. 31, 2022 to all foreign arrivals except residents of Japan, according to the Consulate-General of Japan in Tokyo. The measures come after a detection of cases with the new strain of the coronavirus, which was first discovered in South Africa.

G7 health ministers will hold an emergency meeting on Monday about the new Omicron Covid-19 variant spreading across the world and forcing border closures, as experts race to determine the level of threat posed by the new strain.

The meeting was called by G7 chair Britain, which is among a steadily growing number of countries that have detected cases of the heavily mutated new variant.

Japan has closed its borders to all foreign arrivals as it becomes the latest country to impose travel bans following the discovery of the new Omicron Covid variant.
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida announced the move Monday, coming just weeks after Japan began allowing some visa holders back into the country. Japan has yet to confirm a case of the variant on its shores.

The Philippines also said it will temporarily suspend plans to allow fully vaccinated tourists into the country, fearful of importing the super-mutated strain because most of its population remains unjabbed.

Fully vaccinated tourists were due to be allowed into the Philippines from Wednesday. The government did not say when the ban might now be lifted.

Japan closes its borders tonight new virus maybe not be what we think it is

Well whatever we may think, its for real. Just right for the holidays. This is also going to bring down the economy.
Stock market on Friday I understand didn't do too well either.

Brace for sugar and bread flour shortages is the talk on the street. Expect Christmas cake shortages also.
edit on 1100000049432021-11-29T06:43:49-06:00434911am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Martial law for next year’s election.

I would believe it when Brandon sends troops to the southern border. That’s not going to happen because, we’ll fake news.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The link is blocked from where I am in the UK and there is nothing on the MSN about this as far as I can see yet.
Edit
Just found some newspaper site coverage but nothing on the BBC so far.
Edit
Scottish FM Nicola Sturgeon has just called for stricter travel isolation measures
a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 29-11-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's funny but I predicted that there would be an increase in viruses as the Earth warms. Looks like I'm right. Hold on to your hats....we're in for a bumpy ride!

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You might want to check the first paragraph in that.

Two points: 1) Closed until Jan 2021 - that is nearly a year ago.
2) The new virus was first found in South Africa, not the UK. This is referring to the delta variant I would suggest.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If that is the case then the upcoming Grand Solar Minimum will do us a big bunch of favours.

a reply to: lostbook

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I 'm not trying to frighten anyone here, but I would have some available cash on hand now at all times.

More updates coming soon. Brace for something in the making. Sorry I don't know what it is. On the street it is only going to be a shortage of sugar and bread flour. Might expect your popular pizza joints to start upping the price.

I'm trying to find out how much American flour is sold to China. Any one here can find out about that ?

This is now happening in Morocco .

Morocco closes its air borders for two weeks.

All flights arriving in Morocco are suspended starting from Monday 29 November and up to Sunday 12 December included.

The below is old news, but it could repeat itself in the near future.

The decision comes from the Interministerial Committee, which follows the developments of the daCovid pandemic, due to the rapid spread of the new Omicron variant.
RABAT, In the hope of limiting the contagion of coronavirus, the Moroccan government closes all borders from today with immediate effect to prevent the entry of foreigners and isolate the Moroccans. Ceuta and Melilla, the Spanish enclaves in Morocco are completely isolated.
The port of Tanger-Med, the largest in Africa, has closed the terminal for passengers. All flights to and from Germany, Holland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, France, Spain and Italy are suspended. Thousands of tourists stranded in all airports. The Italian Embassy invited the Italians who had not yet made contact with iconsolates present in Moroccan cities. Some Italians are able to board this morning on planes bound for Greece, departing from the Moroccan airports. Those who have managed to cross the Spanish border are now blocked in Spain.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkstar2

You might want to check the first paragraph in that.

Two points: 1) Closed until Jan 2021 - that is nearly a year ago.
2) The new virus was first found in South Africa, not the UK. This is referring to the delta variant I would suggest.

Thanks . Possible translation problem. I corrected the above. Again, thank you.
edit on 1100000004472021-11-29T06:47:04-06:00470411am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Fake news!

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Your link isn't working. This is what I get as a URL : about:blank#blocked

As far as shortages go, expect lots of shortages. The supply chain is broken, one of the west coast ports is broken - nothing moving very fast out of Vancouver with the highways leading out all busted up until they're fixed, and the supply chain was broken before that.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It seems that the arrival of this scary new variant just happens to coincide with the time of year that in 2019(and before) would have been referred to as 'Flu Season'.

