It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reign of Intellectual Insanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is a follow up to a thread I wrote back in 2017 titled The Rise of Intellectual Insanity. In that thread I wrote about how the extreme anti-Trump hatred had caused me to lose respect for many intelligent people I once looked up to. We are now at a point where pretentious intellectualism is in control of all aspects of our society, and anyone who opposes the dystopian laws enforced around the world are considered anti-scientific fools.

In the last two years my life has remained largely the same because the place I live in Australia had very few restrictions until a few months ago when Delta started spreading. I visited my grandparents multiple times, I could go into any shop I wanted without wearing a mask, I even attended a birthday party at a fancy hotel with hundreds of people, the only people wearing masks were the staff, and this was only about half a year ago.

Then Delta came along and they started pushing the vaccine, and all freedom went out the window. I'm not saying Covid-19 doesn't kill people, but I don't know any friends or family who have died from Covid-19 in the last 2 years, however I have had several family members succumb to cancer in that time. Didn't Biden promise to cure cancer if he was elected? Quite frankly, you psuedo-intellectuals make me sick, you make a mockery of science and the entire human species.

The majority of suffering endured since this pandemic began is a direct result of the lock downs, not Covid-19. The data clearly shows I have more chance of dying in a car crash than from Covid-19 in Australia. And despite the fearmongering about every new strain, it is constantly evolving to be less deadly even if it becomes more infectious. That fact is also clear in the data, we can see Delta caused much bigger waves of Covid-19 yet it killed fewer people than previous strains.

If it infects far more people, yet is killing far less people, all around the world, that is undeniable evidence it's evolving to be less deadly, despite what any bogus "scientific" study may claim. Now look at this new variant called Omicron or whatever weird name they came up with this time. It's evolving new ways to spread and get around the vaccine. According to reports I've read it has over 50 mutations and 30 of those mutations occur in the spike protein.

The vaccines target the spike protein, so Omicron is quite good at infecting vaccinated people. As an unvaccinated person it makes no difference to me, in fact Omicron is probably much like Delta, less deadly but more infectious. So the only people that really have a reason to be concerned about these new strains are the vaccinated. The data shows that new variants can spread through a vaccinated community just as easily as an unvaccinated community.

To be fair, the data also shows that vaccinated people have a lower chance of dying if they contract Covid-19. The MSM and even health officials are now admitting that although the vaccine may not prevent you from catching and spreading Covid-19, it will lower your chances of dying from Covid-19. And based on the data that does seem to be the truth, the vaccine will provide some temporary protection for a few months.

However, that doesn't justify wide sweeping vaccine mandates, especially when we don't know the potential long term side-effects. Forcing everyone to be vaccinated with rapidly trialed high tech mRNA vaccines is literally gambling with the future of humanity. More importantly, we've been told that we are selfish and we don't care about grandma if we refuse to be vaccinated, but that argument completely falls apart if the vaccines don't prevent virus propagation.

If we agree that the vaccines do lower the chance of dying from Covid-19, then it becomes a completely personal health choice. You being vaccinated doesn't make granny any safer I'm sorry to say. What infuriates me more than anything is how so many people still act like the vaccine is some sort of magical bullet which solves everything. How many of those people actually have the slightest understanding of how mRNA vaccine technology really works?

I'm labelled as anti-science because I refuse the vaccine, but I refuse the vaccine out of principle more than anything else. I have posted more threads in the science forum of ATS than any other forum. I'm not religious, science has always been my religion, but it's now becoming very clear that science should never be treated as a religion or cult, else we end up in the type of situation we face now, a dystopia created by intellectual insanity.

If they were really scientifically minded they would stop with the fearmongering and stop treating the vaccine like some sort of mystical high tech magic bullet. That sort of mind-set only shows how scientifically illiterate a person really is. They have no real scientific understanding of why the vaccine will do everything they say it will, yet they will repeat the same false claims over and over again ad nauseam, because if you repeat something enough people believe it.

