It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomerang UFO Over Copper Smelter 1980 - Was It A Precursor To The “V” Phoenix Lights 1997

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
UFO OVER COPPER SMELTER

Let me first preface this thread by saying Karl12 made mention to the incident below in two of his awhile back threads that popped up in my ATS search for this particular UFO type incident….only his mentioning was associated in the interest of UFO’s and Schools. The mentioning’s do not go into the depth of what I present below. Thanks for the ATS mentioning’s…Karl!

The Morenci AZ incident was mentioned in UFO Cover-Up?: Live! (TV Movie 1988) where I originally got the idea to search for information on it….

Here is the entire APRO Bulletin telling of the incident……my thoughts on the Phoenix Lights possible tie in are after this report….

After reading the above report…..I wonder to myself if this 1980 Morenci AZ incident could have been a developmental precursor to the purported craft in the Phoenix Lights incident of 1997?

As I read the characteristics for the Boomerang craft I can’t help but also associate the shape to a “V” (triangle) shaped craft. Then the other characteristics similar if not the same to both craft are the description of red lights, a white light, very slow to then fast moving, silent, no markings seen from underneath, smooth solid bottom, huge extra large sizes…etc.

It could be that the purported 1997 Phoenix craft was a latest developmental revision model…..Supersized.

Below from wiki on the Phoenix Lights…. Are at least a few eyewitnesses that describe the same features as the witnesses during the 1980 incident:

……..”Devon Lorenz and his aunt, Jamie Lorenz…….The lights formed a triangular pattern, but all of them appeared to be red, except the light at the nose of the object, which was distinctly white.……The altitude could not be determined but the object was fairly low and made no sound whatsoever.”……..

……..”Tim Ley and his wife Bobbi, his son Hal and his grandson Damien Turnidge ……….At first, the lights appeared to them as five separate and distinct lights in an arc shape, ………. the distance between the lights increased, and they took on the shape of an upside-down V. ………..Soon, the object with the embedded lights appeared to be coming right down the street where they lived, about 100 to 150 feet (30 to 45 meters) above them, traveling so slowly that it appeared to hover and was silent.”……..

It’s almost like the Phoenix Lights was old passé news to the residents of Morenci AZ, compared to what happened to them back in 1980. Been there done that…..

👽🍺

edit on 17-11-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/17/2021 by semperfortis because: Corrected All Caps

(post by JustSaviorCyber removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I've seen a 'boomerang' ufo, commented about it on a thread here a while ago. but was more of a 'wing' all straight edges, no noise, no lights. Travelling fast like a jet and looked like it was kind of blending in with the sky, like how you see 'active camouflage' in sci fi movies.

Gave me a super eerie feeling as it seemed 'ghost' like, well that's the best way I can describe it. Seen a lot of stories about featuring people seeing very similar around the world.

I do wonder how many, if not all of these things are actually man made experimental aircraft. (There's an Army base near where I live and we got a lot of foreign military come here each year for training exercises.)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I've seen white boomerangs in the sky several times. Each time I was driving on the freeway and they were relatively far away, so I couldn't really judge size, movement etc. In the end they could have been anything, but since both sightings were the same it made me wonder

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
I've seen a 'boomerang' ufo, commented about it on a thread here a while ago. but was more of a 'wing' all straight edges, no noise, no lights. Travelling fast like a jet and looked like it was kind of blending in with the sky, like how you see 'active camouflage' in sci fi movies.

Gave me a super eerie feeling as it seemed 'ghost' like, well that's the best way I can describe it. Seen a lot of stories about featuring people seeing very similar around the world.

I do wonder how many, if not all of these things are actually man made experimental aircraft. (There's an Army base near where I live and we got a lot of foreign military come here each year for training exercises.)

I seen one with exactly the same 'active camouflage' you described except it was shaped like a bloated disk with a half sphere on top. It was traveling about 150 feet above the river moving approximately 20-30 miles an hour up the river. This was in Hamilton Ohio 10 years ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Not all "weather balloons" have to be "round".

Not all "blimps" are "cigar-shaped".

The polyethylene (?) material often used for such craft is transparent/translucent, especially once the envelope is filled and airborne.

Seen at a distance, such a craft would easily appear "ghostly", or as if it were utilizing some sort of "active camouflage" as the sky behind the craft was seen by the viewer through the "skin" of the craft.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
It could be that the purported 1997 Phoenix craft was a latest developmental revision model…..Supersized.

You were the last person to post in the thread called "The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth", a year ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did you not read that thread? If you had, you would know that the Phoenix lights was not a V-shaped craft.

