It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does mask increase virus transmission?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wearing face mask produces a stuffy feeling, making people far more likely to mouth breathe rather than nose breathe. This increases the amount of water vapor people exhale into the air if they wear mask in comparison to if they do not. With more water vapor in the air, viruses have more capacity to condense water around themselves to form a protective bubble to avoid dessication and this enables viruses to survive longer and become more infectious. I propose a theory that states which do not have indoor mask mandate have fewer virus transmission compared to states that do. If you check the CDC website, clearly the southern Republican states such as Texas, Florida have less virus transmission compared to northern Democrat states such as California, New York. We know masks do not block viral sized particles. They do flow into the air through masks. And if there is an environment that results in more water vapor indoors, my guess is there will be better virus survival and transmission indoors.

link

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ResistanceFighter

After 2 years and learning and knowing what we know about Covid, natural immunity and vaccines, wearing a mask only increases the transmission of 'woke & stupid'.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

After 2 years and learning and knowing what we know about Covid, natural immunity and vaccines, wearing a mask only increases the transmission of 'woke & stupid'.

Pavlov's dog on a scale that is staggering.

Honestly it is pathetic.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes the cheap ass masks are a big problem with CO2 and SaO2 🚨

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Since the argument is always how wonderful the mask is at blocking the expulsion of germs and viruses, it would be impossible if the mask didn't hold the virus in your face as opposed to it not being in your face for hours. I look forward to the mental gymnastics it will take to reverse that.
edit on 20-11-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

To be honest, I'm kinda torn in the mask thingo.

Obviously it is good that it's gone, however, all of those people who were retarded enough to wear one while alone in their car or walking alone on an empty beach have now blended back into "society" and are no longer immediately identifiable.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Who wares a mask correctly. And it makes you touch your face a lot more as you adjust it for comfort.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Which virus are we talking about now?
The remnants of the flu you had when you were 5, that the pcr test finds, that a bunch of pedos created so they can continue to perv out and rig planet earth?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Remember the "masks do nothing, but are good for making people feel safe" announcement?
I do

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Masks decrease the spread of virus and bacteria...

2 1/2 years dealing with covid patients... never caught it

but when it was spread through my home, it was always spread by an outside family member who decided they didn't need to ware a mask with their family member

And while its true a mask does not prevent spread of virus sized particles... said particles are always attached to saliva or mucus... they don't go floating around by themselves

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Does mask increase virus transmission?

No , latest study shows mask wearing cuts transmission rates by 53%.

Latest coronavirus news as of 12pm on 18 November
Review of studies reinforces the effectiveness of face coverings, handwashing and social distancing

Mask wearing is one of the most effective public health measures for preventing covid-19, reducing incidence of the disease by 53 per cent, according to a review of published research.
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Which virus are we talking about now?
The remnants of the flu you had when you were 5, that the pcr test finds, that a bunch of pedos created so they can continue to perv out and rig planet earth?

A dustmask makes perfect sense. Cause "science"

1st Timothy chapter 6 verses 17-21 KJV

17Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

I love this book more and more over time.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yes it does,

This is why and is a Fact, look around people that wears masks, they are constantly fixing, touching and manipulating the masks.

They have not clue that they touch surfaces around that could be contaminated and then they stick their dirty hands and fingers in the mask the are using to fix it.

Soo yes, the more they play with the mask touching their faces they more chances to get contaminated.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Let me get this straight? A train person wearing a mask that is probably an N-95 with a proper waste steam for disposal. Who probably changes to a fresh mask frequently.

Vs Joe off the street wearing a mask made out of an old t-shirt who frequently pulls the thing down to their chin in public. Or the guy that wears a disposable procedure mask all shift doing labors the mask was never designed to keep a proper kit during. With no proper waste stream. Both masks not made to hold and trap moisture in a matrix hour after hour of wearing.

🤔
edit on 20-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Cut transmission rates by 53%?

Gots a study that states how it impacts overall total number of people infected.

A condom could stop 60 percent transmission of sperm, but that doesn’t mean it would have an effective impact on pregnancies.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No proof the data and studies aren't rigged 😎🦇

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ResistanceFighter
Wearing face mask produces a stuffy feeling, making people far more likely to mouth breathe rather than nose breathe. This increases the amount of water vapor people exhale into the air if they wear mask in comparison to if they do not. With more water vapor in the air, viruses have more capacity to condense water around themselves to form a protective bubble to avoid dessication and this enables viruses to survive longer and become more infectious. I propose a theory that states which do not have indoor mask mandate have fewer virus transmission compared to states that do. If you check the CDC website, clearly the southern Republican states such as Texas, Florida have less virus transmission compared to northern Democrat states such as California, New York. We know masks do not block viral sized particles. They do flow into the air through masks. And if there is an environment that results in more water vapor indoors, my guess is there will be better virus survival and transmission indoors.

link

Yes, mouth breathing releases more water vapor into the air than nose breathing:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

“This study showed that the net water loss increased by 42% when the breathing mode was switched from nasal to oral expiration during tidal breathing in healthy subjects.”

However, somebody tested your theory last year and found it to be incorrect:

journals.asm.org...

“Here, we broadly investigated the effects of relative humidity, temperature, and droplet size on the stability of SARS-CoV-2 in a simulated clinically relevant matrix dried on nonporous surfaces. The results show that SARS-CoV-2 decayed more rapidly when either humidity or temperature was increased but that droplet volume (1 to 50 μl) and surface type (stainless steel, plastic, or nitrile glove) did not significantly impact decay rate.”

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Akragon

Let me get this straight? A train person wearing a mask that is probably an N-95 with a proper waste steam for disposal. Who probably changes to a fresh mask frequently.

Vs Joe off the street wearing a mask made out of an old t-shirt who frequently pulls the thing down to their chin in public. Or the guy that wears a disposable procedure mask all shift doing labors the mask was never designed to keep a proper kit during. With no proper waste stream. Both masks not made to hold and trap moisture in a matrix hour after hour of wearing.

🤔

I thought we were talking about masks here.... cotton masks or usually the ones that are pretty that you buy in stores are useless... you might as well be walking around with your head tucked in your shirt...

We rarely use N95 masks... though you can breath better in them, and obviously they're more efficient... just straight surgical masks are used...

And again... 2 1/2 years of dealing directly with covid patients... literally in their faces (among other things
)

Never caught it... none of my coworkers caught it from them either... a few have caught it outside of work... likely from not wearing masks or from not washing their hands after going out in public... they should know better

And the only time covid actually got in to my home and spread was from outside family members bringing it into the home... and deciding wearing a mask isn't necessary while visiting their loved ones

So yes.... Masks prevent the spread of virus and bacteria... pretty sure thats proof

And lots of evidence from other homes in my province... Theres 628 of them by the way

edit on 20-11-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ummm…is this a serious question…?

Or you just funnin us…?

You do realize…that the mask layers are woven so that direct pathways are inhibited by subsequent layering…most filtration media has a minimum of 5 layers…all woven to inhibit particulates by trapping them in the weave…

Being as COVID 19 is only airborne on saliva and mucus droplets…and not just free floating…the infected sputum is trapped on the outer layers and due to the high humidity from exhalation in the filter media…the virus remains suspended in the layering…it doesn’t crawl through…and leap down your throat…or into your sinus cavity…

The water vapor your exhaling into your filter media…is actually…helping…your protective mask do it’s job…

Of course…you should change the filters often…and use a UV wand to sterilize with as well…

YouSir

(post by CovidKiller removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join