What's worse is the people who are actually educated and should know better, yet they are too afraid to oppose the mainstream narrative, or they just go along with the grain without questioning it. I would describe this intellectual insanity as a type of group trance, similar to the group mentality we saw rise under Trump. It's easy for them to believe they are on the right side of history, after all how could all the smartest people on Earth be wrong...
edit on 29/11/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This virus is way less dangerous than the people pushing fear of it. Those people could have told us ways to lessen our risk, yet they ignored the research that showed what anti-viral food chemistry inhibited this virus to make it less dangerous to most at risk, and pushed fear to make their vaccine program get more people to take it, a vaccine that was not properly assessed because they rushed it.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Politicians for the most part are on the verge of insane thinking for their people.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A very well-written post, ChaoticOrder. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The rise and reign of terror from "our betters" has forced us down a tyrannical path that I do not see a way out of at this point.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
This is a follow up to a thread I wrote back in 2017 titled The Rise of Intellectual Insanity. In that thread I wrote about how the extreme anti-Trump hatred had caused me to lose respect for many intelligent people I once looked up to. We are now at a point where pretentious intellectualism is in control of all aspects of our society, and anyone who opposes the dystopian laws enforced around the world are considered anti-scientific fools. ...

I, likewise, have completely lost respect for several people whom I previously considered to be people of some intelligent and of integrity. I watch them either be apathetic or knuckle under the regime's lies. It's sad. I don't even try to address it. I just gave up on them and let them be. It's not worth it. Maybe we just need to shut up and let natural selection (or perhaps, in this case, unnatural selection) run its course.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Politicians for the most part are on the verge of insane thinking for their people.

Yes, we have politicians with little scientific education allowing their emotions to be their guide, and this is the result. Sure you could say they are just listening to the experts, and to some extent that is true, which makes this whole thing even worse.

My love for science has led me to have some insight into the academic realm, which helps me understand how they think and how they have allowed science to become their cult. The vaccine is a symbol of science, but not just any symbol, it's a symbol of hope.

It's supposedly our golden ticket for escaping this hell, if only those pesky science deniers would just submit to the group will. Yet when we look at the most vaccinated nations on Earth we see a picture which diverges far from the one we are promised.

Once again this comes down to a "greater good" mentality... those who oppose the vaccine are putting lives at risk, threatening public safety. And now that the virus is evolving to evade vaccines that argument is completely baseless, not that it was valid in the first place.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Great OP

I want to know for a fact that the virus is getting more infectious but also less fatal in order for it to flourish.

Is there any reason a virus would evolve to become more deadly as that seems counterproductive to it surviving long term?

Can anybody point me in the right direction, please?

edit on 29-11-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Since the recent vaccine surge, had a couple of people I know suffer mysterious heart issues.
What shocks me is both deny it has anything to do with vaccines, no thought at all.

I wonder?

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it again because, to me, this lunatic epitomizes everything that's wrong with the response to this pandemic.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I want to know for a fact that the virus is getting more infectious but also less fatal in order for it to flourish.

Like I said, it's pretty easy to show if you look at the publicly available data. Over the last few months Delta has caused massive waves of Covid-19 all around the world, much larger than previous waves, but it hasn't killed more people than the previous waves. In some countries Delta may have killed more people than the early strains, but it's not a significant difference. However there is a significant difference in case numbers, because Delta is far more infectious than earlier strains. So it's crystal clear new strains must be evolving to become less deadly. A couple of months ago I shared data showing how various nations have experienced that same trend: the lethality and virality of the Delta strain.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
well stated OP

the problem as i see it is not "intellectual insanity " exactly

but that we have become the 1984 doublethink mentality

war is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is strength

or to put it another way
twisting definition of words , concepts, and facts or outright lying as to what they mean to "intellectually" justify their "facts/causes/ect"

so maybe not insanity but dishonesty

just a thought

scrounger

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Much appreciated

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it again because, to me, this lunatic epitomizes everything that's wrong with the response to this pandemic.

Hilarious !!