Here is video proof of that:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
As you can see, the light at the upper-right of the image is already falling out of formation. By the end of the 43-second video, most of the lights have fallen out of formation, indicating that the lights are all separate vehicles, not one massive, single ship:

What is little-known are the witnesses that saw the "vee" formation, but saw that it was planes and not a solid object. One such witness is Mitch Stanley. A 21-year-old amateur astronomer who spends several nights a week in his backyard looking at the sky with his 10-inch Dobsonian, F 5.5 TELEVUE 32mm Plossl, which produces 43X magnification.

Here's Mitch with his telescope:

So the video already proves the Phoenix lights in the "V" shape was not a single object with lights on it, the lights were separate objects moving relative to each other.

Then we have Mitch Stanley who probably got the best look at the V-formation of anybody looking at them through his pretty good telescope. He sent an e-mail to Tim Printy describing what he saw through his telescope, and Tim Printy made this sketch of what Mitch Stanley's e-mail described:

www.astronomyufo.com...

So Mitch described that's what the lights looked like in his telescope. It wasn't a V-shaped craft. The conspiracy is that the city councilwoman Frances Barwood, who made the noise about the "UFO" event talked to plenty of witnesses but she was informed about Mitch Stanley who saw the planes through his telescope, and she ignored him, the one guy who got the best look at it. That my friend, is the REAL UFO coverup of the Phoenix lights!

The Great UFO Cover-up

But New Times has learned that Barwood herself ignored the claims of a witness who might be the most important of all.

Mitch Stanley, 21, spends several nights a week in his backyard with a 10-inch telescope, exploring the night sky. He's owned the telescope for about a year, and has learned the sky well. With its 10-inch mirror, the telescope gathers 1,500 times as much light as the human eye. And with the eyepiece Stanley was using on the night of March 13, the telescope gave him 60 times the resolving power of his naked eye.

That night Mitch and his mother, Linda, were in the backyard and noticed the lights coming from the north. Since the lights seemed to be moving so slowly, Mitch attempted to capture them in the scope. He succeeded, and the leading three lights fit in his field of vision. Linda asked what they were.

"Planes," Mitch said.
It was plain to see, he says. What looked like individual lights to the naked eye actually split into two under the resolving power of the telescope. The lights were located on the undersides of squarish wings, Mitch says. And the planes themselves seemed small, like light private planes...

When Barwood made her appeal and the story began to appear in local newspapers, Jones attempted to let people know of Stanley's sighting. He called Richard de Uriarte, reader advocate at the Arizona Republic, as well as Barwood, directly. To both, Jones said that a local amateur astronomer had examined the lights through a large telescope and had seen that they were airplanes.

Jones says both promised to have someone call back who would take down his story and contact Mitch Stanley.

Neither one did.
"They really don't want to know," Linda Stanley says. "Here was a person who had seen it and [Barwood] never bothered to contact us at all."

The Morristown NJ hoax proved with flares tied to balloons that people would see a solid object flying overhead, where there was no solid object, just like happened over Phoenix. And just like over Phoenix, the eyewitness stories varied, some people didn't see a solid object, but they were ignored. The UFO buffs cherry picked the witnesses they wanted to believe in both cases.

UFO Hoax Was a Social Experiment

Some UFO buffs ridiculed the idea that this was a hoax, claiming that the movements of the lights ruled out the possibility of flares.

One writer stated that "thousands of eyewitnesses said they saw a giant, solid, triangular object fly over their heads." Often the UFO-theory defenders cherry-picked their evidence and eyewitnesses, for example dismissing those who saw balloons tied to flares as mistaken while giving credence to others who didn't see balloons. (For a fascinating glimpse into the rabid denials offered against the flares explanation, see the readers' comments section of my initial column.)

The case was even profiled on the popular History Channel show "UFO Hunters." Bill Birnes, the lead investigator (and publisher of "UFO Magazine") also dismissed the flare explanation. According to the show, "police say the unidentified flying object was nothing but flares — a theory "UFO Hunters" has already tested and proven implausible."

The show was very influential, with many viewers accepting their conclusions without question.

The case remained open (among many UFO groups anyway), until this week when, on April Fool's day, two 20-something college kids, Chris Russo and Joe Rudy, admitted to the hoax...

In a posting at Skeptic.com, the pair said the hoax was a "social experiment on how to create your own media event surrounding UFO sightings…to show everyone how unreliable eyewitness accounts are, along with investigators of UFOs."

Indeed, that point was well made.