Personally, my fear of this variant is just as strong as the fear I have always had for the flu.
(I've never been afraid of the flu)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Your link isn't working. This is what I get as a URL : about:blank#blocked

That's because he only inserted the first part 'that you want to be seen', and forgot the 2nd part of the link.(the part that matters)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I 'm not trying to frighten anyone here, but I would have some available cash on hand now at all times.

More updates coming soon. Brace for something in the making. Sorry I don't know what it is. On the street it is only going to be a shortage of sugar and bread flour. Might expect your popular pizza joints to start upping the price.

I'm trying to find out how much American flour is sold to China. Any one here can find out about that ?

This is now happening in Morocco .

Morocco closes its air borders for two weeks.

All flights arriving in Morocco are suspended starting from Monday 29 November and up to Sunday 12 December included.

The below is old news, but it could repeat itself in the near future.

The decision comes from the Interministerial Committee, which follows the developments of the daCovid pandemic, due to the rapid spread of the new Omicron variant.
RABAT, In the hope of limiting the contagion of coronavirus, the Moroccan government closes all borders from today with immediate effect to prevent the entry of foreigners and isolate the Moroccans. Ceuta and Melilla, the Spanish enclaves in Morocco are completely isolated.
The port of Tanger-Med, the largest in Africa, has closed the terminal for passengers. All flights to and from Germany, Holland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, France, Spain and Italy are suspended. Thousands of tourists stranded in all airports. The Italian Embassy invited the Italians who had not yet made contact with iconsolates present in Moroccan cities. Some Italians are able to board this morning on planes bound for Greece, departing from the Moroccan airports. Those who have managed to cross the Spanish border are now blocked in Spain.

Your only frightening the gullible sheep.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
If that is the case then the upcoming Grand Solar Minimum will do us a big bunch of favours.

a reply to: lostbook

Good point. Still, there is the ever increasing world population which seems to increase daily. It's an estimated 7.9 billion people worldwide as of October 2021. All those extra bodies bring more heat.
edit on 29-11-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I’m supposed to fly to Tokyo on Thursday under a family visit visa. I’m scrambling to see if it’s been canceled. Hopefully not because my wife is there and I haven’t seen her since April. I saved all of my time off this year so I could spend a month there.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
I’m supposed to fly to Tokyo on Thursday under a family visit visa. I’m scrambling to see if it’s been canceled. Hopefully not because my wife is there and I haven’t seen her since April. I saved all of my time off this year so I could spend a month there.

Check with the US Embassy in Tokyo.
Since you have a wife in Japan, I highly recommend that you sign up for the US Embassy in Japan. They will keep you informed and up to date on ALL travel restrictions entering and leaving Japan.

As of now, it is unlikely that you can enter unless you are a Japanese citizen. Also check with your airline for a refund.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ratcals

On November 29, 2021, the Government of Japan announced strengthened quarantine measures in response to the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID-19. Effective November 30, 2021 at 00:00, entry of new, non-resident foreign nationals (to include students on educational travel) will be suspended.

Travelers who are permitted to enter Japan will be required to quarantine at home, a private residence, or in a hotel for 14 days subject to approval by the Government of Japan. Prior plans to reduce the quarantine period to three or 10 days have been suspended.

Currently, travelers from the United States are not subject to enhanced quarantine measures which require new arrivals to quarantine in a Japanese government-designated location. Travelers coming from several southern African countries will now be required to quarantine for 10 days in a Government of Japan facility. Rules related to quarantine requirements may change often and with little notice. Travelers should monitor local news resources, as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Justice, and Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare websites before traveling.

The total number of travelers authorized to enter Japan will decrease from 5,000 to 3,000 starting on December 1, 2021.

The U.S. Embassy strongly urges any U.S. citizens considering travel to Japan to carefully review the information available from the Government of Japan.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Flu season will have a new variant soo get ready guys, covid is old news Flu is the new covid.

I am sure big pharma will play this one as a killer of babies for maximum booster push.

BTW no boosters and not jabs as of today will do anything for any new covid variants.

Neither the Flu shots.

Get that plastic bubble.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

To me this virus, is nothing more than a control device to seperate and divide countries.

It’s all about divide and conquer

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: ratcals

Check with the US Embassy in Tokyo.
Since you have a wife in Japan, I highly recommend that you sign up for the US Embassy in Japan. They will keep you informed and up to date on ALL travel restrictions entering and leaving Japan.

As of now, it is unlikely that you can enter unless you are a Japanese citizen. Also check with your airline for a refund.

I spoke with the Japanese consulate here and they said this does not affect me as long as I have a visa and the kosekitohon, the official document proving I have Japanese family. I guess we shall see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join