The Google™ auto-translate to text, at 59 seconds, to : ...if you are arguing against this man(date?), you are absolutely anti-banks... " ( It was supposedly Anti-Vaxx™. )

Maybe AI is on our side, and dropping us hints as to where we should be looking, when there is nothing but nonsense before us... ?

Well : for the ones that haven't already realized it's a huge scam anyways.

edit on 29-11-2021 by Nothin because: sp

edit on 29-11-2021 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Excellent OP CO.

It doesn't make sense, this huge umbrella of Scientism™ that has been opened over the world.

Very useful for hypnotizing those that "Love" Science™, and can't contemplate that anybody with less than honorable intentions could have completely taken it over, are have been using their control to exploit humanity.

We are left with armies of "I Love Science™" drones, whom despite having fancy degrees, certificates, and squiggly letters before or after their name : are unable to demonstrate any level of critical thinking.

For this crowd : everything has to be Peer-Reviewed™, Accepted™-Evidence™, Proof™, from only the most Esteemed™ Institutions™, and the most highly Approuved™ Authorities™.

The High-Priests™ in the gleaning White-Coats™ : uttering nothing but pure absolute Truth™.

But it's all a smoke-screen.
It's just their cover-story, to give their lunacy some form of legitimacy, to the unthinking masses.
They've perfected it over the years, and it seems to have fooled the majority of citizens now.

The slave-owner has convinced the slave that he is free, even though he still toils all day long in the field, to pay for the housing and food that the 'former' slave-owner provides.

The slave-owner now not only makes profits from the farm, but from what he skims off-of what he overcharges the former slave.

It's called Freedom™, because it's not free.

We are surrounded by, are managed by, intellectual slaves.

Not sure if any of the above is accurate.
Just thinking and writing.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Theoretically, it can happen since a mutation is a mutation. But generally, the more lethal a mutation is, the harder a time it will have spreading since its host will become incapacitated and die before being able to widely spread it.

This is why Ebola outbreaks are usually contained. They tend to kill before they spread too far and they exhaust their locally available pool of hosts.

Another way to spread outside your available pool of hosts is to use another vector. A lot of the great plagues of the past used other hosts to spread themselves. The plague traveled through fleas and rodents and continues to be endemic to those populations today. Many diseases travel through insects who are simply not affected by them and so can carry them freely and over long distances to hosts that will die.

There is currently no evidence that COVID travels this way though.
edit on 29-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.

In that thread I wrote about how the extreme anti-Trump hatred had caused me to lose respect for many intelligent people I once looked up to.

This^^^ This year alone, I have distanced myself from a handful of people on both sides of the political spectrum. I have been quite surprised by the extremism I've seen in some folks I thought were more stable.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

One of our former college friends who went into academia openly wished death on us when we admitted we weren't getting our 5 to 11 year old kid vaccinated right away over myocarditis concerns.

He told us he hoped one or more of us would get COVID and that the others would have to watch them die and that we were worthless.

He told that to me, and it was rather shocking as I'd not talked or posted politics in years since I come here to do that stuff. I figure here we all kind of expect that sort of behavior.

I was a bit floored. He used to be reasonable and sane.
edit on 29-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Exactly the kind of remarks I'm talking about. What comes out of peoples mouths right now is scary, but I think down the road some of these people are going to regret jumping on the tyranny wagon.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

My worry is that it will only come after it's too late for them and by extension far too late for many of the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The two biggest and brightest red flags for me was the absolute silence from Big Govt Health Agencies on what everyone can and should do do to not only strengthen and fortify our bodies in preparation for becoming ill, but how to treat ourselves early and at home to prevent the worst symptoms and complications. Yes, we were told to wash our hands and ordered to wear face masks, but neither helps the person prepare for infection, or how to nurse and nurture our own bodies to prevent the worst. The medical establishment itself refused to treat anyone until they were turning blue and on death's door.

The other big bright red flag is that it is now not only acceptable but expected that non-healthcare professionals are demanding advocating and recommending specific "healthcare" treatments in the form of experimental vaccines for which they have no personal knowledge or experience of their safety or efficacy...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join