Didn't the Morristown hoax prove that we can't trust eyewitness accounts, especially of misperceived claims of a solid object where there was no solid object? If you say no, I think you're ignoring the facts. The eyewitness accounts in Morristown and in Phoenix have a lot in common, and so does the cherry-picking by UFO buffs in believing the witnesses they want to and ignoring the witnesses that gave better descriptions.

edit on 20211117 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Arbi thanks for making me look back.....

You stated....."Didn't the Morristown hoax prove that we can't trust eyewitness accounts, especially of misperceived claims of a solid object where there was no solid object? If you say no, I think you're ignoring the facts. The eyewitness accounts in Morristown and in Phoenix have a lot in common, and so does the cherry-picking by UFO buffs in believing the witnesses they want to and ignoring the witnesses that gave better descriptions."

I'm not disputing your opinion....

I came across the APRO Bulletin of this incident on the WWW....it didn't appear to have ever been posted to an ATS thread that I could find. So I thought it was worth posting. Perhaps you have better luck searching on ATS for it then I have, IF it previously existed.

Given the circumstances and characteristics of the craft described and it's sighting in Morenci Arizona, it hearkened to me a familiarity of the Phoenix Lights incident. My opinion of the Phoenix Lights is up in the air as of now, it may change tomorrow, etc. The shapes to me are in hindsight semantics of a "V", Boomerang, Triangle, even a Measuring Square. What I do know, is neither of these two events, describe a Disc or Cigar shape. This is from the Editor's note in the APRO Bulletin ......"(Editor's note: The boomerang-shape is not totally unfamiliar in UFO lore, but then it is not widely seen as discs or cigar-shapes either."......

Look at the difference here between the Sweden UFO from member Histeria at the ATS link you posted and the Morenci craft below ......similar double row of lights! its a similarity, nothing more....even if it might be a mass Hallucination of mis-identification.

👽🛸🍺

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Look at the difference here between the Sweden UFO from member Histeria the ATS link you posted and the Morenci craft below ......similar double row of lights! its a similarity, nothing more....even if it might be a mass Hallucination...

If you had made this thread with that comparison it would be a lot more understandable. I don't know what either of those are and I can see the similarity. But I was kind of shocked to see you still treating the Phoenix "V" as one thing instead of 5 or 6 separate objects after seeing you post in the thread proving the lights were separate objects.

People tend to "connect the dots" when they see lights at night, even if the lights aren't really connected, not only in the Phoenix case, but in other cases too.

These mass sightings are typically not mass hallucinations, but they can be mass misperceptions. We have the same general biology and we can make the same types of human misperceptions, like thinking lights are connected when they aren't, thinking the lights are closer than they really are, and so on.

Eyewitnesses of the UFO over Hawaii a year ago thought the "UFO" had a boomerang shape, though some said triangular. It wasn't a mass hallucination. There really were real lights in the sky. But they weren't connected...people thought they were, and some thought in a boomerang shape.

Hawaii Mothership Oct 24, 2020
p95: "that thing looks really similar boomerang shape to the video before this, the one where it was possibly over an airfield and cut out just before it would have flown over the camera? But wasn't that a totally different country?

p118: "Black Onyx == I don't know how it looks like a fleet. That looks an awful lot like the boomerang ship seen during the Hudson valley sightings.

p119: "70 WolfNippleChips== That's what i thought at first glance, but you can clearly see in one of the videos the outline of this huge, single object! It's pretty much boomerang shaped! "

p161: "John Appleby == Can clearly see its a boomerang type crafts, powering up"

p172: "70 WolfNippleChips == This is one of many videos of this object! One of them clearly showed the outline of a boomerang shaped object."

p93: "Sandip Bhattacharjee == Clearly ..this is a whole craft.. triangular or may be boomerang shaped..
• "Lali == that is a giant craft"
• "Luis Olmedo == This is ONE HUMUNGUS OBJECT. It is the same shape in every single recording… Seeming as the lights are stationary and don't seem to be moving around I'd say it's a space craft of some sort, a true UFO in all it's meaning"

All misperceptions of the same lights in the sky, not hallucinations. I cherry-picked the boomerang comments for relevance to this thread, but not intending to deceive, because as I already said, some people described a triangular shaped craft. But there was no craft, either boomerang or triangle shaped.

edit on 20211117 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yes.....("These mass sightings are typically not mass hallucinations, but they can be mass misperceptions.")... Mis-perceptions, would have been a better word to use.

Hallucinations is more associated with magic mushrooms, peyote, and bad Mexican food

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

yes they are probably Australians from the future.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Great stuff, thanks!!

new topics

top topics

join