It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Mornings advises families to rapid test guests in the garage this Thanksgiving

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bicent

Not to mention ... I can imagine the scene:

You arrive at Grandpa Karl's and he comes out with the test to the garage and waits with you while you take it. You end up positive, so what does Grandpa Karl do? He's technically now been exposed, right?

And Grandpa Karl is an idiot.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did your family not buy a turkey to help insulate them from the pain of the cost of the holiday meal, and were you thinking of simply not going if they did?

Actually, my son hosted this year to show off his new house, both families. For some strange reason he served chicken instead of turkey. So we had dead bird, dead pig, and the trimmings (awesome crushed-up dead tater roots with churned cow juice). As usual, I ate too much.

Had he not, there's a 25-pound turkey carcass sitting in my freezer at the ready. We were going to eat, and eat good, while we enjoyed each others' company.

We all showed up, said hello, milled around a few minutes, grabbed plates, stuffed our faces until our bellies started popping buttons, and then sat around and talked about everything under the sun... except getting sick from a virus and the latest idiocitiness coming out of this place called Washington DC where everyone is wearing a tourniquet around their neck so whatever brain they may have once had is decaying into primeval organic soup from lack of oxygen.

That was more super awesome advice from our media betters this week.

You mean the people who spend their lives trying to convince others to be dumber than they are because they already know there's no possible way they can be become less dumb themselves? The ones who tell us how to have a family Thanksgiving while they themselves can't do so because they prefer to sit behind a desk with no pants on acting like they actually know something? The ones who somehow managed to buy a piece of paper saying they have knowledge in nothingology so they can hang it on their wall and call themselves a "doctor"? Those betters?

I'll pass. I'd rather spend my day with intelligent people.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My mother always chose chicken over Turkey, she always said that Turkey no matter how you seasoned to her it never was tasty enough, soo chicken was better for her taste.

And lets no forget our pernil, that is roasted pork leg and Puerto Rican tradition.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Marg, you have never tasted my wife's turkey! She actually gets it moist like chicken, and every bit as tasty.

Not to mention, turkeys are bigger.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I bet she cooks great, my younger brother can cook like a pro and his food is always the tastiest of all including meats and Turkey.

I think my mom just did not liked Turkey at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

I don't watch those types of shows, but apparently someone does. I suspect that most of the people who do watch those shows would think that the testing is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

It's a good thing I don't like to travel. Even when I did, it was never out of the U.S. I used to want to travel around the world, but life got in the way and I no longer have the desire.
But for people who do want to travel, I'm surprised they even put up with all the stupid testing and vaccinating requirements. I would think it would make them change their idea of what is a good way to celebrate.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

That might be funny if it was not family members coming in!

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I feel as strongly about this as you do! I hope you and yours had a good Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah I think so, too. That's to prevent us from talking and possibly sharing information and opinions not allowed on social media or main stream media.
I remember back when the rioting was going on, my dad didn't even know how bad it had been becoming until I mentioned it. He was in a nursing home and most of what he did was listen to his books and watch t.v. Mainstream news was all he would have been getting his information from if it wasn't for me talking to him.
Also, they want us to feel separated and not being comforted and happy with others. If we are separated we are more prone to mental health issues, I think. What I mean is if we feel isolated and alone, we may be prone to depression or whatever.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolicia

And people would say you are a nutty conspiracy theorist who is just blowing things out of proportion. I could see something like this happening at some point.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know you were being funny, but dang that was great to watch! It makes me long for the times when my family was still happy and getting together for holidays. Now my family kinda sucks. :/ (Sorry, I don't want to be a downer)

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Or dead already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join